Hermie in Flowering Med Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry mojave'... If ever anyone did NOT deserve this....:(
Ahhh, but it is only one of the risks when receiving seeds from incompetent, unskilled "seed makers"/pollen chuckers". Of course, they mean well, but passing crap genetics around, even when they are free, is detrimental to everyone in the growing community.
Just look at the additional stress, inconvenience, trouble it has brought upon you. Shame on that grower for putting you in this situation. But I'm betting it made him feel/look like a big-shot when he was passing them around. Making lotsa' friends, 'cause everybody wants FREE beans. Now they're all running to their closet searching for the stray staminate flower that will, essentialy ruin their entire crop. Whatta' guy!!!
"Purple Frosting".???? ...likely an accidental pollination of staminate hermie flowers to some questionable purple female?....or possibly even a S1(selfed hermie pollination).
Obviously not a well selected cross of two outstanding male/female specimens.

Kill the thing and maybe put the other frosting out in the cold? Your temps there cant be much under 50f on a regular basis? This storm is almost past...how bout put the second one out and let it finish outside (I wouldnt even cover it (cept in rain,or move it under cover), it should stay in flower this time of year and if it decides to revedge, you got a start on some new growth!), just in case....

Shoot. How does that country song go, "I'm so depressed I don't know whether to kill myself or go bowling" ???
If your headed bowling.....I want to watch! Buck up girl, all is not lost. You got some sweet smoke to look forward to, your half way thru flower right? You got more seeds that are bone fide store bought seeds.... Your AI are safe, your Autos are likey to be safe, and...
as 2Dog said, her's only seeded near the hermi. Same thing with Zip, only the plant near the hermi, seeded. All is NOT lost.

AND....Today is Another Day! or some such Scarlet saying.

Hey Hick to only problem anymore is that "breeders" subcool is a good example are selling seed that are known to hermi and they are defending then because of the amount of THC the plants produce this is wrong. If you are going to make seeds you should be sure that the plants have a high abuse threshold before crossing them. Any plant I plan to make seed with is light abused stress abused and phycily(?) abused.

MM axe it I made a mistake and tried to keep it and hosed myself Good luck and will send positve vibes your way love your attitude all go no quit:hubba:

Okay, thanks all! Today, I found the other PF is hermied, too. So now two of them are outside in the rain.

New question.

These are nice and crystally. They are only day 40 in flowering though (day 47 of 12/12) and the trichs are about half and half--half cloudy, half clear. No amber yet, tho, of course.

So I'm wondering if it's worth trimming them and using them for a tincture? I have a gallon of Everclear here, and I could do the whole thing outside. It's raining on and off, so I don't think I'll have to worry too much about the pollen, and I can spritz myself off before coming back into the house.

Is it worth attempting to do this, or will the results be not worth the chance of harvesting these early?

I'm just trying to think ahead to when I might run out before the next grow is completed.

The good news is I think the vegging plants are okay. I hope. The seeds are almost all from Nirvana or Attitude. And the two plants that aren't are from a 35 year old Humboldt Wizard strain that the grower (different grower) has not had hermie problems with.

Should I do it or not?

ROFL, TC! Yes, I am nearly desperate enough to try bowling again. I hope Hamster isn't reading this, but bowling is something I love but can't do. I hope I will become a better grower in time than I did as a bowler.

Back a gazillion years ago, I was disheartened because I could never get my bowling average above 137. So I took lessons. When I finished, my average went down to 87!

May my luck as a wannabe grower be a bit better....<G>

Thank you all for your good cheer and for your great advice. I feel much better now. What happens, happens. And with any luck, I'll have better grows in the future.

If you have trichs turning cloudy, then I would say you should be able to get a pretty potent tincture from it, or even edibles. I would do this. Just stay clear of the rest of the grow, until done, and showered etc...you know take the precautions to not get pollen in the grow. But yes, it should work fine for that.

OZZY agreed on the other breeders releasing known hermi genetics...I lost whatever interest I had in buying anything from subcool after he admitted to releasing a known hermi...and I don't care what he tries to say about it being well documented...it sure looks like he was trying to hide the fact in not putting anything about it in his description of the JC2, or anything in his book. I wish I had not even wasted the money on his book now honestly. I will not buy seeds from him now. I agree with you 100% on "known" breeders releasing hermi genetics...they should be banned.

MM go bowling you will have fun dont give me that I crippled bull, you can do anything you put your mind to. I have a buddy in a wheelchair that complained he could not hunt anymore, I had his wife get him dressed for the outdoor straped him in back of the pickup gave him a gun 3 hrs later he shot a deer you can't keep him out the woods now. We even cut and cleared paths for his powerwheel chair on his parents and my families properties.
Don't let nothing stop you from doing the thing you want to do.

To answer you question you can make tincture or hash out of those plants with no problem. I am looking for my grandpas way to make tincture and cant find it. I remember making it just want to be sure I am not forgeting any thing.

We would take a glass jug with filled with brokenup buds and put it under the worm drip and fill it til the buds were under the shine, shake daily for a week then strain and then put the jug with the strained alcohol in a hot water bath(double boiler) and evaporate til the tincture reach the half was point. I just can't remember )to many :joint: ago) what temp to keep it at it was not very high I think around 160 to 170 degrees F

Ozzy, trust me, I don't use my disability as an excuse! When I was a bad bowler I had LEGS! I just am not a natural bowler. And with lessons, I got worse! But I have done a lot of stuff in my chair, and I am out running the dogs every day in my fast powerchair (I have two--one for house, one for outside.) I use chainsaws to cut down trees, I dig trenches, I lay sod, I do everything I can. I even got a speeding ticket in my chair. I am the original wild child and now a wild woman! There are things I can't do now, like reach stuff up high, but I am really a very active wheeler. Nothing stops me but pain, really!!!

Thanks for the thumbs up on the tincture and hash. Hash I don't think I can do, because of the stirring it takes, but tincture I can do just fine.

Okay, reading through your post--what's a worm drip? Slow drip, you mean?
I made some with my last grow and used the Green Dragon recipe. Turned out very nice and potent. But that was with fully mature trichs..at least 1/2 amber. Glad to know these hermies may work for something!

You made my day. THANKS!!!!!

MM I was not trying in any way to be mean but I hate to see people not enjoy life to its fullist the human mind is unstopable Steven Hawkens(?) has proved that

worm drip is where the moonshine comes out the thumper on a still. Sorry I have been around moonshiners to long and forget other people have not a clue what we are talking part of the time

:shocked: Chainsaw!! You should be able to run a drill with a coathanger shaped like a ? long enough it make hash

MM, can you put a big leaf bag over your hermie with some of that tape you use and move it away to simply dry out (with the plastic bag off), maybe in a cardboard box? If you make edibles out of the dried up plant you should still get medicine... maybe even tea for medicine, it's a lot easier and faster. You could use a dehydrator if necessary.. or your oven on low. Of course it wouldn't be as strong as bud, but you could get something out of it. I'm just getting started myself, so maybe that is not a good idea. I know you don't want to risk the others, but it couldn't be more moving around than when you moved them to spray alcohol. Hey, I know, keep the hermie in the trunk of your car to "finish", :eek: All kidding aside, I wish you the best with your remaining plants.

LOL, I guess I didn't read to the end before posting. I'm glad you will use your plant and not axe it. A tincture is a great idea. I have recipes for hash that are doable by you. One cookbook I have gives several methods, including washing machine hash, ???! :giggle:

MM the new Skunk Mag has a tincture recipe in it if you need one...I had another mag with a recipe in it, but I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks, Legalize! I tried to find it online, but you can only get it by subscribing. It's a bit too pricey for my pocketbook right now.

Well, today I found a couple seeds on my last Purple Frosting. I could not find any nanners, but there could be a tiny one hiding inside the bud somewhere. I don't know. I just don't trust it now, so I'm putting it outside with the others slated to be tincture in a few days. I'm letting the rain flush them right now.

I have 4 plants left in Flower now. 1 Widow, 1 Hawaiian, 1 Purple Bud and 1 Purple Kush. So far they are looking terrific with no signs of seeds.

If I keep these three outside and put a bag over them at night, plus take them out front when I take the other plants outside for sunning (if we ever get sun again!), will I be pretty safe in not pollenating the other plants?

I'd like to let them grow a few more weeks to see if I can get more cloudy and some amber trichs. I'm assuming that will make the tincture more potent, right?

Hermies3PF.jpg

HermieTrichs.jpg

MM, look in granny storm crows reference, in the med forum, the heading is...Methods of use...tincture. TC and ROSEBUD were lookin also, don't know if they found it or not.
too bad bout the hermis, good luck. $$

MM...for you I will type out the directions for this tincture that was published in Skunk...if you need it, if you don't then it will save my finger cramps...lol, but I would gladdly type it all out for you!

I would be very careful about haveing those hermis anywhere near your other plants if thats what you were saying in that last post...your wanting to try to keep them so the trichs can turn? Am I reading that right? Pollen can travel a good distance on a short breeze. If they are already turning cloudy they should work for a tincture. Try keeping them in their pots but keep them in complete darkness for a few days before chopping, like in a box. There are some thoughts that 3 days of darkness will increase trichs...alot of people believe in this theory...this would be a perfect opportunity to see if it works.

I hope things go well for you the rest of the grow! Hope your Michigan friend gets feeling better to!

OH, rats, Legalize. Sigh. I know you're right. Pollen travels far in a breeze---yes, is sure does, so imagine how far it must travel in the desert winds that howl through here regularly. I'm double-doomed.

Okay. Tomorrow morning. I'll do the dastardly deed. :eek:

Legalize, thank you so much for that oh-so-generous--and torturous--offer of typing up the whole recipe. Yes, of course I'm interested in knowing about a new tincture recipe! But listen--I don't want you to do anything illegal.

How about this: maybe sort of paraphrase the recipe--lets say, share some of the unique features we haven't already seen in the Green Dragon and other tincture recipes, or talk about an ingredient you find intriguing or a point about temperature or something.

That way, your fingers won't go numb typing so much :laugh:, and we can just talk about our favorite recipes and why we like them. No copyright violation.

Whew. I am nicely fried right now, and ready for bed. My GF from Michigan is busy watching Conan, who always resembles the rotating Bob's Big Boy statue to me.

The back of my eyes seem mighty enticing.

Hey, thanks for all your ideas and suggestions, everyone. And your reality checks (thx Legalize). Oh, and if I don't turn up here by noon admitting to have done the chop on my plants, please NEG REP me!

Fa$t! You are last but not least. Granny Storm Crow's thread is a good one. I just didn't see my particular question answered. But you reminded me to go back and re-read it all. THANK YOU!!!

I have found some good recipes here: hXXp://www.lycaeum.org/~sky/data/cooking.html

Thank You THG! Your timing was perfect, too. I will be starting my tincture as soon as these plants dry a bit.

Legalize, you don't have to Neg Rep me now. I did the dastardly deed without so much as a Eulogy. Amazing just how motivated you can be when you deny yourself a chance to empty your bladder first thing when you wake up, tell yourself, "No bathroom visit 'til you chop those plants!" then go outside in your nightgown when it's windy and 40 degrees.

Amazing what a chilly morning, a filmy nylon gown and a full bladder will do to as a motivator!

Sorry to to hear about the him MojaveMama.

I bet the tires were smoking on that chair:laugh: you did not do any one wheel turns did ya?

Latest posts

Back