HemperFi's Second Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemperFi

Reaction score
I guess it's time to begin this journal. The babies have grown well. I'm thinking they are plants now and no longer babies. I transplanted them (all but the Moby ****) into one gallon pots and into their new soil. I didn't fert them. I just PHed the water and added calMag. I want to see how they like the new dirt. I was just going to transplant the triploid Satori, but she had such nice roots I figured they were all ready for the move. I stirred a gallon of water into the soil before I began and washed all the pots. It didn't take long, and it wasn't as traumatic for me as it was last year. Just a routine transplant. :) Here are a few pics. Tell me what you think.

100_1265.jpg

100_1266.jpg

100_1267.jpg

100_1268.jpg

100_1269.jpg

They are getting to be kids and not babies. They are looking wonderful and appear ready for their new pots. I do believe that I would have fed them nutes and waited on the Cal-Mag. I find that with GH nutes that I never needed Cal-Mag until flowering.

Everything gets easier with time and experience. Transplanting is really not that scary is it?

Nice roots and nice plants. Looking forward to your journal.

Hemper
Looking good. How long are you planning to leave them in the 1 Gal's?

lookin good Hemper... I should have my first babies above ground tonight hopefully.... :48:

The Hemp Goddess said:
They are getting to be kids and not babies. They are looking wonderful and appear ready for their new pots. I do believe that I would have fed them nutes and waited on the Cal-Mag. I find that with GH nutes that I never needed Cal-Mag until flowering.

Everything gets easier with time and experience. Transplanting is really not that scary is it?

I thought about giving them nutes, Goddess, but I kinda want to see how hot the soil is, and I also thought they might need some Cal-Mag. I did put some sweet lime in the soil though....

It does get easier. I even dropped the Veneno, but it fell right into the hole I had made for it in the pot :)

I also turned the light down to 400w -- I figure it will help the roots get established. Am I wrong?

Thank you for the nice compliment -- I believe they look wonderful as well. :)

Peace

tastyness said:
Hemper
Looking good. How long are you planning to leave them in the 1 Gal's?

Hey Tasty. I will leave them in the one gallon pots until I am ready to turn them to 12/12 -- I will fimm them and LST them in vedge. Wish me luck. I will also clone them in vedge. I have nearly finished that book you gave me -- interesting. I learned a lot, and the pictures are wonderful.

Peace

Rosebud said:
Looking good as expected. Is this fun or what?

It's more than just fun, Rosy. I get such a thrill out of this sport, and there is something deep down going on too. Something in my soul....

Peace

You are a master grower, Ant. Your babies will come forth, and they will be amazing. I'm sure...

Thanks, Junior. I'm excited about this grow. I have five strains growing, and they are all great genetics, so I'll be able to clone some dankness for sure.

Peace

Thanks Gourmet, Ia am really digging this grow :)

Peace

I'm going to get some of those orange balls Tasty put on the top of her plants. (hydrotron?) I see them all the time at the hydro store. I like the idea that the roots can use all of the soil and the fact that you don't disturb the soil when watering/feeding.

Hemper- the balls come in different sizes. Not sure which ones I used, the new bag I have for next grow is much smaller.
I really like this setup- makes watering easy and IMHO is keeping fungus gnats away.
They do grow right up to the top - I did extensive dissection of the males when I killed them.
Glad you liked the book-had some erroneous info (what book doesn't) but had quite a few tips & tricks I liked.
Let me know when you are ready for the next one (tee hee)

HemperFi said:
I thought about giving them nutes, Goddess, but I kinda want to see how hot the soil is, and I also thought they might need some Cal-Mag. I did put some sweet lime in the soil though....

It does get easier. I even dropped the Veneno, but it fell right into the hole I had made for it in the pot :)

I also turned the light down to 400w -- I figure it will help the roots get established. Am I wrong?

Thank you for the nice compliment -- I believe they look wonderful as well. :)

Peace

I think the 400W is a good idea. Better too little nutes than too many. They look nice and green and happy.

There is something about this growing that gets into your soul, isn't there. I cannot imagine not having a grow going....I'm not sure what I would do with my time. I'm also not sure I could afford to smoke. Also, the very thought of even having to go out and try and find some street stuff is horrifying :eek:

I hear ya, Goddess. Some kind of spiritual connectivity is going on between myself and these plants -- it feels good. I also hear ya about going in search of street weed again, though I may be doing just that before these beauties are ready to smoke. It is my mission this year to grow enough to last a long time and of a quality I can be proud to share with others. Life is good when your plants and your friends are happy :)

Peace

For me it is a connection to the earth..

(far out man) I sounded like i was 18 again.

Latest posts

Back