How colas develop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pistil

Member since 1999
Reaction score
Friends, gurus, once again i need your knowledge…. i'm wondering how MJ developes what you call "colas", those big bud locations. I tried to find an answer browsing in internet but i can't find a documentation that is explaining this process.

As many of you already knows i'm a beginner that is growing his first plants… i know that calixes and pistils grows at nodes locations but i can not understand how they lately become those very big array of flowers.

I'm confused, when i see a picture of a "cola" i see like a ton of pistils tied up together with few leafs emerging from it… this make me think that is impossible to obtain a cola if you have a too long nodes distance as i have (because my plants suffered of a lack of light in their first weeks of life).

How they works? Are they the sum of tons of calixes? If so, then, are they possible only if the plant have its nodes very close to each others? Or, maybe, the pistils grows up the stems till the next node?

Sorry for the stupid question, i'm trying to forecast how my different looking plants will produce their buds:eek:

A cola is just a bunch of nuggs close together, so yes large internodal gaps will affect cola size for sure, but if the plant has proper light and nutes it will do its best to make a cola.

Not stupid at all pilgrem ifin yual had stretch in the early then it be takin to time for the budds build up and pile onto one another. And even if the stretch be bad then yual will still develope budds at each branch/node then as time goes yual will see these areas slowly build onto one another and in time they beef up and pile on in time. Yual do just fine this here first grows you will, I have total faith in ya and the support of these fine folk here yu will fill pouch just fine. Then guess what! Once yual pipe to yu first product yual be hooked for life then it just gets better and better. be excited cause it goin be fun ride partner. Good luck we all here for ya.

BWD

Thanks dman! Thanks BWD!
Can't wait to see my first plants flowering, really!:icon_smile:
No problem if the yield will not be too much, it will make me happy even before having smoked it:D

Growin be half the fun other half be enjoyin what "you" grew!

Have fun

BWD

Latest posts

Back