Help my plant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can get Advanced Nutrients there then I would highly recommend the Jungle Juice 3part. I have used it in coco/hydro with very solid results. You will need to get the meters as I said above if you want to stay with synthetic nutrients regardless of the brand. The only way around not having to monitor and maintain proper pH is to grow in totally organic soil, which requires it own unique set of parameters and additives.

Synthetic nutrients are any nutrients that are not obtained naturally from organic means. There is nothing wrong with synthetic nutrients as many here use them with excellent results.

With the synthetic nutrients you will need to also get pH buffer additives for adjusting the pH level up or down. In synthetic nutrient grows, maintaining pH is absolutely critical to the health of the plants. Some nute brands have pH buffers in them which help to keep it more balanced but I wouldn't depend on them blindly to have the soil right.

I am not sure what nutes are available to you there but General Hydroponics makes a tried and true nutrient called Flora 3part that would work for you. In Europe, many of the commercial growers use Hesi products with great success. Take a look around at what is available to you then get back to us and we can guide you from there to the best for you. :)

Hushpuppy said:
If you can get Advanced Nutrients there then I would highly recommend the Jungle Juice 3part. I have used it in coco/hydro with very solid results. You will need to get the meters as I said above if you want to stay with synthetic nutrients regardless of the brand. The only way around not having to monitor and maintain proper pH is to grow in totally organic soil, which requires it own unique set of parameters and additives.

Synthetic nutrients are any nutrients that are not obtained naturally from organic means. There is nothing wrong with synthetic nutrients as many here use them with excellent results.

With the synthetic nutrients you will need to also get pH buffer additives for adjusting the pH level up or down. In synthetic nutrient grows, maintaining pH is absolutely critical to the health of the plants. Some nute brands have pH buffers in them which help to keep it more balanced but I wouldn't depend on them blindly to have the soil right.

I am not sure what nutes are available to you there but General Hydroponics makes a tried and true nutrient called Flora 3part that would work for you. In Europe, many of the commercial growers use Hesi products with great success. Take a look around at what is available to you then get back to us and we can guide you from there to the best for you. :)

Wow this has been a massive help, what I will do is i will get the meeter on friday and i will go from there, over the weekend i see what i have around for nuits and see what i can come up with and hopfully get on the right track :) thank you again.

I'm happy to help :) Just don't buy anything until you talk to us so that we can help you not waste money on something that won't do what you need. :)

^ yes, ask here first and be patient for an answer as it will massively pay off in the end!! :aok:

Thank you guys :) I won't be able to until next week but I'm hoping to get some perlite and a ph meeter and get her into some good soil then HOPFULLY Monday tues I'll see what I can get and get your thoughts :)

Hey guys,

Today anout 2 hours ago i repotted my sick plant, I mixed up a 75/25% coco to perlite mix. i put the plant into the mix after yeasing the roots and the coco that is was in and found that the coco was packed in so tight im supprised that it is still alive so thank you guys who told me to transplant it :)

also in my travels i bought a ph meter for feeding time, on that note. when should i feed/water itbeing that it has just re potted it, it still has some wet coco around the main stem so should i wait or water or feed? as being i have never re potted i do not want to mess it up further.

final question, i have attached some photo can you please tell me your thoughts on the condition of the plant and if she will recover because she looks really bad to an untrained eye,

Thank you all for your help:icon_smile:

photo1.JPG

photo.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

You surely want to water with pure water IMO. I always water down the entire potted plant when I transplant, considering how absolutely dry the coco is when you get it all together and in. Water until you get some run off coming out of the bottom. I would also check tomorrow and maybe give a little water then... give it a day with no feeding, then start in at half strength nutes. Normally I would say 1/4 strength, but it looks big enough to handle 1/2 strength. Heck, at that size it should be up to full strength (for veg) nutes, but considering the stress it's been through... let's just get it back to somewhat healthy.

Now, take NOTE; The leaves that are currently there won't get too much better looking. Usually after an ordeal like that, the plant will start using them up to try to live. This is normal, it's the new growth you need to watch coming out of the top. :)

I'll go back and read about your light and setup, but it also looks like she was under lit. Looks a bit stretchy and lots of space between each node. I'm curious how much light you have, in what kind of room and how far the light is from the room.. also ventilation.

Thing is, you can grow this as a house plant and that's all it will ever be, but if you want to bring plants to fruition (end result) then listen to our words :aok: It takes more than just being a house plant to get it (not saying you were just letting be one, just how I'm breaking it down, ya know?)

Good job on the transplant! That, my friend, is how it's supposed to look!!! Now, when you water, you'll get run off from your first cup of water. I would add 1 - 3 cups to it each time you water/feed.. but this is very very subjective. I'm just trying to give you a general idea. Basically, you need to learn how to read the plants and the soil. If you stick your finger in the soil up to between your first and second knuckle (roughly) and gauge the soils wetness. Also, lifting the pots every single day, will train your arm to know when it's "too light".. so get used to lifting them each day.

With the right light and space, you'll basically either water or feed COCO every single day. Lots of drying out properties, and I know personally my setups take the water/feedings like champs every single day. Lots of drain and airation going on in COCO. :) DEFINITELY don't overwater if possible.

Alright, hope I helped somewhere in that sea of words hah. Questions? Just ask!

Alright, you under CFL's.. I'm thinking you're under lit. What size / kind of space do you have? Do you have any funds to "take this to the proper level"? Mostly, I would purchase a 2foot 4 bulb T5 fixture to run them under, and do an HPS light for flowering.

Can get more into all that if you would like :)

Dr. Green Fang said:
Alright, you under CFL's.. I'm thinking you're under lit. What size / kind of space do you have? Do you have any funds to "take this to the proper level"? Mostly, I would purchase a 2foot 4 bulb T5 fixture to run them under, and do an HPS light for flowering.

Dr. Green Fang said:

Thank you,

Basically what I have is enough set up to run 8 plants but it is more so the space, I have that cupboard that it is in but that is very limited in the height department hence why I was going in a small pot thinking it was a indica being small and bushy. It was a free seed....

I have waters it down before transplant so I'm going to the watering schedule of when it dries out it gets watered, when it starts to dry out I'm going to go with half nuits and I have the ph meter :)

As for ventilation the cupboard it's in I have an intake and exhaust fan both on a controller so I'm having a very big influence on the climate.

As for helping? Yes haha if it wasn't for you all she would be dead haha

To give yourself an idea of how heavy a dry pot shoud be just fill the same size pot with the same dry soil.

robertr said:
To give yourself an idea of how heavy a dry pot shoud be just fill the same size pot with the same dry soil.

Thank you, yeah I got another pot waiting for a seed so I know what it should weigh empty so hopfully that will help my with my watering haha

If you want another idea on how to dry out a wet pot faster just carefully make a hole big enough to push an air hose from aquarium pump down into center of pot and turn air pump on. I used this because I needed to dry the soil up quickly to prevent root rot in one of my plants.

Another trick that will serve you doing soilless grows: For feeding and watering your plants, get a large container to store your water in and keep about 120liters in this container. Get an air pump like is used for a fish aquarium, get a couple meters of airhose and a large air stone. put the airstone with hose into water container and connect to pump so that you can continually aerate the water. You will use this water for feeding and watering. Having it well aerated will help prevent overwatering in the future.

When you mix up your feeding solution, do so a day ahead of schedule, allow it to set for 2hrs after mixing. take out your pH meter and check the solution pH and write it down (to the tenth). Then either agitate it well or get another airstone and hose and aerate it for about 4hrs. Then test it again for pH and see if it moved and which direction. You are looking for the final solution to be between 6.0-6.4 You may have to adjust it either up or down some to get it to this acceptable range.

Once you add some adjuster (pH+ or pH-), only 1-2ml at a time of adjuster until you get the hang of adjusting and know how much it ultimately needs each time (With mine I typically have to add around 5-7ml of adjuster to bring mine to right pH), you will need to allow it to set again for another 2hrs and aerate so that the chemical can buffer. Test it and then allow it to set for another 2hrs again. test again and then adjust again as needed, and continue this waiting process until you are in the target range.

I know this seems like a bit much but you won't have to do this every time. Once you see how much it takes to adjust the pH and how long it takes for it to level out in the solution, then you can shorten this process to match. For me and the nutes I use, I only have to wait about 20minutes before having to adjust, and then I can use it within another 20 minutes. Yours may take longer if it is a buffered nutrient or it may not. It varies some. :)

Hushpuppy said:
Another trick that will serve you doing soilless grows: For feeding and watering your plants, get a large container to store your water in and keep about 120liters in this container. Get an air pump like is used for a fish aquarium, get a couple meters of airhose and a large air stone. put the airstone with hose into water container and connect to pump so that you can continually aerate the water. You will use this water for feeding and watering. Having it well aerated will help prevent overwatering in the future.

When you mix up your feeding solution, do so a day ahead of schedule, allow it to set for 2hrs after mixing. take out your pH meter and check the solution pH and write it down (to the tenth). Then either agitate it well or get another airstone and hose and aerate it for about 4hrs. Then test it again for pH and see if it moved and which direction. You are looking for the final solution to be between 6.0-6.4 You may have to adjust it either up or down some to get it to this acceptable range.

Once you add some adjuster (pH+ or pH-), only 1-2ml at a time of adjuster until you get the hang of adjusting and know how much it ultimately needs each time (With mine I typically have to add around 5-7ml of adjuster to bring mine to right pH), you will need to allow it to set again for another 2hrs and aerate so that the chemical can buffer. Test it and then allow it to set for another 2hrs again. test again and then adjust again as needed, and continue this waiting process until you are in the target range.

I know this seems like a bit much but you won't have to do this every time. Once you see how much it takes to adjust the pH and how long it takes for it to level out in the solution, then you can shorten this process to match. For me and the nutes I use, I only have to wait about 20minutes before having to adjust, and then I can use it within another 20 minutes. Yours may take longer if it is a buffered nutrient or it may not. It varies some. :)
Thanks for that info.

Hushpuppy said:

Wow this was a world on information, I know early in you said 120ltrs does it have to be 120 or was that just an example? I will start doing this early this week I never would have thought of that thank you.

It doesn't have to be 120ltr Just a larger "tank" that will hold the amount of water that you need for a week's worth of water/feeding. You could even get 2 smaller tanks and have one for just watering and the other for feeding. My Bro has 2 tanks that I got him that hold about 160ltr each. He keeps them filled and aerated constantly and just pulls from them into a bucket for mixing nutes or watering. :)

Hushpuppy said:
It doesn't have to be 120ltr Just a larger "tank" that will hold the amount of water that you need for a week's worth of water/feeding. You could even get 2 smaller tanks and have one for just watering and the other for feeding. My Bro has 2 tanks that I got him that hold about 160ltr each. He keeps them filled and aerated constantly and just pulls from them into a bucket for mixing nutes or watering. :)

Beautiful, I thought I would ask I know it was a stupid question but I would rather ask than get it wrong haha, I'll have a look around tomorrow and see wha I can find. I know I have a water pump and air stones so that's one step down already,

Hushpuppy said:
I'm happy to help :) Just don't buy anything until you talk to us so that we can help you not waste money on something that won't do what you need. :)

this is why i luv this forum

Yeah I agree, most of the people here are mature and dedicated to growing and helping others enjoy growing. We don't go in for all the !@#$%&* and immature stuff that happens on the other sites :)

There are no stupid questions here, if you aren't sure ask :)

Latest posts

Back