has any 1 ever cloned a auto?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mybad

Reaction score
before all u guys say i am laim ,i do understand most post say no clone on auto is possable,
but i am 1 who if i did have it id still try:hubba:
just wonder if any 1 who like me still wanted to try and can confirm that it is not possable,or if maybee some 1 stumbled upon a way and would share the experience to a noob like me, ty in advance

no,i havnt,.. but i often wondered if it could just be(shot in the dark ) possible ,,:rolleyes:,but im sure it would of been documented on here or somewhere on the internet ,if it had been succesful ,,
but with the short lifespan of the autos i doubt it :peace:

I am sure it is possible, but since there is no way to VEG an auto plant, there would be no point. If you plant an auto femmed seed, and grow it in great conditions, let's just say for theoritical sake this plant would yield 2 ounces. If you clone this plant into say 3 plants total, you would end up with 3 plants that produced bud, but there is now way to get more than 2 ounces total and you would almost certainly get less. The reason being that even while your cuttings are trying to establish roots, they are still in their limited time frame of lifespan. Instead of devoting it's limited lifespan to growing buds it will be trying to grow new roots. In other words if your auto seed has a life span of roughly 60 days, even clones taken from that plant would be finished at 60 days, but they would have wasted part of that time growing roots.
This is just my opinion, I am not positive this is the case but I believe it to be so.

I've ordered a couple auto strains and studied up on them as much as possible over the net...pretty much they say that you cant clone them but I was thinking of some auto strains that dont auto like after 2 weeks to 8 weeks give or take some....then they begin to flower...I don't know nothing about cloning but couldn't a pertson get some stems to clone off a later flowering auto?

im sure it could be done but the same points still apply. You would be cutting your potential yield and simply holding more plants in a potential bust. If you can grow one seed in 60 days and produce 2 ounces, why chop it up into a bunch of smaller plants and get less bud? It just doesn't make sense. You can not take clones continuously over time, it would not work like that. If you clone a plant in flower, you can make it REVEG, but you cant do that with an auto. So you would have to clone the auto while it was still very small, but again all you are doing is cutting your potential yield.
The point is it would just not make sense to try even if it could be done.

thank you...thats what I wondered about also...I agree....tks

i too said an auto could be cloned and still believe it can be done.

but for what reason it just doesnt add up so much so that its a waste of time.

skallie

An auto lives for roughly 70 days.

21 days to show sex.

15 more days to get bushy enough to take good cuttings.

20 days to create a decent root structure.

Leaving 14 days left of its life.

IMO total waste of time trying to clone an Auto.

1 seed = 1 plant.

:peace:

I think Chevy tried to do a Ford at one point but the damn thing came out looking like a DeSoto??????

Best of luck, DC.

Latest posts

Back