growing for dumies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some pics nothing new just the canopy so much nicer now:icon_smile: 79/53 outside room condition

WP_20130709_012_zps46d46b8f.jpg

WP_20130709_013_zpsacf908b6.jpg

WP_20130709_014_zps17b11a73.jpg

WP_20130709_020_zpscbccd1bb.jpg

SO HAPPY SEEDS HAVE ARRIVED probally going to pop them all we will see maybe 6/6

10 Satori
1 Critical cheese (auto fem)
1 Deep cheese (fem)

plus have this lurking just need to flower out what I got in tent or get another tent ;)

Big Boy 6 Site Complete Hydroponic System:

IT'S FINALLY HERE: an affordable ebb and flow system that's smarter than the rest!!! The Big Boy Ebb & Flow Hydroponic System is an unbelievable value to any indoor farmer! This system offers all of the versatility of much higher priced systems and MORE, at nearly half the cost. Using the digital timers included with the system, the fill and drain cycles can be timed down to the minute. The layout of the 3.5 gallon site pots can be easily condensed to meet spatial limitations, and also arranged to allow easy access for maintenance purposes. The unique setup of the Big Boy also gives it the ability to transform from the basic six pot model, all the way up to an 18 POT HORTICULTURAL POWERHOUSE! Six Bucket expansion kits, including the necessary tubing and connectors, can be added at any time to fit your growing needs. The Big Boy also includes a water level adjustment feature, which is not available in other more expensive units.

As with many things, the simplicity of the Big Boy Ebb & Flow System is its beauty. The system works by pumping the nutrient solution in your reservoir through a controller bucket and into the sites. As the solution in the sites and controller bucket rise together, the float valve in the controller bucket stops the flow at the desired level. When the drain cycle begins, the solution is pumped through the controller bucket and back to the reservoir. After assembling and testing the system, simply set the flood and drain to begin delivering life giving water and nutrients to your plants! With the Big Boy System, there are no complicated and expensive control modules to go bad on you. Plus, if there ever are any issues, don’t sweat it. The system is covered under a 5 year warranty, and our knowledgeable sales staff can even make repairs on the spot at your local retail store.

In addition to its simplicity and the common sense water level adjustment feature, the design of the Big Boy Ebb & Flow System addresses many of the other shortcomings of similar systems. First off, the Big Boy utilizes larger 3.5 gallon, low profile site pots which sit the same height as 2 gallon pots and much lower than an ebb and flow table. The higher volume 3.5 gallon pot system allows its owners to grow larger, more robust plants while conserving vertical space! Also, the Big Boy's convenient net pot style lids for its growing sites require less growing medium than other systems. Not only does this save you money on filling up the sites, but also makes cleaning and reusing hydroponic medium much less of a hassle. Anyone who's ever done so knows that is a big deal! Another advantage that the Big Boy offers is larger 3/4" tubing and connectors. Not only does this feature provide faster fill and drain cycles, but it also helps to reduce the chance of the hydroponic medium getting caught in the lines. The larger lines paired together with flexibility of the two Dual Outlet Digital Timers with battery backup, give owners the ability to run well timed, precision flood and drain cycles.

The Big Boy Ebb & Flow Hydroponic System is a perfect illustration of the fact that at HTG Supply, we want you to succeed. Our aim is to offer quality products like the Big Boy that not only save you money, but also help to reduce the time required for mundane tasks in the garden.

Check out the Big Boy Instructions below for more details on this system.

* This system does come with Hydrostone growing Medium. Each 10" Bucket lid holds 7 Liters of medium (6 pot complete holds 42 Liters of grow medium)

* As with any hydroponic system it is a good idea to add an air stone in your reservoir to keep it aerated and moving.

played with the venting today a bit, got the carbon filter in,as well as passive draw thru a flowering box that's got a hepa filter on side it

exhaust goes thru side wall now rather then vertically as seen in pic 1 then straight run in 3 and the 3 x 6"fans and a swivel 90 in pic 2

WP_20130710_027_zps8c6b6356.jpg

WP_20130710_031_zps69a08ed7.jpg

80/65% have a 16" osculating fan on high in there now moved smaller fan to under canopy removed other floor fan taped it up to help push air into the 8" inline run

ordered a new fan and controller

also got 1 critical cheese(auto/fem) & 2 satori germinating

82/64% just finished trying to get some 76degree air to em see how it goes may need rework and a fan ect

got down to 76 degrees, fan shipped! trimmed 2 1/2 plants that light is to hot to have lasted any longer anyway. took carbon filter off and rigged up a 10" round fan to the 8" see what it does better then the carbon filter thats for sure.

Good morning temps before a/c went on were 78.6/64%

fan is en route says will be here tomorrow very excited ty Dr. for the motivation and links ;)

things are green green green loving the 1k mh

ty Dr. for the motivation and links

Oh no worries at all man, I just want to see you do it right.. as did everyone here want to see me do things right. This MP place is really the cream of the sites out there for this type of thing. :D

ya very glad i landed here and not some where else!

just measured, may have enough room for another 55"x55" ;)

You have caught the marijuana growing addiction. Enjoy, it is a great habit to have... Good job NE.

Yeah, it really is an addiction to grow! I thought totally different about EVERYTHING before I started and now .. wooo the mindset is so changed. But it's awesome! I love growing almost as much as I love smoking..... almost ;)

I actually landed at a few other websites and gave them a try first.... then I branched out after a few days, copy and pasting my grow journal around... with nearly NO replies everywhere else, and loads of people that cared here, the choice was easy! I deleted my journals and accounts on the other sites (R o l l it up and Cannabis . org etc) and I just keep everything here. No need to go anywhere else :D Granted, somehow, I've made 1 enemy here (shame for him) this place is absolutely top notch!!

It comes down to it being so therapeutic for me... To find some thing that calms my mind like nothing else is as much medicine as the effects from the final product.

Ty Rose you have all been so informational never could have found this piece of mind with out you all! Being in a legal state and allowed to do this with little fear is also a huge part of therapy for me to not have to reengage in the event that got me killed ever again is huge to me.

congrats Mr New Guy it seems you got some good bud out of your cfls.

lmaf LSD who is ur enemy? LOL I gotta agree this is the only place for me. Marrijunanapassion

@N.E.: Yeah, it realllly is therapeutic! I'm almost sad when my time is over in my garden room even after 2 hours! :D Also as for:

Being in a legal state and allowed to do this with little fear is also a huge part of therapy

I'm envious of you all doing this in legal states. My state juuuuuust got legal the other day. They said "up to 2 years to get dispensaries in place" etc.. though I think it will be faster than that. It states a person can have up to 2 OZ's on them.. but.. NO growing (yet) ... so it's still a bit out for me. I always have worry, but I don't let it consume me. If I ever got caught, it's all for personal use anyways.. but still.. it would suck.

@Dr. Robertsozki: Well, I'd tell ya, but there's really no need to start it up again. It's a very "important" and old school member here, that's liked by many... even me. I don't know why he hates me, it was never clear even in PM's. I was respectful and trying to talk it out in PM's and he just kept telling me not to talk to him.. very childish. Can't just handle the issues and move along, interesting. I've dealt with children that can talk issues out better. -.-
I've even reached out my hand in threads to be nice...I'm just being ignored.

Annnnyways, I'm not trying to jack your thread N.E.! I'm very happy for you and your growing addiction to .. well.. growing! lol :aok: Cheers to you and yours.

just finished all under canopy triming and obstructive leafs on last half of plants. lookking nice

Critical Cheese has poped already 24 hr ish still no satoris poped

switched out the bulbs running a 150k high output super hps w/ increased violet/blue lighting spectrum / creates more correct balance of red and blue/violet energy increased for photosynthesis.

gonna flip em soon to 12/12 can't wait another week and a half they are all showing female and i need the space asap regardless of if i get less for not waiting 2 weeks between transplant and flower flip :eek:

so we have negative pressure with new fan :) as well as 2 satori have cracked and are doing well the cheese is still in the median working i'm sure it's in a self water tray with cover

unsure if I want to run the satori in dirt or hydro plants are tuned in on dirt, wondering if these are if it's not broke don;t fix it lol.. regardless need another tent to setup hyro at this point any way as the other 7 plants and fans fill tent as of now and 4 clones and 1 seedling under all my cfls ;) in cab 1 cab 2 needs to be made a drying cab asap

have some pics let me work on getting a few up

looking good the critical cheese auto fem has popped up out of the median over night half in half out bent over still but alive and out, there are 2 satori in the trays well atm. 4 more germinating still all have cracked just looked

tent is running 79/69 cause i connected it to my clone cabinet with a bunch of cfls running all night really need a portable a/c or some cheap alternative from direct a/c next weeks gonna be a hot one here :hubba:

Latest posts

Back