Hash ?'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have read a ton it, watched numberous vids on how to make it, and know that you can use the trimmings of a male/female/hermi. I am with the understanding that using just female trimmings as well at the popcorn nugs and any other buds leftover is best.

What has me stumped is this, see, I do understand that with the leaves you can extract the crystals from it, but freezing the broken up trim...what exactly would I be extracting from it???

I understand that in most (not all) cases the excess trim is used for making cannabis oil, but for hash.....I don't know about that one.

Any advice would be greatly apprietiated,

BW

freezing trim allows the glands to break free from the the veggie matter better. Not only for water extraction but also for kief hashish.Talk to you laters.Peace

HMAN said:
:yeahthat: :goodposting: Hash is nothing more than the tricombs of the MJ that have been collected and pressed together..... To extract them, they must be present on the plant. By freezing the trim, you make extraction easier. They tend to 'snap' off when cold or frozen, thats why you use ice when making "bubble hash".

Well Hman, I kinda figured that lol. I didn't know whether or not it was worthwhile to chop up the branches fine for better extraction, or if in fact I would just be smoking the the branches......extracting nothing in the process......

total noob with this (as you can see) lol,

Thanks for all responses,

BW

two things that I have found increases the yeild slightly, but degrades the quality slightly also, is useing very "dry" material, and grinding it up too fine. Both allow for more vegetative contamination.
IME, I get the highest quality from fresh frozen material. But.. the yeild suffers slightly.

im sure you've read about iso...very easy,very potent. i only made reg. hash once(without bags) by siphoning off water and it was very good but wasteful. got a little over a gram from an ounce of trim. same trim woulda gave me about 3-4 grams of oil;)

I once was an oil lover, I even used to have a homemade still that recovered my iso.
...and since purchasing my bags, I doubt that I will ever mess with iso oil again

Latest posts

Back