growing indoors for the first time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
well this is my first try at growing indoors and I love it so far. My plants are about three weeks old and some of them look pretty good, to me anyways they do. Its definitly a learning process. I have twelve plants going right now that are all just seeds from some bag weed and I just started one afghani seed. These plants are almost three weeks old but they lost a weeks worth of growth because my grow closet got up to 95 degrees and it burned some of the leaves off and stunted their growth. They have snapped out of there shock and the past few days they have been doing great. Tomorrow Im putting nine or ten of them outside and probably keeping three for inside. This is my first indoor grow so any comments or advise would be great. Ill update with new pictures every week.

P1000292.JPG

P1000291.JPG

P1000290.JPG

P1000289.JPG

P1000288.JPG

P1000287.JPG

P1000286.JPG

P1000285.JPG

P1000284.JPG

my pictures didnt work. can somebody help me please. I went to the yellow butten thingy and it asks for a url but i have no idea how to get a url. do i have to add them to a websit like photo bucket or can i just add them from my my documents section?

Here are some new pics of two of the plants at three and a half weeks old. They look great so far but im very nervous about leaving them with a friend for a week while i go on vacation. Hopefully she doesnt kill them and I will have some new pics to post in ten days.

P1000308.JPG

P1000307.JPG

P1000306.JPG

P1000305.JPG

P1000304.JPG

That house next door to you sure has a good view of your plants. Having them in the window is being pretty obvious isn't it?

i just put them there for the picture. I have them under lights

Wheeewwww, I'm glad man. I could just see you on "cops".

I hope your friend takes good care of them for you.

Good luck!

Wheeewwww, I'm glad man. I could just see you on "cops".
LOL!!!
Here are some new pics of two of the plants at three and a half weeks old. They look great so far but im very nervous about leaving them with a friend for a week while i go on vacation. Hopefully she doesnt kill them and I will have some new pics to post in ten days.
Everything looks good. They are nice and compact. Good luck man and may they all be female!

So ive been feeding my plants fox farms grow big for around two weeks now and one loves it and the other started to get some nute burn. I caught it before it got bad and stopped the nutes. So on the last two waters I gave the burnt one just water and it snapped right out of it and is looking good again. And the other plant is doing much better and has started to grow secondary leaves and branches off of the main nods (not sure what the correct name for that is). And my afghani is getting bigger and looking good. Five days old, I think. Cant wait to flower these girls!!!!!

P1000312.JPG

P1000310.JPG

P1000309.JPG

P1000315.JPG

I would definitely mylar up those walls if I were you

im going to be moving in a month or two so im not going to do anything to the grow closet. It is way too small. I put one plant into flower two days ago and the plant is now wider than the closet. I just gave it its first dose of fox farm tiger bloom and big bloom yesterday. Im praying that its a female. I think it is but not a hundred percent sure though. I broke my camera so I dont have any pictures but I can say they are about ten times as bushy as in the previous pictures. I went away on vacation for a week and the tiny little afghani I had grew 11 inches in seven days!!!!!!!!! Thats what fox farms grow big does. I couldnt believe it. I was looking all around my apartment, in the cupboards, the bathroom and everywhere for my afghani because I didnt relealize that the 13 inch plant in front of me was the afghani. It grew a lot of leaves and three new nods in that week. But the girl that was watching my plants messed with the lights and one came loose and fell on one of the plants. I came home and the light was laying on top of my plant. Just a few crispy fried leaves nothing too bad. Hopefully I will have a new camera in the next week and I will post some new pics.

im using a 400 hps for flowering and two small floro lights. I think the floros are like 42 watts each. Ive got two plants in flowering and two in veg. I know the floros arent much but I keep my plants really small cause my closets are tiny and it works.

The first pic is of my ak48 and its about two weeks old. I accidently left it in the closet when i started flowering my other plant so it has been on 12/12 since day one.
Pics 2,3,4 are of my bagseed plant that I put into flower seven days ago. Its a female!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pic six is of another bagseed plant that is about six weeks old. And pics 7 and 8 are my afghani plant that is about a month old.

I am flowering under a 400 watt hps and veging under three small floros. I am using fox farm grow big for veg and fox farm tiger bloom and big bloom for flowering. The soil is Pro Mix and it works great. I have never heard of anyone on here using it but all the local growers use it.

IM000100.JPG

IM000101.JPG

IM000102.JPG

IM000103.JPG

IM000104.JPG

IM000105.JPG

IM000106.JPG

IM000107.JPG

IM000109.JPG

thanks bbp. My camera broke so now i have this junk camera and that is why the pictures are so bad. They look much better in person. The plant that is in picture six is always droopy and i dont know why. i have it on the same water schedule as the afghani the afghani is always very perky. Anybody got any guesses why its droopy? It is very healthy other than that. And i hope i get a nice yeild too.

Sometimes diff plants like diff things. Try giving her a lil less or a lil more water than the AF. Put your finger 2 inches deep into the soil. If it's dry then it's time to water.

I always do the finger two-inch deep thing and thats how i judge when to water them. The two plants allways seem to need water at the same time. Maybe that plant just likes less water than the afghani. So how much did you yeild off of your ak48? Mine had no veg period but i dont care cause this is a good experiment for me.

I started flower at around 6 inches and yielded a lil under an oz off of a 2 1/2ft(maybe a lil bigger) plant.

Pics 1, 3, 4, and 5 are all pics of my bagseed plant that is fourteen days into flower. My camera sucks but the buds are great. Im so excited that they will just get bigger and bigger over the next six weeks. I think they are going to be huge buds. I hope.

Pic number two is the whole family posing together. Arent they great? From left to right: Bagseed plant, Afghani which is two days into flower, another bagseed plant that is two days into flower, Then the blueberry clone that is still in veg, and the last one is the ak48 which started in flower and is about two weeks old i think.

IM000122.JPG

IM000123.JPG

IM000124.JPG

IM000116.JPG

IM000117.JPG

Just found out that my afghani is a female!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes three out of five females. Im just waiting on the ak48 and a bagseed plant to show their sex. Im praying for five females but I am going to be screwed in another week when they go through the growth spurt. My closets are small and they are going to be really cramped together.

Latest posts

Back