growing in a apartment. plz help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got my tent for like 70 bucks off amazon and so you dont get into trouble be sure to replave the t's in http to x's. the tent i got was 2x4xlike 60 inchs got a carbon scruber and fan with my light for like i said around 500-600. i dotn know much about super lockers. they seem expensive to me. just look around i gaurantee you can set something up for way cheaper then how much you would spend on the locker. go look at these turn keys to get an idea of what to look for. hxxp://www.htgsupply.com/Category-Complete-Grow-Kits.asp

You guys need to be posting links so that they arent live...

IE... instead of http: use hxxp:

Last edited by a moderator:
And from what I've seen with grow tents...You get what you pay for :rolleyes:

is that or good or bad thing. so i should get a more expensive 1 is what u r sayng?

You just dont want to buy a cheap one and have a light leak thru the zippers.

Make sure they specify that the zipper is light proof.

so you are tryen to say make sure there are nice flaps on the zippers?
and i have been using hxxp. not tryen to sound snappy just sayen i read the rules.

Kodak, slow your roll buddy.. look around.. think about how many plants you wanna grow at a time.. Read.. ask questions. you got your whole lifetime to grow MJ.. Don't make hasty decesions, The tent you chose is small if you ask me but maybe you just want a few plants.. Go to HTG supply look around on their website.. and good luck.. Hero

KoDak said:
is that or good or bad thing. so i should get a more expensive 1 is what u r sayng?
slow down brother, Yu really don't want to get in a hurry. I understand yer excitement,:ignore: but getting to excited will get yu busted, broke, and/or seriously frustrated. I have been doing this for a year now and I am still working out the kinks, and I have A LOT of money invested in mistakes. Education the hard way can get expensive.:eek: Look up online "access discounts" for lighting, I get my stuff from them, also google "discount hydro". I get a lot of stuff from them as well. Yu will want to start out small since yu are in an apt. try to work out all the bugs b4 trying to grow a whole crop. check on EBAY for used stuff after looking at the stores, be very careful of craigs list as there are boatloads of scammers on that site:doh: The first thing yu need to buy is a good book from amazon on growing Marijuana. I recommend Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Grower's Handbook;) Good luck

Grow tents are a great idea, especially if living in rented accommodation ... easy and quick to put up and even easier and quicker to take down and no need to make modifications to the property. Do not buy a cheap grow tent. As someone already mentioned you'll get light leaks. The more expensive ones have heavy duty zippers too. Opening and closing the tent a few times a day everyday for months/years will take its toll. I bought cheap one few years ago on ebay. Wished I'd spent an extra few quid to begin with and gone with decent one. Having said that I still have and use mine although it had to be patched up and altered a wee bit.

Bought a second 60cm x 60cm "Bud Box" for vegging last year. Spent few quid on that one and it's far more superior.

I own 3 grow tents all bought of eBay and not a problem with any of them....I did do some research on the tents I bought before I bought them.

Brand name tents are better...no way around that. But not all eBay tents suck....I have assembled and broken down 2 of my three tents numerous times and they still work fine. No light leaks, the zippers still work. My larger flower tent has been broken down twice and still works great.
If ya hve the money get the brand name....but don't let the fact that eBay has cheaper prices totally scare you away from them being an option. I paid 99 bucks shipped for each of my smaller tents(2x2x5) and I think 120 for my larger flower tents(4x4x6.5).

We have a tent growers club here if you want to look through the thread it has pics of our members set ups....http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51857&highlight=Tent+growers

You also have to worry about inspections....I just got notified about one in 3 days...:mad:

I hope they dont go in the spare room... :rolleyes:

Secret Jardin(Dark Room II) all the way for tents!! I'm running 2 DR120's, and have a 3x3 flood table in one with 9 girls flowering.

If you set them up right, you can have them very very very quiet and discrete. Fan, filter, light...etc all in the tent so if you get an inspection, they wouldn't think a thing. Call it a portable closet and throw some clothes on top of it, or a blanket, or whatever.

It's all about perception. I've been in grows where you walk in and think it's a normal pad until they reveal the multiple gardens. Create a story, make it believable and be to sure believe it yourself, and NO ONE should have any reason to want to look in your "tent"

Oh and check out Greners dot come for all your quality hydro and grow gear. They have some of the best prices online anywhere and are good cool people.

They would think my tent is a portable closet if there wasnt ducting coming out of it :rolleyes:

A few years ago I bought a tent off ebay and withen a couple months the tent ripped in one corner and the zipper broke. I paid $80 for it so it is true that you get what you pay for. When I bought a new tent last month I got it from HTG Supply and it has been great so far. It is smaller than my old one and it cost me $60 more but its worth it.

thank u everyone. i will continue to read. its just so much info, and word and etc that i dont know what they exactly mean so i get a lil confused. I think i just wna grow 3 four plants at the most at a time. someone said be careful about getting things shipped to ur house? should i really be worried. when i start off, where should i get my seeds? again thank u everyone. I dont mean to nag with all my excitement. Ill calm down a lil. lol

Hamster Lewis said:
I own 3 grow tents all bought of eBay and not a problem with any of them....I did do some research on the tents I bought before I bought them.

Brand name tents are better...no way around that. But not all eBay tents suck....I have assembled and broken down 2 of my three tents numerous times and they still work fine. No light leaks, the zippers still work. My larger flower tent has been broken down twice and still works great.
If ya hve the money get the brand name....but don't let the fact that eBay has cheaper prices totally scare you away from them being an option. I paid 99 bucks shipped for each of my smaller tents(2x2x5) and I think 120 for my larger flower tents(4x4x6.5).

We have a tent growers club here if you want to look through the thread it has pics of our members set ups....http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51857&highlight=Tent+growers

what r some of the brand name tents i should look for. and another thing, if i just plan to grow 3-4 plants what would u say my plant size should b? thanx in advance

Runbyhemp said:
Grow tents are a great idea, especially if living in rented accommodation ... easy and quick to put up and even easier and quicker to take down and no need to make modifications to the property. Do not buy a cheap grow tent. As someone already mentioned you'll get light leaks. The more expensive ones have heavy duty zippers too. Opening and closing the tent a few times a day everyday for months/years will take its toll. I bought cheap one few years ago on ebay. Wished I'd spent an extra few quid to begin with and gone with decent one. Having said that I still have and use mine although it had to be patched up and altered a wee bit.

Bought a second 60cm x 60cm "Bud Box" for vegging last year. Spent few quid on that one and it's far more superior.

i dont know what the veg and flowering and etc.. all mean just yet. how many tents should i get starting out and soon after when will i need more for flowering n veg?

kodak before you buy anything i think you should read ALOT more so u dont waste your money. everything that you need to know is covered here. but realy dont buy anything tell u know what veg and flower and such are. not tryen to be mean but read up and it will never end you will always learn more. but go read the stickys and you should learn quite a bit

Latest posts

Back