How Do You Start A Seed Out After Germination?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shogun

Reaction score
do you put it in a jiffy cup thing or like on a seed starter.:confused: help me please.:)

Once you see a root put it in a cup of seedling soil. Go to a home and garden section of any home center and ask for soil to grow seedlings. Fill the cup loosely with soil, stick your finger in the middle 1/2" and drop the sprouted seed into the cup root side down. Loosely cover with soil and gently, but thouroughly water and get under light. I like to use a spray bottle and mist them every 12 hours. They will break through the soil within 72 hours. Good luck.

i only like to put them in a 1/4 in or less. but make sure they dont dry out completly

theyorker said:
Once you see a root put it in a cup of seedling soil. Go to a home and garden section of any home center and ask for soil to grow seedlings. Fill the cup loosely with soil, stick your finger in the middle 1/2" and drop the sprouted seed into the cup root side down. Loosely cover with soil and gently, but thouroughly water and get under light. I like to use a spray bottle and mist them every 12 hours. They will break through the soil within 72 hours. Good luck.

so its a type of soil?

im still kinda confused.....use a seed starter?

what he is saying is to just buy a bag of potting soil and bury it a quarter inch. You should search the forum's grow diarys or pick up a book at barns and noble on growing becuase this is not something that you want to go into not having a clue on how to garden... no offense, but everyone needs the basics for it to be worth while imo:peace:

all i did was put my seeds into a cup of water in the dark for a few days till they crack open. Take some rockwool or other grow medium and put ur new seeds in the rock wool, keep it moist and in the dark till shoots appear out the top, then place under light for 18 hours a day or even 24 hours a day depending on how intense your grow light is.

I hope you invested some cash into your grow otherwise it could all be for nothing

shogun said:
do you put it in a jiffy cup thing or like on a seed starter.:confused: help me please.:)

That's easy. You go and read around in the forum and find the information because it has been posted a million times already.

P.S.- Welcome to the forum.

pussum said:
That's easy. You go and read around in the forum and find the information because it has been posted a million times already.

P.S.- Welcome to the forum.

Thank you.

Wow those are really good vids. i guess i was one the right track with the jiffy pellets

Latest posts

Back