Help Please!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ledtester said:
Considering the number of ballasts I've built that you can't even turn on, I think candles are more your speed...LOL...better up the house insurance I smell a BBQ coming on!...LMAO

o goodness ppl... the terrible jokes jus keep raining in.. when is this old man gonna stop.. dont u got like some croquet or some knitting and sewing u could b doin.. like a dr. appointment or somethin u gotta b goin to.. stop postin in my threads u old head.. u a has been. remember that..

ledtester said:
Considering the number of ballasts I've built that you can't even turn on, I think candles are more your speed...LOL...better up the house insurance I smell a BBQ coming on!...LMAO

IMO Guys this argument does not need to be brought to another thread. please do not turn this into a b____ fight on different threads.

If you do not have usefull information to share then dont click the reply button as easy as that.

Have some respect for all the others who have to read this rubbish arguing.

Lets please let Bigons be bigons

flaboy88 did ya get it working again?

Jericho said:
IMO Guys this argument does not need to be brought to another thread. please do not turn this into a b____ fight on different threads.

If you do not have usefull information to share then dont click the reply button as easy as that.

Have some respect for all the others who have to read this rubbish arguing.

Lets please let Bigons be bigons

agreed.. i wasnt even tryin to.. it started out as a misunderstandin and then im gettin names called.. i aint gone jus sit there.. but anyways.. yes, i did get it started up.. everything is runnin fine.. the mh bulb was used b4 so i thought mayb that had somethin to do wit it but everythin is runnin smooth.. but quick question.. i kno most ppl if they are veggin wit an mh they are runnin 400w or 600w.. mine is 1000w in my 27.5sq ft of space so i would b gettin 4000 lumens per square ft.. now i kno as long as i keep it cool in there im fine but how far should i keep that beastly bulb away?? i kno if its hot on ur hand its hot for them but i kno some ppl will jus put theres a certain distance ex. 15" or 18"..would you say mayb 22" to 24" would b good? i jus dont here of many ppl runnin it so im curious.. thanks again tho

As long as th eplants are not hot you can keep it as close as you can. I understand that the closer you can keep the light the plant will be much stronger build.

Just use the hand rule and then an inch above that to keep it safe. that should work IMO

Someone correct me if im wrong please.

flaboy88 said:
he is referring to another thread where the persons power was gettin cut for 22 hours.. he said he would put flashlights around his babies for light:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and he also said it drops in the 30's all the time where he at and i simply said thats not good for mj and goes on this huge rant tryin to put ppl down.. as u can tell he still aint let it go.. hey ledtester, did you go wit zem's idea and surround ur ladies with a bunch of candles??:hubba: :hubba:

LOL flashlights i hope these would be led flashlights lol not that it would help temps much lol

18in sounds like a good start flaboy. Is your light aircooled? I found with my 400w i was able to keep it closer when i set up the aircooled hood. Either way though if it's too hot on your hand then it needs to go up. Goodluck with your grow peace out

flaboy88 said:
agreed.. i wasnt even tryin to.. it started out as a misunderstandin and then im gettin names called.. i aint gone jus sit there.. but anyways.. yes, i did get it started up.. everything is runnin fine.. the mh bulb was used b4 so i thought mayb that had somethin to do wit it but everythin is runnin smooth.. but quick question.. i kno most ppl if they are veggin wit an mh they are runnin 400w or 600w.. mine is 1000w in my 27.5sq ft of space so i would b gettin 4000 lumens per square ft.. now i kno as long as i keep it cool in there im fine but how far should i keep that beastly bulb away?? i kno if its hot on ur hand its hot for them but i kno some ppl will jus put theres a certain distance ex. 15" or 18"..would you say mayb 22" to 24" would b good? i jus dont here of many ppl runnin it so im curious.. thanks again tho

You would have done well to appologize after your misunderstanding rather then wise assin someone who was only trying to help, so I don't see how I'm bad unless it's for givin ya twice as much back...now it's fairly obvious you're as green as can be, so I suggest we bury the hatchit since I've been taught by some of the best...LOL....

You always want to keep ANY light as close as possible, unless you want your plants to stretch. As someone suggested hold your hand under the closest plant to the light (make sure you hold it for a minute and a half and not two seconds) if your hand is not "uncomfortable" your cool there. If you want your plants to stretch move the light up from there.

You didn't mention the light set up (horizontal or vertical) as vertical bulbs you can have mir inches away from the plants underneath but you have to watch the sides where horizontals uncooled your at least a foot away. I reccommend a fan blowing across the tops too since it exchanges the air under the stomata for your ladies if you can. Again I appologize for going off on you but maybe someday we will compare nugs.....
showfull.php

Ok guys, just let it go. This ain't that kind of forum. We're all laaiiidddd bacckkkkk.......

Flaboy, you sound like me. You want to do everything just right. No harm in that. But in my humble 3 grow history, here's the most important thing I've learned so far (well, maybe one of the top 3 things-pH and lighting are pretty important too!)

Enjoy the experience. Those plants are living things and you need to enjoy the whole 9 yards-putting a seed in the ground, watching it sprout, helping it grow and reaping the rewards! It's a hell of a lot more rewarding than harvesting a tomato, and I love tomatoes!

My point is, take a deep breath and watch the plants-they'll tell you. When the leaves droop and your soil feels dry beneath the surface, they want water. If your leaves look like they are curling and withering and have some brown spots on different places (not just the tips), maybe you've got your light too close. Don't sweat it, you'll learn.

Seriously, use the back of the hand rule. If you can hold your hand palm down on top of your top leaves for a while (30 seconds? 45 seconds?) the light isn't burning your leaves.

Look at it as a journey, not just one grow-I can tell you're a smart guy. You'll get it.

AG

ledtester said:
You would have done well to appologize after your misunderstanding rather then wise assin someone who was only trying to help, so I don't see how I'm bad unless it's for givin ya twice as much back...now it's fairly obvious you're as green as can be, so I suggest we bury the hatchit since I've been taught by some of the best...LOL....

You always want to keep ANY light as close as possible, unless you want your plants to stretch. As someone suggested hold your hand under the closest plant to the light (make sure you hold it for a minute and a half and not two seconds) if your hand is not "uncomfortable" your cool there. If you want your plants to stretch move the light up from there.

You didn't mention the light set up (horizontal or vertical) as vertical bulbs you can have mir inches away from the plants underneath but you have to watch the sides where horizontals uncooled your at least a foot away. I reccommend a fan blowing across the tops too since it exchanges the air under the stomata for your ladies if you can. Again I appologize for going off on you but maybe someday we will compare nugs.....
showfull.php

i appreciate that and i too apologize for it getting out of hand as well.. nice nugs u have.. i looked on my hardrive tryin to find my last grow pics but it looks like the lady done erased em either that i or i cant find em.. either way im bout to start postin picks of my current grow soon.. so hopefully they will b big beautiful ladies.. thanks again

Amateur Grower said:
Ok guys, just let it go. This ain't that kind of forum. We're all laaiiidddd bacckkkkk.......

Flaboy, you sound like me. You want to do everything just right. No harm in that. But in my humble 3 grow history, here's the most important thing I've learned so far (well, maybe one of the top 3 things-pH and lighting are pretty important too!)

Enjoy the experience. Those plants are living things and you need to enjoy the whole 9 yards-putting a seed in the ground, watching it sprout, helping it grow and reaping the rewards! It's a hell of a lot more rewarding than harvesting a tomato, and I love tomatoes!

My point is, take a deep breath and watch the plants-they'll tell you. When the leaves droop and your soil feels dry beneath the surface, they want water. If your leaves look like they are curling and withering and have some brown spots on different places (not just the tips), maybe you've got your light too close. Don't sweat it, you'll learn.

Seriously, use the back of the hand rule. If you can hold your hand palm down on top of your top leaves for a while (30 seconds? 45 seconds?) the light isn't burning your leaves.

Look at it as a journey, not just one grow-I can tell you're a smart guy. You'll get it.

AG

Amateur Grower thanks man.. ya, i too only have a couple grows and this is a new system so im jus makin sure i love them jus rite and not too much..lol.. usually work mainly outdoors but comin in for a change.. i actually got it up today but its been a long day.. ima probably end up posting pics tomorro.. thanks again

Glad to see all's heading in right direction. Gd growing to all.

I know people that drool on their toes...but can turn on a ballast...there is not a whole lot of places to hide the switch....I mean it's usually a box.

Wow...there is a whole other page here...lol...I was responding to some smart yass the page before who was talking about ballasts and people not able to turn them on...lol

sorry

Latest posts

Back