harvest in sections

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juice meat

Reaction score
is it ok to cut different branches that have buds that are ready, even though the majority of the buds will still need several days?
will it stress the plant or harm the other buds in any way?

im tryin this right now on a plant, so far the only thing i've noticed is the recovery time, after i removed the top 1/3 of the plant it took several days before i seen any new bud growth on the lower 2/3. now this is just what i've experianced so far. results may vary im sure.

Another good method is to harvest the top half of your plants then lower your lights to allow the lower bud sites to develop. Seen it done on seemorebuds videos and it appears to work quite well.

One Love
Tater

So I could go lets say 3/4 way up and cut the main stock and it wont harm the plant? And I can get larger buds from the bottom?

Thats the idea as I understand it. I would expect the plant to shock but not to bad, you should only need to leave the light on for another week or so as I understand it, I would really watch for hermies though that late in the plants cycle unless you know you are dealing with a true female plant.

I do this all the time, because IME when the upper buds are ripe, the lower buds still need more time. And if I wait to harvest until the lower buds are ripe, the upper buds will be over-ripe.

Harvesting bud by bud makes total sense to me since not all apples on the same tree will be ripe at the same time. So I often do this and if the plant gets stressed, I have not noticed it. I try to surgically remove only the bud itself and leave as many leaves as possible to keep any stress to a minimum.

Latest posts

Back