hey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wesley

da dopeman
Reaction score
im ordering a few auto flower strains not sure what ones yet i wanna make my own seeds because of the price and yeild so i wanna no if i am able to do this in one room an nt have t pollnate all my females thanks 4 any help

if you dont want all your females pollinated you will have to remove the male and select one female or just a branch to pollinate ,,,,:peace:

s if i pull the male out collect pollen put it on her can i put her back with the rest and do i put the polin on the hairs that first come out thanks

hw many weeks should she be to pollenate to

yes but i would wet the ladie first before you pollinate so the pollen doesnt fall of and latch on to the others :peace:

If you wanna selectively polleninate.... remove the plant from the grow and then polleninate. Use a q-tip to polleninate your selected buds and mark the branch with a twist tie or something along those lines.....

Using this method should reduce or eliminate extra pollen into the grow room and breeding the rest of your girls.....

Best thing to do would be to make a separate area for your breeding though...

Best of luck to ya :)

you can pollinate your female about 2-3weeks into flower ,,,to give the seeds at least 4 weeks to mature ,,,,,if im wrong hopefully someone will correct me :p
goodluck :peace:

ok... before you go messing things up for yerself, I'll tell ya what you should do... :cool:

veg all yer plants together - won't do no harm.
you should be able to tell the sex, possibly, by the time you start flowering. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35407
when you start flowering, start inspecting daily, and after a week or so, your males should start to "drop their junk" (producing pollen sacks) - don't worry... they will just start growing their pollen sacks... pollen actually being released is still a ways away...
take the males and isolate them away from the flowering room - if u have a box or something in a room, put the male in a different room... on another floor, if possible - just somewhere with little or no air movement... a window sill in a corner works good... just be aware of heater registers if u have fan forced heating.

Just let the male finish blooming at it's own light source separate from the grow and collect the pollen as he drops his load... I, myself, would tie down branches with pollen sacks on them over top of tin foil to collect the pollen when the sacks open up. They start out green, then go yellow as they mature, and open up.

Every time you've been around yer little dude when he's been having a good time, you have to wash up and change your clothes if you plan on going in yer flower area again.

When you've selected yer female to pollinate, take it out of the flower area. use a Dry Q-tip or paintbrush dipped in the pollen to brush over the pistils (little white hairs).

wait a good 30 mins, then lightly mist the plant to kill any stray pollen that might contaminate the flower area. - the water will kill excess pollen, this is why u use a dry implement to pollinate with ... then go wash up again yerself, cuz yer going back in the flower area, and you prob got pollen on you and/or your clothes yerself... ;)

put 'er back in the flower area and yer good 'ta go :cool:

simple steps to follow, but u should do them them way I told you, or yer gunna be :hairpull:

just like having sex in real life... if yer not careful/protect yerself... you could get yerself into trouble with unwanted pregnancies (pollinations)....

This is very helpful! tnx! i put my male out on the window with a custom pollen catcher and it worked like a charm!

Latest posts

Back