help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganjawarrior

Reaction score
Is a normal 60 watt houshold light good enough to get my seeds to pop out i have just potted them

Incandescent bulbs are worthless for growing anything as their light is in the wrong spectrum and is very low power. If you want to use it just to warm the soil a bit while they germinate, that is ok, but once they do germ then you need to get them under a florescent bulb that is in the 6500k spectrum. The light emitted from this type of bulb will be very bright white to almost blue looking as opposed to the yellow light of standard bulbs. I recommend that you get a nice T5HO light fixture for vegging plants inside and keep it close to them, about 3-5inches :)

Ok thanks hushpuppy i will get a T5 light over them. How long should i leave them under the T5 light b4 i put them under a 600 watt?

Seeds under a grow medium need no light, only warmth, when they pop they will grow with vigor the first 2 weeks, no seedling needs light till the cotyledons drops, when the cotyledons drop then it is time for the growth light, such as a T5, on week 3, hit them with the 600, put your hand on the tips of the plant, lower the 600 till the back of your hand feels hot, this is the height of the light needs to be to force fastest growth, if you need a slower growth, lower the light to the back of your hand until your hand feels warm, not hot, personally I would start young saplings with a 250, then go to a 600, but if you only have a 600, then you have to work with what you have.

:peace:

Latest posts

Back