Help with Strain Selection!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BuddyLuv

Ok I have three BC Northen Lights Producers
http://www.bcnorthernlights.com/gardens.htm

I am in need of help on strains. From what I gather I can grow 18 plants per unit using the SOG method and allow for about 2.5 to 3.0 feet in height. Does anybody here have any suggestions on strains the will produce both high yields and great quality. Sorry but I have been out of the game for ten years now and a lot has changed. I was going to order from Doc, but I really can't get a grip on his strain descriptions because they really don't offer that much info. Also I have a separate veg area that I will let them go in till they reach about 12 inches, and select mothers from for further propagation. I will be ordering tonight so please help.

welcome back to the game,i've been holdin it down for ya since you were gone =) as far as strains..you'll definitly notice hundreds of more strains than there were back in the day.alot of workers at the seedbanks have started their own banks.your best bet is to search through the strains,and when you have some selected,start a thread askin about peoples experience with em,i could list 50 good strains right now but just remember,as far as the harvest goes..theres too many factors beside the strain to determine a good yield.anyways,welcome back to the game,your at the best forum online..........period-peace

The New Girl said:
Hey Buddy,
I don't know about the lowr but you can't go wrong with white widow, AK47, blueberry, etc. You might want to think about the seedbank you use first to get your seeds and then see what they have for strains. I love the California orange I'm growing too.
Here's a link to seedbanks:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/MarijuanaSeedbankRating.php

Thanks,
I actually just ordered a good selection from what info I could gather. List as follows:
Blueberry
White Widow
Top 44 from nirvana
Bubblicious
Big Bud
Space Bud
Nirvana 4-way

I odrered a few packs ea. to several different addys. So hopefully some make it through.

Those are some nice strains. Make sure to start a Grow Journal.

Good Luck!

you should check out mandalea seeds too they are a new breeder but have great strains and will flourish in your said chosen style of grow :aok:

Dubbaman said:
you should check out mandalea seeds too they are a new breeder but have great strains and will flourish in your said chosen style of grow :aok:

I would order some but I can't seem to find a place. Their store is down till the end of the year and doc is out.

HMMM i thought i had just seen some at seed boutique too.

EDIT yeah they have 3 of mandalas strains there still hxxps://www.seedboutique.com/store/index.php?manufacturers_id=44

change the xs to ts in your search bar and it will take you right to them.

If I were you, I would think about quality, not quantity; having a strain that yields less yet provides you the high you desire is better than having a strain that yields greatly in short time but does not provide you the high you desire.

lol,you got the four way!!!! were gonna be the only ones in here growin that.my friend told me its the best smoke he's ever had.he grew it for 5 yrs.we'll have the first documented fourway on here.you picked some good strains,good job.oh -and if you ordered from nirvana or seedboutique,i'm 99% sure youll get them.theyre some good banks.anyways,nice to see someone else attempting the fourway-peace

Cornellius said:
If I were you, I would think about quality, not quantity; having a strain that yields less yet provides you the high you desire is better than having a strain that yields greatly in short time but does not provide you the high you desire.
to be honest I get hi very easily. I quess it is a blessing. I just want to produce enough to pay for the initial start-up costs and hook my buds up at the same time.

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
lol,you got the four way!!!! were gonna be the only ones in here growin that.my friend told me its the best smoke he's ever had.he grew it for 5 yrs.we'll have the first documented fourway on here.you picked some good strains,good job.oh -and if you ordered from nirvana or seedboutique,i'm 99% sure youll get them.theyre some good banks.anyways,nice to see someone else attempting the fourway-peace
Yeah I just couldn't resist because the buds looked really nice. I will be putting a journal together for my comeback to game.

BuddyLuv said:
to be honest I get hi very easily. I quess it is a blessing. I just want to produce enough to pay for the initial start-up costs and hook my buds up at the same time.

Same here, though I have little to no choice... Anyways, sativa gives you head high and indica gives you couch lock as sativa produces less buds, grows tall and matures later than most indica variaties, you may love to have a head high unless you are a medical user for its painkilling properties...

yea dude,my friend told me he seen many people puke off that fourway.he also said when he was dryin it out,you could smell it throughout and outside his house.i trust him so thats what made me want to grow it.i read it does good if your faced with high temp also....time will tell.maybe between me and you,we can make some others think about growin it.i think its probably an under rated strain..who knows,well see.anyways,i look forward to the journal.-peace

Latest posts

Back