Hello Buds <3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DankCannabis

Bong Ripper
Reaction score
hey everyone newby here,i'd just like to say thank you for all the knowledge i have already obtained here. and the more to come :)
i had a quick question as well. About the lighting schedule for a seedling that just sprouted its first set of leaves, i had heard from a peer that this was to have lights 24/7... can someone please further explain this to me.. i know its off topic and all, just couldnt find it anywhere and i'd been meaning to introduce myself so instead of making two threads id figure to knock two stoners with one bird ;)
thanks Loves

:ciao:

:welcome: to Marijuana Passion, DankCannabis.

Keeper lit :ccc:

:peace:,

7greeneyes:stoned:

p.s. 24/7 is best for vegging. You get more compact growth (tighter node distance) and you don't have to bother with timers, and there a quicker turnaround/growth (no dark period). And the savings from 18/6 is negligible in the long run.

Welcome to MP.... Cannabis is a plant that grows the whole time the lights are on and needs no dark period in veg. I always run my veg tent 24/7.

:D that was quick :') thanks guys so the best seedling---veg lighting would aswell be 24/7 ?? and as for watering ive read to go with the everyother day or double knuckle techniques, any pointers there...
again a million thanks for the warm welcome :')

T5's are great for vegging, they don't get as hot so you can have the lights right on top of the the babies. The girls will tell you when they are thirsty after a while...The knuckle is the way to go. I would suggest water deeply and let dry out a bit...not to the point of wilt but that won't kill them if that happens.

welcome to the best place.

im saddend to awake today to the babies wilted. i was able to save one that stood right backup once the watering hadbeen done... unfortunately my other was far too young and even after standing has not found the strength to keep blooming :( i havent wantedto touch her much more but the leaves have already shriveled up and its starting to fall.

Welcome to MP. And if it is about cannabis, it isn't off topic.

Tell us what kind of light you had your plant under and how far away the light was. Not all lights are good for cannabis. Your Home Depot link just shows the bulbs--you would also need a fixture. You would need 12 of those tubes for vegging and 20 for flowering. I think that we can find something better for you. Why not start a thread in the indoor section or the grow room set-up section and we will all help you out as we can.

I encourage you to do some basic reading so you have the basics down as to what the needs of the plant are. We can help you fine tune your set-up, but the more you know about cannabis and how it grows, the better YOUR grow will be.

Thanks THG i have read enough articles here in the few days ive been on to know you at queen at your game :) very wise words spoken on very delicate topics, and i must say i feel blessed that you would suggest such.
my budget is thru the floor atm :( and i still yet to build the box it will veg and flower in... i have placed her outside for the sun to take nice care of her since i watered last night. i am currently keeping her under a single 50 watt grow bulb i had in stock but i fear its not getting the proper lighting it needs its been a whole week and im still strictly on the first two fan blades and the orig seedling leaves, is this normal?? the plant has grown rather tall but the leaves have not spread much so ive decided to use the sunlight i was blessed with to aid in the process. i know you shouldnt be moving them around from outside to inside due to parasites and buts but i cant let it suffer if its not obtaining the amount of light it needs. i have her plotted in a miracle grow soil medium that helps prevent overwatering by being composed of soil minerals and wood pieces that allow spacing for air to move easier. i will make the thread now just wanted to finish this last post.

Again Thanks for the welcome :)

Latest posts

Back