Heat problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thcwiggs

Reaction score
Hey whats up guys! I am having a problem with heat and I am growing with 600 HPS in a garage storage closet. The Closet have a A/C unit attached on top and with the light on and the A/C on max the average temperature is 85-87. am trying to get it around 75-76 area

lots of people only run their lights in the cooler temperature night time

Have you tried an air cooled reflector?

Welcome to MP:ciao:

No I havent was going to wait till next pay check they not cheap lol

Yea I was thinking about that but didn't know if I change their schedule if it would stress them out

WE could be of more help if we knew your square footage of your room, what type of fans or is it just the a/c? the size of the a/c?

The more info given the more we are able to help:)

I pull the ac in through the vent on the bottom of the tent, left side and pull out the hot air with a cfm fan on the top right side. That seems to suck the hot air out and pulls the cool air up through the plants.

Welcome thcwiggs,
An air-cooled reflector would help. I had heat problems when I had a closet like that-I will be getting an air-cooled here soon.
Are your plant(s) vegging now?

:48:

ODF

pcduck said:
WE could be of more help if we knew your square footage of your room, what type of fans or is it just the a/c? the size of the a/c?

The more info given the more we are able to help:)
OK the room is a closet its about height 8.5 ft, 4ft wide and 3 ft is the depth of the closet

OldDaddyFedder said:
Welcome thcwiggs,
An air-cooled reflector would help. I had heat problems when I had a closet like that-I will be getting an air-cooled here soon.
Are your plant(s) vegging now?

:48:

ODF
Negative sir, they are flowering i Veg in my Grow tent

gourmet said:
I pull the ac in through the vent on the bottom of the tent, left side and pull out the hot air with a cfm fan on the top right side. That seems to suck the hot air out and pulls the cool air up through the plants.
I dont know how to load pictures if I did I will show you thats how I have it setup now

Do you have any kind of exhaust fan set up? I also believe that it is far better to have the cool air coming in from the bottom like Gourmet. But you also need some kind of exhaust fan pulling hot air out the hot. If you are not extracting hot air, the cooled air is basically just circulating in the flowering room and getting warm.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Do you have any kind of exhaust fan set up? I also believe that it is far better to have the cool air coming in from the bottom like Gourmet. But you also need some kind of exhaust fan pulling hot air out the hot. If you are not extracting hot air, the cooled air is basically just circulating in the flowering room and getting warm.
Yes I do I have 2 inline fans one is the exhaust fan and the other is a fan I have in there to pull the cool air from the AC to the plant to keep it cool. If I knew how to post pictures I would show you.

Welcome to MP...you don't want to link anything MJ related to your Facebook brosef. That just makes LEO's job that much easier. If you click the hyper link on the advanced options where it says how to upload pics it should walk you through it.

Hamster Lewis said:
Welcome to MP...you don't want to link anything MJ related to your Facebook brosef. That just makes LEO's job that much easier. If you click the hyper link on the advanced options where it says how to upload pics it should walk you through it.
Thanks a lot man for showing me that I greatly appreciate that.

Here is the setup setup.jpg
[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ac.jpg
    ac.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 62
  • fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 28
Wiggs,
What cfm rating is the exhaust fan?
You need around 96 cfm for that space.