growroom question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedutchmaster3

Pot smoker extraordinaire
Reaction score
i am setting up a growroom and i need some advice...i have a closet that is 42 inches wide and 20 inches deep...about 8 ft tall...if i did my calculations right that means i have 7 square feet of grow space...and if i did them wrong i have 5.8 square feet...either way i need to know if this will be enough room for 6-7 plants...any help is much appreciated

you've got 5.8 sq ft.
you could fit 6 plants in there, and theyll each get almost a square ft. but it might get a little cramped.

what strain are you gonna grow?

what kind of light?

im planning on growing white widow and sour diesel...i mean the closet would be easiest for stealth but im pretty adamant about 6-7 plants so i might need to build my own box...im gona use a 600 watt hps/mh light

a 600 is sufficint lighting for twice that space. And 6 or 7 plants won't be so cramped..;)

hick is right, a 600w would be enough actually for almost 3 rooms that size.

a 600w puts out around 90,000 lumens, so for a 5.8 sq ft room that would be 15,517 lumens per sq ft, divided that by 3 rooms and you still have over 5000 lumens per sq ft, still enough to flower.

thanks guys...after thinking it through and burning some more brain cells i decided that i will build a closet...its going to be 3x3x7 so i will have 9 square feet and it wont be too bulky...that way i have enough room to start 10 plants..and hopefully flower at least 6

what type of closet are you building? any updates on this front?

Latest posts

Back