Home Grown Smell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djcoolj

Reaction score
I have had a great time with my first grow. It went off like clock work. great big buds, but as I cure the air tight contaner when opened smells like home grown. that being said the skunk smell when cut was every where. I mean the whole house smelled for days. when breaking the buds apart to smoke the smell is very skunky but if you took a bud and did not break it it smells home grown. is there help. By the way I have some of the best smoke ive ever had. thanks to all my freinds here I could not have done it with out your help. how do you get rid of the home grown smell.

im :confused: is it home grown your smelling ??:p

only playin with ya ,,,but ,,,idk the answer to the q :doh:

Don't sound like a problem to me. You hung it to dry out. Then brown paper bagged it for a week or two. Then went to cure it right?
Sounds like a winner

That what it is Home Grown... It the Best smoke...
I can't wait to get home to see mine Home Grown in 1 1/2 weeks..

djcoolj said:
smells like home grown.
it smells home grown.
good, you did something right then!

djcoolj said:
i have some of the best smoke ive ever had.
i really wouldn't worry about the smell then!

djcoolj said:
how do you get rid of the home grown smell.
try growing in a garage, maybe you will get that garage grown smell?

:hubba:

I can't wait for some one to hand me an overpriced baggy and tell me its garage bud!.
Let your soil dry up a little bit and carefully put it in a largere container.
This is why I DWC. Go from a little 2.5 gal to a 5 gal in a blink of an eye

I can't wait for some one to hand me an overpriced baggy and tell me its garage bud!.
Let your soil dry up a little bit and carefully put it in a largere container.
This is why I DWC. Go from a little 2.5 gal to a 5 gal in a blink of an eye

If you want it to smell like the stuff you probably find on the streets, "water cure" it. This will remove most of the smell.

I grew some skunk crosses myself, and 0.5 grams of that, in a double ziplock, would wreak up my car to 'get-busted-instantly' levels. Any kind of stash "I" kept, had to be in a room with a carbon filter, or the whole house would stink.

Goodluck :)

King Bud said:
"water cure" it.

Goodluck :)

That a new one there. Water cure. How does that work??
Does one take the buds and soak in water for a few days and then hand dry and lay out to final dry on a towel. !!
:holysheep: that sounds like Mold to me. So how does this work.?

soak in water for a few days and then hand dry and lay out to final dry
Right on.

I'm still experimenting with this myself. Here's some of the info I used:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5929&highlight=chlorophyll+cure+humidity
hxxp://www.mjp.com/ic/archive/index.php/t-437.html

Do it after 'curing'. Hang it, or lay it on mesh trays, and have a fan circulating the air in the room.

With this, I've never had mold, but know that I've never done it with more than 1/4 oz at once. I also break up any large buds, but I'm not sure if this is necessary.

Yeah, and adds useless weight so the bud makes more money for the dealer ...:confused2:

If he, like me, equates "homegrown smell" to the green planty smell of chlorophyll, then it just needs to cure longer.

Latest posts

Back