Hermie Genetics?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anarchist_UK

Don't conform to society
Reaction score
I hear a lot of advice (I'm not saying it's wrong, just wondering why) that say that seeds from a hermie that has polinated It's self are bad. Is this just becasue they'll be hermie seeds or is it the inbreeding depression?

Becasue if it's just becasue they're hermies, why couldn't you just remove all the polen sacs, and take the bud from it?

Thanks.

Anarchist_UK said:
I hear a lot of advice (I'm not saying it's wrong, just wondering why) that say that seeds from a hermie that has polinated It's self are bad. Is this just becasue they'll be hermie seeds or is it the inbreeding depression?

Becasue if it's just becasue they're hermies, why couldn't you just remove all the polen sacs, and take the bud from it?

Thanks.

Hermies procreate hermies. Many times it is impossible to remove the pollen sacs. Some grow deep inside the bud and are hidden. Some people have grows that are huge and it is impossible to physically check every plant for nanners. A bud that has been pollinated can have 75% or so of its weight in seeds and the remainder in (usually lower quality) bud. When plants are pollinated, they use most of their energy making seeds, rather than THC. While you can get some decent bud from hermies, it usually isn't what you would have in both quality and quantity as if the plant was not pollinated.

I am glad you asked it. Cuz If I hadn't found your asking, or some one elses, I would be asking it myself. Thanks for saving me the time, and the ones who know, the frustration of repeating them selves.

The Ones Who Know, (you know who you are) Thanks for all the fish.
_him

Latest posts

Back