Hello from Nevada

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gone2pot!

Reaction score
Just a quick shout out to say hi and let you know I'm a newbie with lots of questions about my new passion, growing medicine. If I'm successful I hope to mix with my other passion, cooking! I don't have a green thumb and I am real worried about stressing my girl so much she becomes a hermie. I'll be around in the growing forums and hopefully the cooking/recipe ones later.

Welcome to MP! They're a decent bunch here, with the occasional loony of course . . . probably I am one of the loonies since I run my lights mainly at night and come out of the grow room to go Oooooooooooooo at the moon.

Welcome to MP...glad that you found the place allright!

Welcome to MP,
the place you will come to love,
and hate to leave.
Lots of nice folks here.....again, Welcome.

I sure appreciate all of the welcomes! I like it here already...nice people...
;-)

Another brown thumbed wanabe grower here.
:ciao: Welcome - I'm slowly realizing that stress I have over the babys doesn't HAVE to be transferred to the plants. They just might make it in spite of me and with the help of the growers here.

Lol hippie chick! I'm worried that my accidental stressing her will hermie my 1st attempt.

The Thanks button was removed I guess to help speed up the server....thats what I have heard anyway....Don't stress it...enjoy it! Even if you screw things up, it's all good as long as you learn from your mistakes...it's a journey that we all started at some point, we all screw up...so take your lumps and move on a little enlightened. My first 2 grows were disastorous...my first inddor attempt worked, but was pitiful...we get better as we go. Hang in there and you will get it!

Again, thanks. I am trying to do things ok & So far no disasters, but my big problems are probably lighting and hours. I didn't realize that a timer would be so important, I've just been turning off lights when I go to bed, on when I get up. Unfortunately, that varies so lighting is somewhat inconsistant. Somedays off for 6 hours and sometimes 3 hours... I don't sleep much. I'm only using 1 t5, and she's 21H 17W. I tried outside and she wilted. Better now but I'm doing several things wrong. I'm just glad weeds are strong and bounce back. :confused:

you do need to get a timer, inconsistent light schedules will cause problems.

G2P, I agree with Legalize--Timers are a must! Be sure to get a digital one, because the analog ones are not easy to get very consistent.

Also, you might want to check out the HO bulbs--they are much stronger, and will work in your regular t5 ballasts. You can get 4 HO bulbs at HTG for $19.95 plus shipping. Locally, in LV, the cheapest I have found them is $11 each. That's for either the flowering (3000k) or the vegging(6500K) bulbs.

Unfortunately, they don't carry them at Home Depot--and they won't order them, they told me, because of breakage. They DO carry the 2 and 4 foot single and double ballasts, though. I attached two 4 foot double units together. THe 2 bulb 4 foot ballasts are about $30 at Home Depot.

If you can, once the weather clears, get the plants outside for a few hours a day of natural sunlight. That will help a LOT. But once the temps rise to above 80, that won't work, especially with broadleafed Indicas.

Good luck and I"m so glad there's another NV grower here! YIPPEEEEE!

Thanks LF and MM
I did get a timer but unfortunately before I saw the recommendation for digital. It doesn't work anyway, and I'm returning it. It's been on 2 days now and I still have to turn lights on and off myself. Probably my error, but a good enough reason to return and by digital. Wht is HTG?? I also don't really know what a ballast is, sorry. First time growing indoors so this lighting and the terms is a little over my head. I will get it figured out but I need to watch the $$$ so I need to find out how to get to HTG. I went to Home Depot, but I was a little confused. I did buy one light but I'm certain it is not a good one for decent light.

Ask and you shall recieve.....GREEN MOJO Biggest Mojo that this site will let me give...:)

Latest posts

Back