How cannabis has helped me...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like my title says I've been disabled since 1976 when the motorcycle I was passenger of left the road at 110+ mph and struck a culvert that shot me off the back like a rocket and when I finally hit the ground I broke my back shattering vertebras T11,T12,+L1, then fusing that area.
That day on pain became part of my everyday life. To my back, hip, and down my legs into the tips of my toes, pain + muscle spasms. Talk about the pain medication was on I think it would be easier listing the drugs that I haven't been on the list would be shorter, but after all the years of narcotics the doctors now have me using methadone, oxycodone, gabapentin, and valium. What I can't tell the doctor is that my home grown marijuana is what helps me the most because I live in one of those states that will fine you and put you in jail. I find that smoking MJ I no longer have to use the valium for my muscle spasms and searching for the strain that will help the back pain and burning, stabbing pain that hits my right hip area about every 10 minutes or so and can last a minute or two.
I know that cannabis is the answer and each winter I'll try to grow something else until I find the seed that will relieve my pain. Thanks Mr.420.

Diminishes and/or eradicates my irritability/agitation associated with manic-depression. I've had very little relief over last 35 years using meds (tons and tons of them) including shock treatment (x16). If I could only grow some goddamn weed now w/o something going wrong.

Thanks for sharing Mr. 420. Hope you come back and visit real soon.

ifsixwasnin9 I too find it helps alleviate my irritability, 'specially an indica. I couldn't imagine going through what you've been but your strength shows through. Peace, brother....

Just want to say....this thread is awesome! I have been reading it ever since I found it (and shortly thereafter posted how it helped me!).

Alll the different circumstances, illnesses, you name it, and here we are united around a little plant is shunned by society in most places....we humans are rare indeed lol.

I thank everyone for sharing and opening up here....I know the site is in straits and wish there was something more I could do....I think this thanks may be all I can afford :fid:

My story is different than most here. I'm 50 years old. I smoked pot about 4 times in high school, and about 4 times in college. The only other drug I ever tried was alcohol.

Fast forward to 45 years old. My sis-in-law gave me a joint. I smoked it and got so sick I threw up. I swore I'd never try it again. But a month later, I smoked with her and LOVED it. Not for pain relief; just for being high. So I decided to learn to grow my own. And now I have all the home-grown I can smoke. And then some.

I love being baked. And I love watching freaky movies while being baked. "Eraserhead" in particular. :)

But MJ also helps me lay off too much beer and wine. Which I appreciate.

MJ also gives me severe munchies sometimes, so I smoke only after dinner near bedtime. Else I'd weigh 400 lbs.

Thanks 7greeneyes what I wrote is a small part of what I've been through, I had so many surgeries on my back that healing became a problem due to all the scar tissue, but after the accident in "76" I learned a new trade in electrical apparatus that lasted 25 years when bone infection from leg brace sores took me out, (osteomyelitis) almost had to amputate my feet, then when I finally healed up and fitted for new leg braces and ambulating I was hit with a heart attack, so that was the end of working (2005) and using leg braces, 25 years working being paraplegia is pretty damn good, most give up after becoming disabled, but after being confined to using the wheelchair that's when my pain become much worse, and my doctor loved to write pain prescriptions until nothing worked anymore then he sent me to pain management and they use Methadone. Since Wisconsin is blind to the benefits of Marijuana you have to "break the law" using and growing this god given herb. I often thought about moving to one of the states that allow the use of medical marijuana but since I lived 58 years in Wisconsin it's hard to pack up my two basset hounds and leave LOL!!!
So like I said in my previous entry I was arrested once, that stopped me until all the probation was over, I'm going too continue growing to find the best pain killing SEED!!! Sorry if this bored you I'm new to the forum. Mr.420

not at all bud. Never bored hearing about ppl's lives. :)

Stay :stoned:,

7ge:D

cannabis:watchplant: has helped to get motivated, where as with the pills the VA gives me does nothing

lets see I was young when I started(peer pressure) I've always been an artist I could draw before I could walk and im not talking stick figs like most kids I had a natural grasp of 2 and 3 point perspectives im convinced I was an artist/black smith in another life, any way I noticed how MJ opened up my mind to awesome and varied avenues for my art more creative so to speak.
How ever later in life I started getting migraines and anxiety attacks and Drs. scare the crap out of me I feel most of them are pill pushing quaks that work for profit and the big pharm co's. I found that MJ is very effective with those ailments, its also a very effective nausea remedy.
I have many more reasons but I wont bore every one ::D:

thanks you for posting Marsrover1, I'll transpose this to the Island.

Great thread, this is really hard to write for many I'm sure.

Cannabis has been part of my life for many years. I can first remember it when I was about 7. My father was arrested for 1 tiny plant on top of our tv in the early 60's and he spent several years behind bars. I was told later in life the sheriff was there because he suspected my father had stolen guns. I'm not saying he wasn't involved, I don't know, he might have. I can say my dad was a biker in the 60's and a big ole boy. You don't usually get the nickname bear because your little. Anyway he had a wooden leg because he had been hit on his bike by a semi-truck so he was always searching for something to relieve his pain. After that alcohol and aspirin became his and my moms drugs of choice. It destroyed their lives and put them both in an early grave.

Me being the youngest sibling, my older brother had a lot of influence over me. He did about everything imaginable and I started to follow in his footsteps. But, after seeing the path of destruction that he was on, I stayed with cannabis. Over the years I tried many of the current trends but found them to not be agreeable with me, especially alcohol and the go fast drugs. Of all of them cannabis was the easiest on my system and I seemed to have better of control of my senses. It seems to motivate me, give me more compassion and a better awareness of my surroundings.

Now that I'm older it helps relieve the tension I have built up over the years of wickedness and corruption we have witnessed. I have real hard time with this. One of the best things I did to help with this besides cannabis was to stop watching the prime news channels and their MANY drug commercials. I was in advertising for a long time and I despise the con that our government has allowed big business to rape our society in the name of capitalism.

I have a young son (2nd marriage) which has seizures and it breaks my heart. I was fortunate enough to retire early and have since dedicated my life to helping him as much as possible. He has never used cannabis and I don't think he needs it, but I do, it motivates me to live on. This is what my son needs most of all.

Thank you for sharing your story 1lildog, I appreciate it very much, as do others.

Not trying to be a drug pusher but have you looked into cbd tinctures, it is the part of cannabis that is most therapeutic w/o the high which is a great thing for children suffering from seizures. Not saying it'sd a cure, just that it helps alleviate the symtoms.

Peace, brother, again thanks for posting, it makes a difference, imo...somehow...lol...

Yes, I really enjoyed reading about others in this thread. The stories are a great source of inspiration some how. As far as the cbd tinctures, I appreciate the information.

I will elaborate on my sons conditions. Although he has seizures, they are not very often anymore. In fact it has been years, but he is still susceptible, particularity when he is sick. Now that being said, he has other issues. We think that he might have had the cord around his neck when in the womb which cut off the oxygen supply to him. We think this explains the part of his brain which has scar tissue. Another issue is that he is missing his corpus callosum which connects the left and right side of the brain. He is close to 9 now but acts similar to a 1 or 2 year old. He can't say but a few words and not very well, can't walk, wears a diaper, etc...

So, there probably is no cure for him other than the doc says that eventually he should figure out how to route information without his corpus callosum. It will take time and patience and he will live a somewhat normal life, it will just be after I'm gone. On a positive note, although his advances are extremely slow, he is advancing and not declining. He is a good looking boy, smiles a lot, and gets a lot of love. On his recent report card the only negative was that he kisses everybody all the time. lol. Thanks for listening greeneyes, you've been a great (the best) resource on this site and everyone here knows this.

lovbnstoned said:
I have to thank a friend of my brother as, I had a tramatic event. my mother had terminal cancer, I stayed with her ( private room ) till she died, she died in my arms, n I thought I would go out of my head, with the lost of her. friend of my brother, pulled me outside , n handed me some relief for that evening, which commed me down to ,,to helped deal with what I had to do the next few days.
my mother was a woman,, that would give U her shirt off her back n help in anyway she good.... I miss dearly

lovbnstoned :cool: :icon_smile:
ol stoner :tokie:

Almost same thing happened to me with my mother. She was unconscious, and as I was holding and telling her how much I loved her, a tear rolled down her cheek and she died. Definitely one of the hardest moments in my life. I rely on cannabis for depression instead of pharmaceuticals (sorry drug czars, not really).

Thanks again for sharing 1lildog, didn't see this update till today.

Hey everyone I saw this and thought I would contribute my short story. I am 30 yrs old now, but started smoking back around 13-14. I noticed my old mans stash, kinda knew what it was but didn't take a puff till around the ages above. Neighborhood kids near buy started taking there dads beers and cigs and we would sit and pass the bottle. Not sure how they scored the bud back then. Soon they were chiefin like Indians soon after lol. I decided to try my dads stash, that way when I smoke with my friends I wouldn't trip out or be nervous. I didn't inhale my dads stash lol, so thinking I've got this. I was on my way home from school and had a TERRIBLE headache all day and turned to worse on my way home. I remember it being the worst headache ever, nausea, dizziness and it being in the high 90's that day. I past my neighbors house and the brothers hit me up, they ask if I wanted to smoke a bowl. I told them i felt like lousy and gave my symptoms. The younger brother said, Dude you know it will help with that headache! They didn't lie, I took two good hits and WAMMY nice head change and coughed up a lung lol. My headache was gone! In the end, I started trippin balls and went home to eat a 1/2 gallon of ice cream. It helps for my minor aches and pains, for when I feel depressed. It helps me in a weird spiritual aspect as well. I think that it helps in my martial arts training tremendously. I'm working on my black belt currently and when I train hard I go home and practice after I take a hit. I feel that it helps me connect to the movements. Anyway sorry to ramble but that's about that. I end this by saying marijuana is a wonderful plant, full of smiles and dreams. I hope that one day, the world will open there eyes and see this plant for what it truly is. Take care and be safe everyone.

Thanks for posting, Killertea08.

I completely understand what you're saying regarding the spirituality of the herb and I'm not a Rastafarian by any stretch of the word....lol... It's something binding within us all that have the passion for this plant.

Have a great one brother.

:peace:,

7greeneyes:)

Id like to say when i do smoke i can see better with or without my glasses also it helps me sleep i cant sleep sometimes for days one time it was 9 days with no sleep i ended up in the hospital and they gave me atavan i slept then so the weed relaxes me and takes away most of my pain i'v had my jaw brokin on the left side which effects my left eye mostly it makes me smile alot and i feel it should be legal every where it should be our choice not the dea's war on drugs that is so funny pot will never go away i been around this country for 57 years and i predict legalistion for all the usa in mybe the next 7 years i see that everything goes in cycles and our time has come the taxes yes is that the answer yes for a good thing look at drinking i use to drink alot and all i did was get in to trouble,but when i smoke i feel much much better and it takes away my depresion to and growing my own is a good hobby with good results the gov is finealy wakeing up look at all the people in jail mostly drugs i was there in a treatment prision guess what the doctor gave me narcotics because i got in to a fight and 3 ribs were brokein so also the man across from my bed had junk and benzoes so what was the point????????? And people walking aroung outside smoeking pot funny ha lol what is the point????? I no pot is a good thing and you will see soon big changes.8

Latest posts

Back