help the lama quit smoking...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordhighlama

dont mind the simple lama
Reaction score
well here it goes...

I just received notice that starting January of next year my employer will be starting a new drug and alcohol policy that will require random drug tests. :eek:

I've been with this company for almost 4 years and have never had to worry about being tested. That all ends this January... :hitchair:

So I am calling on all of my friends here at MP to help me quit smoking. I figure that it is going to take me quite some time to clean out completely since I am a daily smoker. I will be clean all through December and if I quite today the remaining days of November.

I found out about this new policy last week and have been trying to smoke the rest of my stash before I put it all away for the long haul. Problem is I didn't realize how much of a stash I had. :holysheep: A week has gone by and I'm still smoking off my reserve. I know that I cannot drag this out to much longer or I will be risking to much. Today is the day for me, I am QUITING!!!

So what say you MP members... you think I'll clean up in a months time?
I am going to need some support as this process will take it's toll on me. I get rather cranky when removed from my herb. :confused: I'll be using this thread as a journal of sorts to keep my head on strait over the next month.

Wish me luck...

get a wizzonator and some fake pee and keep on smoking.

if not, the best of luck.
By the time you crack into your reserves not only will it taste amazing, it will destroy you too.

maybe its not a horrible thing.

I wish you the best of luck in quiting. It is a shame that we cannot enjoy our off work time the way we like.

that's rough llama...

If it makes it easier, I have been in that position as well...

If you have kids, that makes it a simpler (not easier) choice, IMO

For me, the more things that I associate with herb (can be great after/before meals, sex, movies, etc..) the trickier it is to quit....

Since I have kids, I just stay focused on them...that's what it is all about for me.....

Either way...here's what I do....STAY BUSY....

plan out your day...

stay around sober(ish) people (as opposed to people that always have a joint in thier hand)

start doing something physical..(weight training...looking up a local soccer league..there's even a national kickball league that plays here in the Bay Areaand other cities and towns)

I hope I don't sound too preachy...just some stuff that has worked for me in the past when I had to quit for periods of time..

:)

Ridiculous how employers are allowed to dictate what an employee does in their spare time. "Land of the Free" indeed . . . I'd be looking for a better job.

leafminer : I agree that it is ridiculous to require me to do this, but work is hard to find right now and my job is to important to give up for smoke.

cmd : No kids, just 2 dogs. I do associate smoking with several activities which is going to make this even tougher. I like the STAY BUSY idea and will definitely be trying my best at that.

Ozzy : thanks for the words of encouragement, I agree that we should be free to do as we like while not on the clock, but such is life. :(

Effn Gee : the wizzinator or any other cheat the system method might come into play down the road, but I am focused on actually getting clean for the test in January. But your right my reserve stash is going to be unreal when I actually get to break back into it. :)

what is going to be even tougher is that I've got a grow going right now,, and there's no way I'm scrapping it. Guess I'll just have to find a huge amount of self restraint. :)

ok if you dont have an accident I believe in cali I could be wrong that they have to tell u the day before they test maybe that is a cruel joke someone told me ...that stinks man. I couldnt do it..maybe wouldnt will think about that later...U could buy the senthetic pee once u know how they operate and just use that....

keep in mind it is very expensive for a company to drug test...all of my jobs have said they will do it none of them have..and I handle precious info...

Dont fault the company. Way lawsuits fly, and the means insurance companies take to give decent plans. Id test too.

Easiest way to quit is to shift your addiction elsewhere. Try sex, gambling, collecting pokemon, video games, woodcarving, or anything.
I do the sex all night, golf all day method. Yesterday I didnt smoke, played 18 holes, then a few additional holes when I got home.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Dont fault the company. Way lawsuits fly, and the means insurance companies take to give decent plans. Id test too.

Easiest way to quit is to shift your addiction elsewhere. Try sex, gambling, collecting pokemon, video games, woodcarving, or anything.
I do the sex all night, golf all day method. Yesterday I didnt smoke, played 18 holes, then a few additional holes when I got home.

Shame on you, that is funny. Really funny.

Good point though, pick up a hobby...or somebody.

SPEARCHUCKER said:

:holysheep: ROTFLMAO...

That's a great idea spearchucker,, I love golf and play as often as possible. I think I put down around 150 rounds of golf this season. Sadly though the golf season just ended around these parts.

I guess I'll have to ask the wife if she can open up the back nine. :D

They have given you over a months notice.

They didnt have to give that long, maybe it was a warning so everyone gets clean and keeps their job.

Mine helps me sleep at night, if I had to stop then I would be awake for a week :eek: :huh: :( :hairpull:

Good luck with your journey.

:peace:

They didnt have to give that long, maybe it was a warning so everyone gets clean and keeps their job.

Mine helps me sleep at night, if I had to stop then I would be awake for a week :eek: :huh: :( :hairpull:

2Dog said:
ok if you dont have an accident I believe in cali I could be wrong that they have to tell u the day before they test maybe that is a cruel joke someone told me ...that stinks man. I couldnt do it..maybe wouldnt will think about that later...U could buy the senthetic pee once u know how they operate and just use that....

After I get through the first run of tests and see how the method works, I might be looking into something along these lines.

2Dog said:
keep in mind it is very expensive for a company to drug test...all of my jobs have said they will do it none of them have..and I handle precious info...

20% of the workforce will have to be tested each quarter. That will leave 20% untested at the end of each year.

But I know they will be testing, because the union workers are what brought this onto us. They have a drug testing policy and so they complained that non-union employees should have to be tested as well.

wa frickin' wa if you ask me.

HippyInEngland said:

BING...

Right on the button Hippy,, they didn't have to give my that much notice and I am thankful that they did. We are a close knit bunch where I work and nobody wants to see people getting fired over this. I figure it's best to play along for now and see how things unfold.

I am in a union lol...biggest one in the usa I believe...no testing yet they would lose half of their workforce maybe more... I wonder if they understand how much it costs to train a new employee? course maybe it isnt as much for them...

not trying to offend any union employee's just peeved that they had so much power during there yearly negotiations that they were able to force drug tests onto us non-union employees.

lordhighlama said:
:holysheep: ROTFLMAO...

That's a great idea spearchucker,, I love golf and play as often as possible. I think I put down around 150 rounds of golf this season. Sadly though the golf season just ended around these parts.

I guess I'll have to ask the wife if she can open up the back nine. :D

ROFLMAO

Latest posts

Back