has anyone used marijuana to suppress thoughts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullcandy

Reaction score
have you used or heard of anyone that uses or has used t herb to help forget thing that can make them unstable or cry like babys cause they don.t like wwhat they have remembered, for example bad car accidents if a person did not want to forget about the there crash , but did not want to remember it as in it replaying in there mind basicly reliving it over in there head ,

anyone here here have that experience does mj help you or hurt you by bringing back thoses thoughts .

I haven't been in that exact situation, but I hear it is helpful for ptsd and that sounds like what you may have. You probably need to talk about it to people... I know i am prejudice, but I don't think marijuana would harm you in anyway. Maybe your reliving it is part of the healing.
Good luck and maybe you should talk about what happened to a professional instead of stoner rosebud. Best wishes.

well the stoner is the pro at mj if you ask me why might you ask . i say because i know of no pro doc shrink that has these problems them went and got stone to see if it helpped them but i do have faith in the stonner that did even though that stoner did not studie to be a pro . ty rosebud

I have to say yes from a personal view on this. Not gonna get into it all as I do my best to forget. Feel free to read thru the PTSD thread in my sig on here

Shock treatment erases your short-term memory. That's why it's supposed to relieve depression: you forget about what was bothering you. (I forgot where the dining room was and I had long stays in that Institution several times before. It didn't work for me and I had it 16x in one Summer. Never try that again...)

no thanks i been schocked before did not like it much

Not shocks. Its lights. Electra Magnetic Desensitization Reprocessing. Used for PTSD.

imo---glass handle style bottle of jim beam or stoli---u choose---a bag of ur finest ganja---go on a bender---stay close to home or u be sure to create new problems to take ur mind off the ones u be lingering on now

I use :joint: to kill the thought of needing :joint:

i also like the bud light and a bowl. now and then. at the moment the herb i got has been helpping me relive my tucked away thoughts in a way that just plan bugs ask me why do i keep smoking it huh not sure. i do not like flashbacks with the awful thoughts they give me . but i think to myself if i could remember it all then maybe i could learn to live with myself instead of hideing from it so far its hard i don't know if i can handle it today my boy drove me into town and i was freaking out with him just driving normal i thought i was gonna have a heart attack. it reall sucked to be that scared cause of an insident that happened so long ago . :holysheep:

im no psychologist but try to live by the past is the past and learn from it and move on---water under the bridge---cant undo it so live with it---embrace it---come to terms with it---what doesnt kill ya is supposed to make u stronger---crazy is if u keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result---take what u learn from ur experiences and apply them to ur future cause u cant change the past

u might consider seeking some professional help to tap into the tools to help u deal with ur issue cause there is no need to be carrying around that extra baggage for anyone---paranoia can be a killer---if u allow it

i totally support mental health---there are sliding scales for fees and in some cases free services available thru local health clinics and universities thru out the united states---catch phrase today is post tramatic stress syndrome---doesnt only apply to stresses of our returning military but everyday people coping with normal life stresses---if u check into it---u may find some relief :D

I still say,,,Cold Bud Light and a Bowl. :48:
Life is full of Chapters,,some that were great,some ya want to forget,,some ya cant remember,,and some yur not sure even happened. But either way,,life goes on. Make a great new Chapter Skull and enjoy your life.

No. Never.

If I have thoughts that need to be suppressed, I address them and move on with my life.

Hey Effen. Arnt you the one that had the Fire Crackers?? Those things are killer.

First way to "supress" thoughts is to first confront them... understand more...and then move past and FORWARD.

Dont dwell on the past.

thinking of the past, prior events- what ifs-even grieving- etc has to be handled and not "put away".

Confronting the person,issue, situation..thinking it through/not blaming yourself/understanding it was out of your hands ...etc is the best way to get past something (baby steps) and beginning to move past and move forward.

trying to put it away or forget about it can make you weak later when handling it or trying to understand it now and then go forward, will probably help in the long run.

be strong and smoking never hurt my feelings...only helped.

Talk about it...either outloud to yoursekf or to a friend- thats a start! :)

:bong:

Latest posts

Back