Hello and a Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Longtime lurker, first time caller. Just wanted to thank the site and its users for the information I've gathered from MP, its been helpful.

Now, my question:

I have seven 2-month old beauties :D in a 3' (w) x 6' (h)closet...the tallest is about 16", the shortest is 10" (i know, not good its ideal to have em all the same height, recently I raised up the shorter ones so the tops are all at the same height)...I plan switching to HPS (currently MH) in the next couple of days and begin the flowering process. I am worried about my male to female ratio, if I dont get enough females (4 minimum) I was hoping to get creative and put up a sheet of plastic in between the two sexes, will that block pollenation? I know the males are somewhat usable...

My problem is that I'm moving in about 4 months and won't be able to start another cycle until I get to my new place, so this is it for now. Will this trick work, if I create a good seal and have a "wall" inbetween the two?:confused:

Don't mind a few seeds, would actually prefer it...

Thanks!

No man, if you get males, cut em , dry the leaf material and make some hash. otherwise you will get seeds and reduced potency and vigor due to pollenation. Remember pollen is microscopic man.. a piece of plastic ain't gonna stop it.

I would suggest, that if you get only 1-2 females, to Bend to tops over and hope for some more lateral branching. This way the lower limbs can grow even with the top cola and you can get better quality and quantity of sensimilla.

Remember that your homegrown is gonna last you plenty longer than a bag of schwagg will, and just be thankful for the females you get.

I will put out the female karma for ya. I hope all will be female!....wouldn't we all lol?

ha ha thanks man, I already clipped most of the colas a few weeks ago when there were about 4-5 sets of leaves, so I have some real good lateral branching going (i think thats what it is, when you get 2 or 3 main stems instead of 1...i will just have to cross my fingers for females, then.

any good links on turning the male leaves in hash?

I appreciate the female karma!:p

Latest posts

Back