Harvested and Dried, low yield?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyTwoTokes

Reaction score
Ok this is my first indoor grow. Ive had plants on my balcony in the sun in the northern hemisphere that were only 3 1/2 - 4 foot tall that produced 4 ounces per plant. I know you cant compare the sun to lights, but am I doing something wrong? Or was my Yield pretty much the best I could get with this set up?

I have a 3 foot wide by 6 foot long space. I used a 600w MH for veg and a 6003 HPS for flowering utilizing a digital ballast. I used the bulbs that came with the unit which were cheap no frills made in china grow bulbs which maybe my first part of the problem? Some people say it shouldnt matter that much? You tell me. The strain is super silver. I had 2 plants. One was 45 inches tall at the end and the other was 56 inches tall. The shorter one gave me 50 grams, the taller one gave me 70. Is this normal? Any advice on where I may have went wrong or anything? It was grown in store bought so called organic soil that had no animal byproducts and no municipal waste added. I fed it a lot of nutrients using the general organics complete grow line. the short plant was very good dark green leaved, the tall one looked a little more light green and possibly slightly nutrient deficient and yellowed earlier. The well water I used was very high in alkaline so I used ph down to drop it to around 6.0 but it wasnt accurate as I used the test tube and liquid drops to test and dont have a PH/PPM meter yet. Any info would be appreciated.

Yur yield be product of yur experience to the indoor grow pilgrem. Yual said it be yur first go at it and ifin I may say the information yual be givin is just part the aquasion. So many factors like temps, feedings, air exchange, desease, strain generarics and many others yual couldnt be tellin us could have played factor in yur yield. All I can says is ifin yual started from scratch with what yaul did this time and ran it through the wash gain yual just might find yual get better second time round and then again bet it gets even better. Point be makin pilgrem is we could never realy tells ya ifin it could have been better without being actual part of yur supervisory team only yual can fill that roll. Keep it going, keep on edumacatin yurself and keep gettin better yields ;)

Much luck your journey friend yual will just do better and better as yual perfect yur indoor skills. Heck at least yual filled yur pouch first time to go I didnt ;)

BWD

There is a learning curve when it comes to growing indoors organics.
It may take a couple of grows to increase your yield to what you feel comfortable with as it being maxed out. Dial your grow in.

I use the General Organics Cal/Mg but that is all from GO. Have read a few successes using GO, but most stated decreased yields unless they ran it higher then suggested.

Your high alkaline well water may also be the source of your decreased yields.
If high in Cal and/or Mg, and/or Sulfur or many others, could be causing a lock-up of other nutes.

Are you able to filter the water with charcoal prior to using?
Can you have your health department or similar department test your water to see whats in it? If not get a TDS/EC/ppm meter to see how high your TDS/EC/ppm is.

Yeah what everyone has said so far is right. There is certainly a learning curve for growing indoors. First thing is that you are underlit by a bit. By the numbers, you are hitting the bare minimum of 5000 lumens per sqft, however, your space is long so I would recommend adding another 600wHPS and space them apart enough so that the plants get hit with lots of lumens from 2 different directions. I have a 4x4 tent that I use 2 600s in and I just pulled about 620grams on my last harvest from that tent(but it is also in hydro).

Another thing which is critical is ventilation. This is critical because it not only removes the heat that builds up from the lights, but it also is important for bringing in fresh co2 for the plants to breathe.

Also important for organic growing(you may already know this) is to have extra microbes added to the soil to help make nutrients available to the plants on a constant basis.

GO is notoriously weak...I got the complete line for free a couple years ago and noticed how weak it was. You also mentioned you were dropping your ph to 6 and you are growing in soil? I would think that ph is way to low. I ph everything to 6.5 using an actual meter for accuracy. I have never grown Super Silver but it might have had something to do with your low yields. I also agree with Hush that you are both under lit and in a space that could benefit from running 2 lights. I grow in a 4x4 space and use both a 600w HPS as well as a 400w and usually pull around 3 ounces a plant in 1 gallon pots using GH 3 part. Jmo

I have a buddy that uses the GO nutes and he doesn't get half as much yield as he could get, but he is seeing improvement from what he used to get so he's afraid to change what he's doing.

Latest posts

Back