Hey everybody (I am Alive!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insane

Reaction score
Hey everybody. Just wanted to have a shout out to all the old buds I know on here. Anywho, you're all probably wondering about my disappearing act, but sadly I've moved to a different Province in Canada where the laws on growing are very harsh, about as harsh as living in the states :eek:

Anyway along with this move I lost my place to grow, and lost my time to grow. Some of you may or may not know but the Oil&Gas Industry is booming in northern Canada, and I've spent the last bit of my life living in work camps, making tons of money mind you, but unable to continue my growing passion for obvious reasons. Anyway, just wanted to say hey, let you all know that I am still alive and will be skulking around the forums from time to time.

Good luck and good growing to all! :D

Well whats going on my brother from another mother. :D Damn man it's been along time since you been around hasen't it. I figured your arse was out making money you hard working fool. :p Bummer that ya can't grow but i'm sure you will have something going on in the near future. ;) Glad everything is going great your way and don't be a stranger you stranger. :rofl: Time to get something to eat.

Good to hear theres a fellow brother on the same path!! I follow the same line of employment here in Alaska. Grow my few babies in the winter and work in the industry in the summer. My partner in crime is off building ice roads on the slope. BTW: CANADA MY ***!!! IT'S ALASKA'S GAS!!! LOL..Take care my friend!! Do you guys see our anti-Canada ads on tv over there where our Governer wants only Alaska to build the pipeline?? Maybe I'll see ya on a rig..

Only Alaska building the Pipeline? LOL Yeah right! Only reason the states wants to do that is cause they know how much Oil is in Northern Alberta and they want us to leave it alone till you guys invade!! LOL:p

There's wayyy to much oil in the Northern Alberta Oil Sands to just leave it sittin' there! Plus I'd be out of the job.. lol ;)

LOL....Alaska...Our OWN little piece of Canada..

Oil is oil and gold is gold....We all beed red..

I dont see why we bolth dont just work together and get it done...I hear ya, I'll be jobless if we dont move to Alberta OR tap the denali reserves in 3 years and you'll be jobless if we win the "All Alaska pipeline" bid....So why even factor in borders? Split the cost and profit right down the middle....

Anyway off my soapbox...lol...I'm baked..

Stay warm and eat well Prudhoe is still -20*f.

I guess they are hard on pot in Alberta but a buddy of mine went out there to work and LANGUAGE EDIT. NO CUSSING., says it's everywhere. The laws on pot are uniform across the country and is under the criminal code of Canada. There is no difference in criminal law between one province and another, although the police in one place may choose to enforce it more than those in another.

Yeah it's sad, in some of the camps I've been to guys will go door to door selling the crap, and I'm always more than happy to tell them where to go. That's the thing about workin up in the camps, you meet a lot of very sketchy people and have to keep "your eye on the prize" as they say. Another ever sadder thing is that most of the best camps to work in are dry/drug free camps, and if caught with any "contraband" you're gone, forfeitting whatever pay you earned from the pay period. The rules are tough to live by, but it does well to keep you focused on your work, which really, if I'm working 16 hours a day for 4 weeks, doesn't bother me. I'll have my fun when I come back to town ;)

Dang Insane, that sounds like crazy work dude. That's not 7 days a week for 4 weeks straight is it?

Well sometimes I take Sunday off but when I do the guys I work with give me hell lol

Latest posts

Back