Hi everyone thanks for having me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super soil shouldn't need anything other than water for feeding and it's a heavily amended mixture aimed at making a harvest easy. I'm pretty sure there's bagged super soil for sale out there. Subcool, I think has his name on some.

Welcome RB!
Anything we can help with just ask.
There's some real good folks here that have real skills!

Super soil is AWESOME!
Its also a big job to make. Well worth the effort if possible.
There are several super soils you can purchase online however they are quite costly.
Using it in the past what worked well for me was to fill the bottom 1/3-1/2 of your container with SS then top off with Fox farm ocean forest.
Then it was water only till harvest. In the ground the same principal is used in a pre dug hole.
I have well water high in minerals so I never had to use any supplements.

Super soil shouldn't need anything other than water for feeding and it's a heavily amended mixture aimed at making a harvest easy. I'm pretty sure there's bagged super soil for sale out there. Subcool, I think has his name on some.
Yeah I found a place to buy super soil and it's in my province of Saskatchewan Canada called budmud it's a local business and the prices are pretty darn good. And thanks for the reply much appreciated.

No, 1/3 SS is what's recommended.
I've used up to a half pot but that's a LOT of nutes and can burn a young plant up.
That's why you use SS in the bottom and regular soil on top. Give the babies a chance to get established and Hungry before they tap into the SS.
My choice was Fox Farm Ocean Forest on the top 2/3 of the pot. Its even a little hot for seedlings but I've not had any major issues with it.

side note: stay away from Mirical grow potting soil.
It comes out of the gate good but creates problems later.
Plus its a monsanto co. product.

Do you have any information about the SS you are buying at all? I would think that they would give mixing guidelines. Not all SS is alike. How many parts SS you use and how many parts regular soil you use depends on the supersoil you are using. I use NV's recipe and use 2 parts soil to 1 part super soil for smaller plants. If they are heavy feeders, I will mix 1:1 when I transplant. If I used 3 parts SS and 1 part soil, it would absolutely fry my plants.

I didn’t know you shouldn’t use FoxFarm full strength for seedlings ! I’ve had issues with some ! They don’t look like they are burning! I’m even fertilizing the little fellers with FoxFarm liquid fertilizer!

I didn’t know you shouldn’t use FoxFarm full strength for seedlings ! I’ve had issues with some ! They don’t look like they are burning! I’m even fertilizing the little fellers with FoxFarm liquid fertilizer!
Fox Farm of any type should hold you for almost 4 months with no feeding. Just straight water bro! Roots organics will get you roughly 3 months with out feeding.
Those are the only two soil brands I have used. So I can't list more for ya.

I do have to say that I have never been able to let my plants go 3-4 months without feeding regardless of the soil, and this includes Nouvelle's SS. Even with that I find that I have to supplement my grows with teas throughout the season.

Latest posts

Back