Has Anyone Used Soil Cubes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

I am going to be starting a bunch of vegetable and flower seeds indoors this year. I just came across mention of using soil cubes to start seeds. Does anyone else use and make soil cubes for starting seeds? I think I am going to experiment with making one out of 2" PVC and see how it works. If I like it, I am going to order some PVC square tubing and make square ones.

hXXp://www.soilcube.com/index.html

I would just put them in seed trays and use promix -- my niece has a huge, green house where she makes vegetable seeds for a living. She starts her seeds in promix in seed trays with great success.

Square PVC? I've never even seen any -- kinda nice to know :)

Peace

The down spouts for house gutters is Square PVC...4x4

I agree with Hemper...just use a tray..Please keep us posted my Lady

:48:

The reasoning behind the cubes made from soil is no transplant shock. That and they are virtually free to make.

I have quite a few trays and will be planting in them, but was just curious if anyone had tried making soil cubes. I will most likely make a few and see how they work out. I am always up for better less expensive ways to do things.

It should be interesting.

Checked out the web site, seems simple enough, but like they said it may take a bit of practice to get the feel for it.

Post up a diy THG if you make one:)

interesting---imo a 3" piece of pvc pipe seems a better DIY choice---possibly add some straw, alfalfa and/or soy meal to the mix as a binder---i would fear they be falling apart without it---still using rockwool cubes here

caulking gun could be used to compress smaller ones---piece of wire to cut them to size

two wood blocks, two thick screws, two wing nuts, press your own by twisting the wing nut then put in a wooden fork to hold it together. I like the straw for binding!

Latest posts

Back