Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hola, OFC - Tinnitus? Check. Living on an aircraft carrier will do that for you. Mine comes and goes - I think barometric pressure affects mine, and it's really low here now. Foggy, wet, and warm in the Pines. Been raining for a couple days.

Just went to the store - 2 gallons of whole milk left, plenty of 1%. 1 loaf of good bread - in my freezer now. No ground beef, but (because it's Jawja) a f#ck-ton of fresh pork and chicken. My county still has no confirmed cases, but it's probably here already. Rescheduled my beach trip for next year - was really looking forward to some inshore fishing, but no dice.

Got 4 rolls of Lysol wipes from Amazon - took 16 days, but they came.

Getting time to FIM my ZDF and GDP and get 'em ready for the screen.

Stay safe, everyone! Peace out, and fire one up for me!

Joke of The Day

Joke: How do you manage pumpkin addiction?

Answer: Get a pumpkin patch..

To Help You Smile - We Need it.
62% of Kentuckians pronounce their state capital "Loo-uh-vul",

while 22% say "Loo-ee-ville.

Unfortunately, the correct pronunciation is "Frankfort".

Teacher: "Kids, what does the chicken give you?"
Student: "Meat!"
Teacher: "Very good! Now what does the pig give you?"
Student: "Bacon!"
Teacher: "Great! And what does the fat cow give you?"
Student: "Homework!"

Mornin ofc, yeah I got the tinnitus, 30 years of standing next to my best friend bangin his drums(he’s almost completely deaf), couldn’t have been that fender bassman on 10...also 20 years of table saws and routers screechin...mine only comes but never goes...I try to keep Some noise going and my hearing aids seem to help with the tinnitus masking as well..Nuthin goin on outside yet this morning but supposed to rain and then tomorrow they say snow...that ain’t in the spirit of spring but I guess it’s what we got...need to make a store run but we have to go out tomorrow for our usual meals on wheels delivery so we’ll try the store then...
Gotta change the res today and maybe see about flipping this group to flower...I’m afraid we gonna have to go buy some weed here pretty soon as I kinda fooled around too much with this group and we’re gonna run out before harvest...Well, maybe get to try some new strains then so I don’t mind...cheers all you jokers this mornin...

Last edited:
Good morning OFC

Back in the 70s I would go to a concert and my ears would ring for a day or two afterwards. I saw Deep Purple in 1974 and I don't think my ears ever stopped ringing. Someone told me back then Deep Purple held the Guinness Book for loudest band in the world. I don't think they keep records like that anymore. My car stereo 8 track system was incredibly loud and my love of handguns back then did not help my hearing. I have had ever increasing tinnitus since those days. Now I have music or TV on most all of the time so I don't notice the loud ringing in my ears so much. I sleep with a podcasts on so I don't pay so much attention to the ringing so I can sleep.

tenor.gif

Enjoy this day friends. Life is too short not to.

Just made a run to town...my oldest Sis text and asked if I had time to grab some things from Walmart for them...they are over 70 and live in the police State LA...I quickly agreed to shop and then meet them half way. I am here to say they have made headway on the supply chain...we had nice selection of breads...all variety's of meats were available..even seafood was back. Checked the local markets and they were fairly well stocked too. It is even pallet of stuff piling up in the midways now..if things are still short in your area I think it may let up soon.

just changed out my res for the bottom group and flipped the flower switch...I’ve got’m as spread out as I can...these plants have not even been sexed cuz I’m too lazy and the clones attempts all died so there’s that...the top plant is all organic and was flipped about a week ago, I see a little possible pistil in one of the tops but we’ll continue waiting to see boy or girl...
The others have not even seen a dark period yet so a couple weeks from knowing anything...but they grow like mad until I cut’m and I’m mostly thru with that other than selective cleanup as flower progresses...probably lose half of this to boyhood...I gotta get my clone act together but for now we just proceed...cheers
7D670360-796D-4735-A3AA-8CB4B32DDF4C.jpeg
031FB2A5-D340-41AC-86C6-AC81C5889846.jpeg

HP -- U got to gear up properly if U gonna be sliding around those police state roadblocks -- I suggest 2 stick on window stickers - So U have a choice depending on situation -- One say Clergy other say Press -- Personally I look good in One them priest collars !-- Anyway - U also need to hang some juju stuff from your rear view mirror - A pair of hand cuffs -- a stethoscope and one those crosses got that little fellow on it !- U get pulled over U might get let go out of pure confusion ?--

There is a Dollar General store about 10 miles from me. Somehow the word got out that they had toilet paper being delivered ??
This store is kinda isolated and out of the way. The Clerk had to call the Sheriff. Soon there were two Sheriffs Guarding the delivery. People had been trying to take the TP from the delivery truck before the TP was received into the Store.
The clerk said people told her they had driven up to 60 miles to find this place, That was last week. Craaazy….

Edit:SP
Edit: Still can't spell

Last edited:
Got company branding on my truck and a copy of Corp's inclusion letter as essential services...just like in Russia...I have papers!.. it is a good day when you score some catfish and Bluebell ice cream...new bottle of Pepperolio came in as well... so...I am on the high side of things for once. Read a few reports from Italy before the CV-19 took em down...the reports suggest a reduction of all 60% heart attack and nearly 40% reduction in strokes in users of chili peppers...I like the flavors...the oil takes some of the heat away and melds the flavors with food (wipes drool from corner of mouth)...plus fewer coronary events!

IMG_20200324_134006280_24.jpg

Insanity. Fortunately around here things are normal. TP disappeared almost immediately but its back now. They have signs up to limit the purchases made and special store hours for us old folks. Only problem with that is who told these brainiacs that seniors get up at 4:40 so they can shop at 6am. I got news for 'em. That shat went out with my farming days. In other words, "I'm retired. I git up at 10"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back