Have a Question? Post it here and i will answer it. On from 8am-5pm Mon-Fri Cen time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ArtVandolay, just from looks they appear a bit overwatered, noted by the droop and yellowing.

Larnek said:
ArtVandolay, just from looks they appear a bit overwatered, noted by the droop and yellowing.

Thanks! It's possible, I have so much air circulating in there it seems to dry our pretty quickly. I'll try backing off the watering. But the size looks about right for 19 days?

Sorry Timmy for Hijacking... but you prolly recouping.

Art, is that 19 days from starting Germ, or from putting in media or from the emersion of foilage...For 19 days they seem a bit small to me, but I am a Hydro man and have not started any plants from seed in a year or so.

Einstein had it right...... It's all relative..... we need a point where you started counting days :) .

CasualGrower said:
Sorry Timmy for Hijacking... but you prolly recouping.

Art, is that 19 days from starting Germ, or from putting in media or from the emersion of foilage...For 19 days they seem a bit small to me, but I am a Hydro man and have not started any plants from seed in a year or so.

Einstein had it right...... It's all realative..... we need a point where you started counting days :) .

From germination Well, I mean when they popped their little heads out of the soil.

CasualGrower said:
As i said.. seems a lil small... but it looks good.. could just be a slow starter...... Give her some love and it should be OK.....
Thanks, I really appreciate it! If they're supposed to be, say, 6 inches high by now, I was just going to scrap them.

As I've documented elsewhere in this forum, I live in tropical climate where ambient air temps reach 94-96 during the day (which is why I veg during the 18 "coolest" hours of the day). I can only cool the CFLs to 4-6 degrees over ambient, which means the temp reaches 100+ for short periods of time and always in the 90s. If I go for air conditioned air, my wife will make me into a one-armed grower. I'm just looking for a modest crop!

Thanks again, CG.

Tropicazl climate eh.. that is not a bad thing..... Temps a lil high but heh... Mexico grows a whole load of weed in nothing more than dirt and high temps and minimal care...... You should be fine there.......Most of us on here when we start talking about using CO2 and other stuff are trying to maximize growth in a very limited growspace using the best of all worlds.......

Most of us grow a few plants for personal use and try to maximize from that...... I wish I had a tropical climate year round..... 12-13 hour days.... hot sun and ocean breeze nights...Perfect for growing......

OK.. What was I trying to say...... I got side tracked.... I must be baked heh.....

As a newbie, I wanted to see what books or media you guys might recommend for me to get started with the latest basics?

I'm a quick learner, but have been out so long the science has me at the bottom of the learning curve...

I need to get the basics with modern methods and science. Any input is greatly apreciated...

TIA!

Two really frickin' STUPID questions...

* In Kalifornia what is the typical cost to operate a 1Kw HPS 12/12?

* If not cloning, what's the average yield on a straight run plant, approx? Just ballpark is all I be asking.

OK, I know...stupid typical basic questions..I searched and couldn't find the answers. Promise I won't post again until I have more kowledge...:D

Dave

sup mayn.. first time grower here..do you think theres anyway to make a convienent closet growing sytem or growbox.. I ordered some dank strawberry haze and want to make it worthwhile..

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396 <-- literature :) ...
I think there's a "sticky" in the indoor section, or lights to a 'cost useage' calculater for your light.
Look around, read the 'sticky;s" and peruse that link. Most every answer can be found to most any question, quite honestly.

Hope your'e doin' well timmy. 'urry up with the 'recovery' , ehh.. ;)

New_Dude said:
As a newbie, I wanted to see what books or media you guys might recommend for me to get started with the latest basics?

I'm a quick learner, but have been out so long the science has me at the bottom of the learning curve...

I need to get the basics with modern methods and science. Any input is greatly apreciated...

TIA!

Two really frickin' STUPID questions...

* In Kalifornia what is the typical cost to operate a 1Kw HPS 12/12?

* If not cloning, what's the average yield on a straight run plant, approx? Just ballpark is all I be asking.

OK, I know...stupid typical basic questions..I searched and couldn't find the answers. Promise I won't post again until I have more kowledge...:D

Dave

Hey ,Timmy. I drilled out one of those Bong vodka bottles today. Would you carb it or not? If you carbed it, front or back? I was thinking of drilling the carb hole in the middle of the "O" or the "D", but it will be tricky without a drill press. Please advise. bng.jpg

Whats up, Timmy! Remember my autumn fall? I just updated my journal with new flowering pics and they look great, I'm so excited for them! I was wondering what you thought man I haven't seen you stop by in a while :).

Hey guys,

I'm about 6 weeks into flowering. I've read that there are two growth spurts when flowering, the initial, and a second noticeable spurt of growth. Can anyone verify this for me? I'm supposed to harvest in a couple weeks and I dont want to harvest and miss a noticeable boost in my flowers. Also, I haven't been using any nutrients or anything like that up until now, the flowers look great but is there anything I can do to give it an extra boost before harvest? Thanks for any info.

Peace

I have a 1kw hps in a 7' x 2.5' closet. How far should this light be from the top of the girls? These are clones that I just transplanted today into 3gal pots. This is also the first night under the HID, comming from fluos. Im vegging right now at 18/6 and they are about 4" tall.

Don't quote me but I would keep that light a good distance from the plants because they get pretty hot and might dry up some little clones pretty quick if you dont keep an eye on them.

Hello all,

This might sound funny to ask but here goes.... I have this plant bagseed and it is 3 weeks old from germination... I have one of those magnifyer that is 60/100 and I noticed there are 2 very very long black hairs. I have never seen this before. This is my second grow and my first is in its 7 weeks of flowering. Well is this silly or not... Any comments is always welcome and appreciated too

Thank you
Missy:holysheep:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. been a "week" since a reply ... hope timmy's doin' okay.

slowmo77 said:
i haven't seen him on since his surgury last week. i hope everything went ok.

I always had the idea that he was posting from work--the 8-5 Mon-Fri thing and I think he said that in one of his posts. So maybe he is still recouping.

ya i think your right, seems like i remember that post. hopefully he'll be back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back