Help my plant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hiddeninplainsight

Wake, smoke, smoke, sleep
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick one.

I have a micro grow just under clfs on the bench. In the last week all the leaves have started to curl up. I looked at the leaf chart and that didn't help so here I am. Can you please help me get it back on track :)

I hope the photo works, if it doesn't is there a way to upload on my iPhone?

high chance that if the leaves are taking on a taco like shape then its over watering, MJ needs a wet/dry cycle, yah gotta let at least the top inch-2iches dry out compleatly before watering again, MJ doesnt act well with over watering.

by the way no photo

sunakard2000 said:
high chance that if the leaves are taking on a taco like shape then its over watering, MJ needs a wet/dry cycle, yah gotta let at least the top inch-2iches dry out compleatly before watering again, MJ doesnt act well with over watering.

by the way no photo

Thank you, when you say dry out how do you know when to water and how much because I'm always worried she will need water? And from what you sore will that repair itself or has it done to much damage?

Its not over watering...That is over heat when they curl up...over watering the leafs tirn down.."eagle claw"...I just go by weight..let them dry completely befor watering...and more info on the grow would help Us..and a Picture would tell the tale

:48:

not safe to upload from Phones...Geotagging

More info is needed.

Does not sound like over-watering to me either.

What is your pH?
What are you feeding them?

Hey guys thank you for the reply,

More info about the grown. Feed them once with a coco grow 2 part but only feed once because this happened. i have come to believe that over-watering has been a problem so im letting it dry out before i water again.

as for air it sits on my kitchen bench with the window open just under a clf in a lamp, as for distance from light to plant you can put your hand over the top of the plant and not feel any heat from the lamp on your hand.

its only a micro grow to hone my skills in growing and just to get a few buds, i would love the help as i said im doing it just for my own skills so any assistance is greatly appreciated.

photo1.JPG

photo.JPG

I can see from the pic you don't have any perlite in your soil. Perlite helps the soils from getting too compacted and helps it drain water properly. What containers do you have your plants in and do they have any drain holes.

7thG said:
I can see from the pic you don't have any perlite in your soil. Perlite helps the soils from getting too compacted and helps it drain water properly. What containers do you have your plants in and do they have any drain holes.

It Is in a torch with the guts taken out mixed with perlite and coco, yeah there is about 30 holes In the bottom and side it drains very well. There is not very much perlite in it because I got False info and he told me not to put it in there it is not needed.... So on my other micro grow that has perlite and it makes a massive difference.

yeah i'd think she's just a bit soggy.
how heavy did you feed em though?

See a picture tells many things....for one..Those are NOT Curling up they are down..and thats a clasic sign of over water and incorrect PH.....You can get a moister meter from Lowes Home depot like 10 bux...But first let those dry out for like 4-5 days...lift the pot now and feel how heavy is it...than in 4 days lift again..you will get it down:aok:

:48:

Yeah the soil is a bit wet I havnt watered her in 2 days so far, I'll get a moister meter on Friday when I go out next. I didn't feed her very much at all because it started to show like this the next morning so she didn't get a few big drink at all, from what you see I'm the photos will she recover? Quick question while I got you here. What's the best way to keep bugs offi or away from the plant with out hurting it?

Not enough airation in the pots. I suggest doing 75% of your medium with 25% perlite added. You don't have enough space for the roots to have.. well.. space.. and it seems the soil is too wet and compressing the roots. That's just my guess, good luck! :)

*Edit* .. wait wait wait... you say there's perlite in there? I don't see it :confused2:

It should be mixed together, not layered if that's what you have going on, heh :) And it seems you're using coco right? Great! I love the stuff! I mix 75% Royal Gold COCO with 25% Perlite. So in a container, use for example 3 red solo cups of coco to 1 solo cup of perlite. Mix well for a few moments and you're good. That's not too far off my recipe either. I do the mix I just mentioned. Then when it's mixed together, I'll take 2 red solo cups of Sunshine Advanced Mix #4 and add that to the entire mix. That basically adds a bit of peat moss etc into my created medium.

Hope that helps :aok:

Dr. Green Fang said:
*Edit* .. wait wait wait... you say there's perlite in there? I don't see it :confused2:

It should be mixed together, not layered if that's what you have going on, heh :) And it seems you're using coco right? Great! I love the stuff! I mix 75% Royal Gold COCO with 25% Perlite. So in a container, use for example 3 red solo cups of coco to 1 solo cup of perlite. Mix well for a few moments and you're good. That's not too far off my recipe either. I do the mix I just mentioned. Then when it's mixed together, I'll take 2 red solo cups of Sunshine Advanced Mix #4 and add that to the entire mix. That basically adds a bit of peat moss etc into my created medium.

Hope that helps :aok:

Thank you doc,

Nah I have a little project plant that I'm growing with it and I mixed perlite with that and that is growing so much better but this one does not have perlite and I think that's what is causing this problem because the coco is just compacting and having trouble draining :(

I think that's what is causing this problem because the coco is just compacting and having trouble draining

Naw, now you know.. and knowing is half the battle.

G.I. JOOOOEEEE!!!

....sorry, I was an 80's baby :D As for a solution, I'm clueless. I assume it will end up with you trying to transplant most of the root mass into some properly mixed stuff.

Dr. Green Fang said:
Naw, now you know.. and knowing is half the battle.

G.I. JOOOOEEEE!!!

....sorry, I was an 80's baby :D As for a solution, I'm clueless. I assume it will end up with you trying to transplant most of the root mass into some properly mixed stuff.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, I'm going to get soe perlite sometime this week and transplant for the weekend, thank you for your help.

You will definitely need to transplant into a better mix of pearlite and coco. You also need to get a good reliable pH meter if you want to stay with synthetic nutrients and coco. The reason is that coco is low in pH and it can pull down the pH of the nutrients out of range for proper absorption. You will need to make sure the pH of your watering solution, with or without nutrients, is around 6.0-6.2 so that the coco can pull it down to around 5.8 in the pot. I would recommend that you get a good quality pH meter if you plant to continue to grow. Hanna and Bluelab make good digital pH pens. I also recommend that you get the calibration kit that has all of the calibrating solutions and storage solutions as digital meters have to be cared for to keep them working good. :)

Hushpuppy said:
You will definitely need to transplant into a better mix of pearlite and coco. You also need to get a good reliable pH meter if you want to stay with synthetic nutrients and coco. The reason is that coco is low in pH and it can pull down the pH of the nutrients out of range for proper absorption. You will need to make sure the pH of your watering solution, with or without nutrients, is around 6.0-6.2 so that the coco can pull it down to around 5.8 in the pot. I would recommend that you get a good quality pH meter if you plant to continue to grow. Hanna and Bluelab make good digital pH pens. I also recommend that you get the calibration kit that has all of the calibrating solutions and storage solutions as digital meters have to be cared for to keep them working good. :)

That's a lot of info thank you, what is your personal thoughts on nuits for coco? The one I have was just something I was given it wasn't my choice. Being only my 2nd grow I don't know which way to go with the nuits being brands and what is best out there or what works? If that made sence

Latest posts

Back