Help with picking out teens (what to look for)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Type_S150

Reaction score
We are finishing up our new grow room and we are just about ready to put some girls in there. We live in a med state so we have many vendors around that have teens available (around 1-1 1/2ft tall from clone) for a donation. Can somebody give me some pointers at what i should be looking for (like how many nodes they should have, etc) to make sure they are healthy and what not? We are still novice growers, and last time we started with clones about 4" tall. These (teens) are supposedly all ready for flowering. Thanks.

HI,

I get clones from buddies every once in a while and I always give them a close inspection before allowing them into my garden. Make sure they look nice healthy and green and are nice and perky looking. With clones I also use a natural insecticidal soap and give them a couple applications when I get them home. I usually really spray down the top and bottom of leaf surfaces and let it sit for a few minutes to do it's job and then I'll spray them with water to flush the excess off the plant.

Although the clones you're going to buy are close to your desired flower size, when you get them home you should transplant them into your flowering containers and if you have plenty of vertical space you may want to veg them for a week to 10 days after transplanting to get over any shock and start more root development before switching to 12/12. If you're ceiling space is limited you could transplant and switch to 12/12 right away and it should keep them a bit smaller during the stretch.

Happy Flowering!:cool:

this is fasinating to me, although the laws up here are a little more relaxed i have no opportunity to purchase clones i would love if i could but i cant.

go to seed selling web sites and research the strains that are available to you and make an educated decision.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back