Growing with Tomcat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had good luck getting purple varieties to ‘purple up’ by keeping the tent on the cool side during the last few weeks of bloom(others have said that is what promotes good color-not my idea). My tent would get into the low to mid 60’s with lights out. Nice looking work by the way. You have things dialed in nicely. I have grown Mimosa which has Purple Punch genetics in it. Very nice smoke.

I have had good luck getting purple varieties to ‘purple up’ by keeping the tent on the cool side during the last few weeks of bloom(others have said that is what promotes good color-not my idea). My tent would get into the low to mid 60’s with lights out. Nice looking work by the way. You have things dialed in nicely. I have grown Mimosa which has Purple Punch genetics in it. Very nice smoke.
I keep my Temps between 70 and 75. Have just gotten lucky with the fades

This is Gorilla Mittens ( GG4 x Pure Michigan) from my buddy Freak Genetics. She is in flower to sex. If she is a girl gonna put in a 3 gallon and take clones. Once rooted flip back to flower.
20220404_084019.jpg
20220404_084009.jpg
20220404_084000.jpg

Hummmm, never tried that before and i have a huge Aloe Vera plant at my disposal. Learn something new every day.

Cloning Cannabis With Aloe – Why It Works And How To Do It - Herbies (herbiesheadshop.com)

Aloe vera is a powerful, organic alternative to synthetic cloning solutions. The chemical makeup of aloe vera gel includes saponin, a natural wetting agent, and it’s also packed with enzymes and amino acids that help plants root more successfully.

Last edited:
Hummmm, never tried that before and i have a huge Aloe Vera plant at my disposal. Learn something new every day.

Aloe vera is a powerful, organic alternative to synthetic cloning solutions. The chemical makeup of aloe vera gel includes saponin, a natural wetting agent, and it’s also packed with enzymes and amino acids that help plants root more successfully.
Oh yea I love it

Yes tried this my first time on clones and have been using it since. You have to blender your aloe meat first put a little down the hole and on your stem, no scaring needed. The root riots work really nice. Tried them with my last clones every one rooted up nice And much cleaner than in peat pots which I used the first couple rounds

Yes tried this my first time on clones and have been using it since. You have to blender your aloe meat first put a little down the hole and on your stem, no scaring needed. The root riots work really nice. Tried them with my last clones every one rooted up nice And much cleaner than in peat pots which I used the first couple rounds
I don't blend. Just dip the stem I'm the Aloe leaf for a couple minutes

This guy says its a myth. Says and shows on the video that the plant will do it all on its on just as good.

I’ve tried rooting in a glass of water with extras I had. I think they would live forever in the water beautiful and green but no roots even after two months. Never tried just slipping on in the root riot with nothing but my guess it would work. Those root riots really hug up good to even the tiniest of clones.

I made a spray setup. It's just a plastic storage box with holes cut in the top to fit the little foam inserts with a PVC rack that has the little spray nozzles in it hooked to a cheap Harbor Freight water pump on a timer. Straight well water, too.

Have a question for you guys, like i said before I am doing my first actual pheno hunt of my own strain. Would you all grow them out in 1 gallons and take cuts or move to 3 gallon and take cuts?

Latest posts

Back