help...wierd new growth? 5 wks into flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Team GREEN

Reaction score
I know that having pics really helps...but PLEASE bear with me.
I have one plant 6 weeks into flower that seems to be producing some kind of NEW GROWTH?...little, bright yellow/green leaf-like growth. Its been like this for a week or two. The buds seem to filling out but not really flowering so much? The buds are full...of pistils and trichomes but also this weird, fresh looking new growth? And there is almost NO smell from the buds or plant.
Any thoughts as to what this could be?

What are you feeding it and how much are you feeding it? And where is this new growth growing from?

Team GREEN said:
but PLEASE bear with me.
we can try, but really for a question like this, its pointless to get any real answer without a pic..
Call one of your best friends over with a camera phone and ask him to use his phone to make a private call to an ex or something, that should give you enuff time to tak the pics and send them to an email without them ever finding out what u really used the phone for... just make sure u delete the pic afterwards..
Good Luck, :aok:

Homemadegravity said:
What are you feeding it and how much are you feeding it? And where is this new growth growing from?

Just want to say that I have 4 others that are just fine...2 superhaze n 3 caramellas. The problem one is a caramella.
I've been feeding it TigerBloom...about 2 or 3 tspns every other water. Just started feeding them CHA CHING. The NEW GROWTH? is mainly on the main cola..seems to be starting from the top on down.

Thanks for the input.

Almost sounds like a male flower that opened, dont see any yellow dust around the area do you?

Just a guess, But as Firepower said we need pics.

Growdude said:
Almost sounds like a male flower that opened, dont see any yellow dust around the area do you?

Just a guess, But as Firepower said we need pics.

I dont think its a male...it was THE FIRST one to show preflowers (and they were big, whispy ones too). And no...I dont see? or there isnt any yellow dust.
After looking at it again...its mainly concentrated at the top of the main cola...little, tiny pale yellow/green leaf-like new growth???...that doesnt seem to be developing into anything?......soooo confused!

I know, I know...PICTURES...WE NEED PICTURES....
Unfortunately (FOR ME) I wont be able to post any anytime soon......
PLEEAAASE HELP!

I would not worry then.
Ive seen the top of buds get a weired growth of bud coming out towards the end of flowering.

Growdude said:
I would not worry then.
Ive seen the top of buds get a weired growth of bud coming out towards the end of flowering.

WHEW..thanks man for the peace of mind. As you've suggested, I hope its just some harmless flowering weirdness.?
Any thoughts as to the lack of smell?...ALL of the others are pungent. Again, dont worry?

yeah i had these on my buds to in last grow i harvested not long ago an yeah growdude they looked like male flowers but yeah no seeds or anything this happend on my plants in the last week or so to

stonedsmithy said:
yeah i had these on my buds to in last grow i harvested not long ago an yeah growdude they looked like male flowers but yeah no seeds or anything this happend on my plants in the last week or so to

StonedSmithy...so what do you think it is? and how did it affect your buds(potency, etc?) and your other plants?...is it still smokable/savable?
Thanks for the feedback.

Latest posts

Back