Guess Remaining Days till Harvest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaiant

Reaction score
Well this is my first indoor grow still working with it but getting closer to the harvest. I've been logging the details in my note pad and have that paper would be the better option not having to do this on my phone it's easy to loose the detail and dates on the note pad with having to scroll back and fourth a lot. I have 4 plants all of which are clones purchased at the dispensary (Libert Haze.). At some point I began thinking HAZE and that equals longer flower time and have read it on the Web to take anywhere from 9-12 weeks. Well I'm closer than that I'm guessing a little over 2 weeks away from now. The plants are showing it so I looked up the the strain on Barney's site today and yup, 8-9 weeks to finish and this is a 50/50 sativa, indica strain. I'm aware the finish time can vary so I pulled a couple of the lower buds today to take a closer look and here is what I've got. I'm actually nearing the end of the 4th week with pistols showing red on lower buds.

View attachment image.jpg

Need a better pic. But looks like it has more time to work. IMHO.Its more about the trichs than pistils when judging ripeness,try for a clear pic of your trichs. :aok: looking good!4 to 5 weeks?

What did you use to take the first picture with?

I used a small camera but hard to hold really still. I read where breeders flower is probably the min where I should probably expect longer? I guess would dictate grown by experts and under optimum conditions. I'm looking at the buds tonight and the pistols don't looks as white as when under brighter lighting.

Thats what i thought cam was shaking in first pic.imo missing a little late is better than missing to early.

i would guess, 5-6 weeks. never had strains that finished sooner than 9 weeks and 10 weeks is average. it may vary also with taste, some people would like it more ripe than others

You are far more than 2 weeks away. And it could be that the Barney's is the only one that finishes that fast. Hazes I havbe seen take about 10-12 weeks. The color of the pistils has nothing at all to do with whether the plant is close or not. From the look of the bud, I also would say that you have another 5-6 weeks. There really is not much bud development--they will get a lot bigger and bulkier. Do not rush the harvest. The plants put on a lot of their bulk and weight in the final couple of weeks. However, the only real way to tell is by examining the trichs with a scope that is at least 30x. But, like mentioned, you really do have a long way to go. Can we get a pic of the entire plant?

You are far more than 2 weeks away. And it could be that the Barney's is the only one that finishes that fast. Hazes I havbe seen take about 10-12 weeks. The color of the pistils has nothing at all to do with whether the plant is close or not. From the look of the bud, I also would say that you have another 5-6 weeks. There really is not much bud development--they will get a lot bigger and bulkier. Do not rush the harvest. The plants put on a lot of their bulk and weight in the final couple of weeks. However, the only real way to tell is by examining the trichs with a scope that is at least 30x. But, like mentioned, you really do have a long way to go. Can we get a pic of the entire plant?

Thanks, that helps I'm going to be wanting to time my flush in the future but these are good opinions and very helpful. The two lower buds I pulled are really sticky getting excited.

don't go starving your plant before it is completely ready. if you insist on flushing, do it for only few days, i would say 5 max. but then again, flushing is not necessary. this flush or not debate has caused massive debates wars and conflicts in the mj world lol

I agree with Zem, I've flushed and not flushed, the only difference I noticed was when I flushed my harvest was smaller. They pack on the most weight in the final weeks, IMO it's starving the plants and affecting yields. Either way I've never had taste differences. It tasted the same either way! Good luck looking good at 5 weeks!

Into the 6th week now I can't image going any longer than 9 weeks but I'm going to be watching the Trichs colors closely. I agree with the not to overdue the flush strategies I gotta give the girls what they need to finish out. So thought I'd compromise with just H2O Ph 6.5 every other watering. I watered today and the smell is compelling the buds are getting stickier with lots of resin.

Again let's say I'm two weeks out should I stop applying N or just keep the dose low? And with the P&K should I continue that at recommended dosage? I'm using GH 3 part nutes does anyone use Beastie late in flower and how often? I don't want to push them I've used the Beastie a couple of times. I've also lowered my N but still applying it along with other nutes every other watering.

I'vJust gave em H2O this morning they were thirstye read where some growers turn the lights out when ready to harvest and leave the plants in the dark for 48 hours before the chop? Do any of you folks do this and do you think it's worth doing? My guess is it doesn't help much but I've not tried it.

Just gave em H2O this morning they were thirsty

You should not be giving any N at this stage I usually stop N at week 4-5 on a 9 week strain

Into the 6th week now I can't image going any longer than 9 weeks but I'm going to be watching the Trichs colors closely. I agree with the not to overdue the flush strategies I gotta give the girls what they need to finish out. So thought I'd compromise with just H2O Ph 6.5 every other watering. I watered today and the smell is compelling the buds are getting stickier with lots of resin.

Again let's say I'm two weeks out should I stop applying N or just keep the dose low? And with the P&K should I continue that at recommended dosage? I'm using GH 3 part nutes does anyone use Beastie late in flower and how often? I don't want to push them I've used the Beastie a couple of times. I've also lowered my N but still applying it along with other nutes every other watering.

I'vJust gave em H2O this morning they were thirstye read where some growers turn the lights out when ready to harvest and leave the plants in the dark for 48 hours before the chop? Do any of you folks do this and do you think it's worth doing? My guess is it doesn't help much but I've not tried it.

Just gave em H2O this morning they were thirsty

Looking good. Like THG says...kush takes 10-12 weeks.

7 weeks today and still need a good microscope but I took this pic this morning and is somewhat representative for gauging harvest. This is a top sugar leaf and shows more amber I'm getting close it seems and will check them again at 8 weeks just trying to get it right because the couch lock isn't my fav stone I like the more energetic buzz. I'm am wondering though if it's a pheno thing for the flower to harvest earlier than expected? The breeder says 8-9 weeks and I picked these up as clones.

it seems to me like your breeder is giving you quite accurate estimations on flowering time! these look like ripe trichs to me

it seems to me like your breeder is giving you quite accurate estimations on flowering time! these look like ripe trichs to me

Zem do you thing I should hold off a week? My feeling is I'm really close and will get more amber quick. For me this being my first grow I'd surely like to nail it but maybe another week won't hurt much? I gotta pick up a good microscope but after the first of the month and it will be too late then. My feeling is the LED has helped move the girls along a little sooner. Thinking I'll go ahead and chop em in the morning.

i cannot judge from one pic, but if you check saples from different places on the plant and get similar results, then i guess that you are safe to harvest. but then again, at week 7, it's crazy early. how did you count flowering days? from beginning of 12/12 photoperiod or from first flower appearance?

If that is an accurate pic and it appears to be, you can go ahead and chop imo, if you wanna do a little experimenting take some of the plant now and some in a week. Jmo.

i cannot judge from one pic, but if you check saples from different places on the plant and get similar results, then i guess that you are safe to harvest. but then again, at week 7, it's crazy early. how did you count flowering days? from beginning of 12/12 photoperiod or from first flower appearance?

Funny you should ask that I just checked out your journal then went back and counted my days I'm at 90 days today. Guess I should have been going by total days makes sense. I counted flowering days from the flip. I started out using a 600 HPS and after a week put up my LED 750. I just fliped 6 girls using 2 1k lights and plan to leave them under the 2k till finish.

Latest posts

Back