Helicopter Fly Overs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfh0636

Reaction score
Is there a way to make your grow room infared proof so in the event of a fly over there is no way to detect it? I realize that it may sound paranoid or whatever I don't care what reasoning is behind it. lol I just want to know if there is a way and how to do it.

Insulation, and there is a product I have heard of out there but cant remember where I saw it. Dont worry too much if your room is vented and getting enough air... and is not on a massive scale I wouldnt sweat it much. If the top is so hot you can feel real heat on your hand, its probably too hot for your babies to grow! Keep a dead space between the roof and your gro space to dissipate heat. Insulate the ceiling of your roof (if that makes sense). Run fans to transmit heat all about,,,,, lotsa stuff you can do

lots and lots and lots and lots of insulation lol lol:hubba: seriously have no idea but my guess would be insulation to keep the extra heat signature down ... my best guess ....:confused:

Vent your lights into an internal room of your house. Put your grow op in the basement as to avoid the hot roof problems. Use IR Block film on all external walls if your super paranoid, at the least use the IR Block on the windows.\ (if ANY)

By using a basement room your room is insulated by the concrete and dirt. By venting the hot air from the lamps into another internal room in the house, hot air will not escape and your home will have no abnormal heat signature at all.

Just dig a dry well and use 850cfm can fans 1 per 1k light. I have a temp difference of 3-5 degrees on the back side of the hood. the glass registers at 98.9 degrees. My roof is the same temp. everywhere I point my gun.. I use a Snap-on infrared temp finder (the best you can buy.. well for 350.00)
The temp at the dry well top is the same as all the grass around it.

Get ahold of Barry Coopers DVD "Never Get Busted Again."

Barry is an ex-nartcotics agent who turned to our side and released a couple dvds on the tactics cops use. You are talking about FLIR. FLIR (Forward Looking Infrared Radar) cannot see THROUGH anything, only the external heat. If you vent your growroom through your dryer vent, it will only look like you are drying clothes. Its illegal for a cop to use FLIR on your house without a warrent, but they do it every day.

Icynene is a spray expansion foam insulation that covers everything, its like putting a shell around your house. When a radar gun is shot the is no heat signature coming from behind the insulation. I had my house built this way and it is amazing stuff. I don't know if it could be put into an existing house.

here is a link
http://www.icynene.com/

:ccc:The Toker:ccc:

i think thats what it is called, i read about it and made a couple notes.:hubba:

cfh0636 said:
Is there a way to make your grow room infared proof so in the event of a fly over there is no way to detect it? I realize that it may sound paranoid or whatever I don't care what reasoning is behind it. lol I just want to know if there is a way and how to do it.

Ill add, the only way to actually "Infrared proof" it is to eliminate the heat from showing up on the surfaces. Imagine taking an Ice cold soda, and wrapping it in a foil that made the outside feel room temperature, but the soda was still ice cold inside. If you have a foil or a textile that can do that, you have something that might beat infrared.

The only real way to beat infrared is to vent properly. It can cost more, but there's no magic foil that can do it. Vent downward, and concentrate it on the way out. If you have a basement or crawlspace, vent into there. The ground will absorb the heat signature. Otherwise a dryer vent is a fantastic outlet. Yeah, it looks suspicious to be drying clothes 18 hours a day, but cops using it illegally, dont look at a single house for 18 hours. 20-30 minutes tops, and then move on. And thats only if the place seems suspicious for some other reason. otherwise its just a glance.

Another good thing to do is plan your room around rooms that already have heat signatures... if basement grow, hang lights under where hot water heater are on floor above or over laundry room in attic. Kitchen... etc. Any room that already has a heat signature is a good bet to try to blend in with.

I'm extremely confused. Every single household has heat-producing appliances, why would the presence of heat alarm law enforcement?

for real i dont think most people understand that lets say a window ac unit puts out more energy then a 1000 watt grow light and 2 big cooling fans, my lil cheapo ac unit runs 1250 watts, and am able to cool my 600 hps to room temp so yeah like illusion said im confused also.

Concentrated heat that is abnormal to what law enforcement considers normal for a "normal" household. Most heat produced in a "normal" house does not rise to far above or below the rest of the house. When law enforcement flies over and someone is running 4 1,000W MH's and no fans or devices to dissipate that heat, they would view that as abnormal. I run kerosene heaters in the winter, I wonder what they look like on infared.

Its the specifically higher heat signature of a certain area that raises eyebrows I suppose, but since I have never flown a helicopter over houses I couldnt tell you exactly only speculate on previous readings of the subject. I have also read that MJ alone produces a higher heat than other plants and they can detect them outside standing out from other plants. Which makes sense since in order for a plant to grow at rates say "old hippies" outdoor ladies grow energy creates a heat signature.

If you are able to cool or vent the heat signature produced by a light system or some other source that is generating energy and producing heat, you are not showing up from what I know. But if their system is advanced enough, they could see not only the light, but the signature left by each plant growing. That is scary and a waste of my tax dollars IMHO.

I think if you have a small personal operation going you have nothing to worry about, it is the wharehouse grows they are after.

the signature left by each plant growing ughhh where did you read this i want to read exact website. first off cops cant use infared cameras to detect grow houses it was decided in court its unlawful or something, second that ouwld mean they could use it to find outdoor gardens and i dont think infared works for outdoor plants. i thnk its the heat from the ballast lights and outtake they pick up when they "use" infared.

I saw it on the news. The helicopters use this infrared night vision stuff, they can see through houses. If theres a ton of heat in one room, the room will glow, they can see bodies as well, their cameras tell the difference in heat signatures. You can use IR block from almost any hydro dealer, it blocks the heat and camera equipment from being detected. I looked into it once and it was like a $ thousand or two for a small bedroom.

I agree 100% on the legalities of it all. I heard a long time ago that MJ puts out more heat than other plants growing in a northern hemisphere do. I will see what I can find about the subject... I would love to debunk it as I have always sweated every time I hear a helicopter and have outdoor ladies going. EVEN the few that I grow. ANYONE got any more info on heat and ur plant? Anyway, I think the jist of this whole thread comes down to proper ventilation and climate control to match the rest of the household and not looking abnormal is the best answer.

420FREEDOM said:
I saw it on the news. The helicopters use this infrared night vision stuff, they can see through houses. If theres a ton of heat in one room, the room will glow, they can see bodies as well, their cameras tell the difference in heat signatures. You can use IR block from almost any hydro dealer, it blocks the heat and camera equipment from being detected. I looked into it once and it was like a $ thousand or two for a small bedroom.

Could they detect a void where there should have been at least some sort of heat signature? If so, would it not be better to have a properly vented room showing up nothing big rather than a devoid space where something should have been? Also, is there some school these pilots have to go to?

Latest posts

Back