growing for dumies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for poping in guys, i posted this in another thread of it's own but my satori seeds are either really slow or the seeds **** the bed case the crit cheeses is on like day 3 of veg and these things are still underground with 1" tap roots. granted i did drop em in median as soon as they cracked and stuck their toung out so maybe not paper toweling them long enuff?

glad i made a back up order of seeds will not be happy if any of the satori do not atleast come out of the ground the closest to the top of soil looks very pale almost brown yellow like dead, using a self watering median and tray below in a bag on my laptop nice and warm same as cheese was

fang, it happens with hps and mh on my windows 8 phone camera is a piece of "add your word of choice" thing can't focus for "use another word here", i have a camera just no idea where it is and not much going on atm any way few more weeks the show starts :) and i will find the camera or take pics under a dif light if need be :) also removed all added height material all 5 plants are same height now, will rotate them daily out from center.totally read thru your thread, will def be going back thru it ;)

critical cheese is under 6 cfls 5600 or 6500 i forget doing great, waiting on a new t5ho 2 bulb 4' for my veg area will eventually get a 4 bulb but for now this will work seeing the cheese is an auto gonna 24/7 it

the 5 have been getting botanicare nutes around 1280 ppm 6.6-6.7ph 75degree water mixed 4 gal was very little run off will mix 5gal next time, they seem to like it one looks like it needs more nitro has lots of new bright groth letting it ride it out tho see what happens gave it extra feed.

need some more soil to top off grow bags they are all showing top roots and there is 3" to the top of bags still.. one plant only has a 2" stalk then goes left right all around

here come the crazy temps!

77/65% @ 4:20

be81bdff-75a8-4876-bf64-1adb67c22b4a_zpscc567808.jpg

WP_20130718_009_zpscce4495b.jpg

WP_20130717_016_zpsad273abf.jpg

54c7fa30-3ba0-4338-a9a9-bb9721d2ad56_zpse5cdcc4e.jpg

so i have no idea... 6 satori seeds seemed all good and just froze in growth. so i stuck the last 4 Satori and the Deep Cheese fem in a paper towel with purified water and zip bag just like b4 see wth happens cause i done this atleast 50 times with nps. could get interesting if things come to life lol

Crit Cheese Auto is happy and growing nice npz

hahaha hope to miss mine of that one ;)

78/68% in tent /// 98/38 feels like 104 outside atm

i see u lurking N.E.wguy, brimck325, deutsche420, Dr. Green Fang, JimBud, LEFTHAND, meetmrfist2, missabentley :farm: :bong2:

so found y camera so hope no stupid lines in pics, took pics gotta yadda ydda.. them seeds are looking good. 5 plants look good :icon_smile:

temps have been kept in check thru out the night and day for this heat wave thankfully this was a big test in it self.

the crit cheese is sitting under 5 cfls now on like day 4 i think 83.3/69 in the cabinet it is in with direct wind exhausting the cfl heat right out the slightly open door with draw from a 6" bottom hole :eek:

tent is lower in the high 70"S

well i have returned to the medium and have the new cheese and all 4 satori back in it, as i feel i probably cooked the last 6 no idea.. cheese and 2 satori are up and sprouting well, other 2 satori are working along i have since slices the median on one side to look at them if necessary

since added hydroton below in tray as well per hushpuppy's advice to prevent drowning which could have also be a contributor to my 6 dead

thanks Dr. appreciate teh green wishes they really helped. so of the reaming 4 2 have sprouted 1/2 out of median (using same as others died in.) The deep Cheese is also up and out and a 3rd satori has the shell sticking out so shoudl have 3 good satori one has what looks like mold on stem already need more air i guess

Good luck with the babies.
Your temps are more than exceptable
Nice full tent u got. Funny thing is. You got yer mantise n I use lady bugs. Lol.
Green mojo.
LH.

yea the bug i caught was the size of a lady bug and thats the size for mantis food i guess. but any thing smaller like mites is lady bug land

@LH thanks for stopping in and the mojo right back at ya ;) and thanks for the opinions means alot to get feed back and input from all you, looking forward to watching your grow as well!

well upon inspection iof the tallest satori root it was like 1/8" in the median and rest of plant sticking so opened it up and moved it in the block will probably die. about to run to the hydro store out of desperation losing all 10 would be a hit. I have clones of all in the tent tho all over a month old so we shoudl be going just a matter of what will be growing, very interested to see the stuff in the tent bud under 1k. also have another order in for other seeds some fems and autos, but was really looking forward to the satori :(

i think that 5gal bucket makes that plants water intake way more needy then the bags fyi

well the Critical Cheese Auto is doing great 2" under 5 6500 cfls 24/7 it's growing great (just put out in sun for a few, daily)

Just did surgery to the starter tray set up cut all the bottoms off the squares so median with sprouts is sitting on hydroton in a tuper ware container instead of the way they say to use it as past results were not good that way. have a few pics

Deep Cheese looks to be best out of the pack consisting of it and the 4 satori atm by far.. at this point if i get a male satori it's getting kept.. e/ if i get any satori :(

Should I put these sprouts under a high cfl now ?

today is week one of the Crit Cheese

and the surviving satori

DSCF6798.JPG

DSCF6821.JPG

DSCF6824.JPG

DSCF6820.JPG

DSCF6779.JPG

Where did you get or what did you make that Seedling tray with?? I need one, was thinking of using one of my Ice trays and cutting off the bottoms. Glad one of your Satori survived!! Looking great.

-Soul I think it's the rapid rooter cube set comes in 6,36,72 cubes or some thing, then bag of refills are like 16$

i'd recommend the burpee trays from lowes or h.d I hate this thing actually took all the cubes out and put them in a basket 0f hydroton

difference being this tray just sits in a tray of water the burpee at least the 72 one has a piece of cloth that wicks water up from a tray adn prevents over watering i think my first 6 drowned due to the tray still no idea

exodus cheese is in the middle, other 4 are satori and solo cup is the critical cheese

DSCF6826.JPG

DSCF6852.JPG

setting up hydro system for veg area got my t5 and median coco coir & large perlite, smart bags and a filter net for res.

have 6 sprouts and the Crit Cheese under the t5 now

about to put water in system afk :0

every thing went good have been running the system manually, top watering a bit just to pass any fine sediment. plan on a full drain and fill later today, they are still very small and do not need 55 gals of water atm tho really or any nutes, just testing space and system really. want to balance water and aerate it before I need it all up and running

DSCF6874.JPG

DSCF6871.JPG

Lots goin on more then I can keep up with almost. Have the hydro set up running with 3 clones xfred from dirt to coco cubes and perlite.

have another 55"x55" tent coming and a pro ballast.

no pics pc is down any one good with windows vista pm me

So day 11 lights of 12/12 on I see females

Latest posts

Back