Help Please Fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkUnkWidow

X1 x Y1 = ME
Reaction score
I have an issue that needs immediate attention:

PLEASE ONLY ANSWER IF YOU ARE 1000% sure! Thanks.

I have 11 female plants that are budding. 1 of them has turned out to be a hermaphrodite. It is 4weeks into flowering and the yellow bananas have just appeared. It is only of the nodes for what I can tell. Everything I have learned thus far has mentioned to get rid of HEMOS IMMEDIATELY but since it is this far into flowering I was told that I can just cut that section off and little damage will occur. IS THIS CORRECT?

CAN I JUST CUT THE BANANAS :banana: :banana: :banana: OFF and CONTINUE FLOWERING THIS PLANT?

Please let me know ASAP!!!

I have a beautiful white widow x super skunk plant and I would hate to abolish it!

Thanks in advance.

You certainly could cut off the bananas, hopefully no more grow.
HOWEVER... and this is a BIG however.... if u break one pollen sack there will be pollen everywhere... and i mean, everywhere... MJ's pollen is soooo light it isn't fit. You are best off takin the he-she to another room and deal with it there.... imho it isn't worth the hassle... pollen on clothes or skin or whatever can be transferred to a female pretty easily.

Hey skunk i have 25 years of growing and have have had a few herm plants. I would either cut the limb off with the male flowers on it or i would cut the male pollen sacks off. If you do this keep a watch for them popping back up. Or if you could move it too another room then if it does pollinate it self the seeds you get will be all female. Either way if you keep the male flower too a minimal it will keep the seeds to a minimal. I hope this helped. Ps some herm buds i smoked were some of the beds weed i ever smoked. It was like speed i was cleaning the house on it. Slim

Good advice above...just wanted to add. Turn off your circulation fans, ventilation or cooling is ok (probably necessary) put the herm closest to the exhaust. Keep a spray bottle filled with water handy when operating on or moving him, water will kill pollen on contact.

I have one on it's last 2 weeks myself.

while the above advice makes total sense, as a novice grower that would freak me out. you'd have to check it all the time to make sure there's no regeneration of pollen, and this could be a pain if the plant is big.

i'd take 'herm's freakshow into another room!

sanchez said:
while the above advice makes total sense, as a novice grower that would freak me out. you'd have to check it all the time to make sure there's no regeneration of pollen, and this could be a pain if the plant is big.

i'd take 'herm's freakshow into another room!

Chances are if it is a 'mellow hermie' and is only showing a few pods on one axial branch, after removal it won't grow anymore. Since he is halfway through flower anyway, he really only has about 2 weeks to do inspection. Any pollen released in the last 2 weeks is not going to produce seeds. I did the very same thing on a 3 foot monster, cut about 15 pods off of one branch about one month ago, none have returned. IMO you chould be inspecting your plants daily anyway, most problems (pest, hermies, mold, deficiencies) are much easier to deal with if you catch them before you notice them from a distance.

longtimegrower said:
if it does pollinate it self the seeds you get will be all female.

Do ppl a favor and destroy those seeds... "feminized" seeds... are garbage.

KADE said:

What is wrong with them, female is female right?

why do you say that. i am just about ready to order od seeds and most of the ones i have picked out are fermanized

well from the reading ive done...she has a little southeast asia in her...not sure about that but thats a common strain for that...and with the hermes ive had they arnt worth having around..sounds like you have plenty in the room so loosing one shouldnt be that bad...and i also believe that removing her now will deminish the amount of seeded bud...the herme i experimented with did produce all female seeds...but there were alot of hermes produced from them...hope that helped.

KADE said:

I agree completely with KADE, IMO feminized just means 'not male', breed 2 strong hermies and you will most likely not get any male seeds...doesn't mean the rest are female. There are many different views and opinions out there on this matter. Some even say seeded bud has higher potency, so growing hermies or 'feminised' seeds to smoke might be ok. But they are useless for breeding.

More info in this thread:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8051

Elephant Man said:
There are many different views and opinions out there on this matter. Some even say seeded bud has higher potency.

I'll disagree with that tho =) I'm gonna say the plant uses energy to create seeds... instead of more bud/resin/whatever.

I decided after writing the initial post to remove it and place it in a different aero system in another room. I realized after I did that what I thought was one loan cluster of bananas was far from that. Each node that showed buds had them mixed in there. So I will try and remove them as need be but I think it is all wasted effort because like monetioned the pollen is very shifty. It only takes a small amount leaking out to jepordize the buds. I will keep you posted and throw some pic up shortly.

Thanks again!

This Site Rocks.:ccc: :ccc: :ccc:

Sounds good... pics would be great

Latest posts

Back