How Long for Good Bud Formation/Growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeds from one of those seedbanks you always see. Just gonna hang w/em and see what happens, thanks.

Thanks, I hope they turn out fine as the pressures on man. I used to grow indoors, but like 30 plus years ago, as such its all a distant memory
but I swear I thought back then my stuff was a bit more responsive. Anyway, an old friend whos pretty sick and has more of a "brown" thumb when it comes to growing anything, has asked me to grow this stuff for him as he really needs the meds and doesnt have the money to buy from those pot clubs. As such Im really hoping this stuff turns out good for him...we will see!

I have two grand daddy purple plants I received as clones, they are about 42 inches tall, about 4 weeks into 12/12 and no alternating nodes. The clones I pulled off of these plants do have alternating nodes.

glderguy said:
Thanks. Yes I must be patient. I believe plants were sexually mature at the time I put them to 12/12. I have a small grow tent, roughly 3 x 3 x 6 feet, pretty light proof. Two females, hempy buckets, GH Flora Nova, veg and bloom nutes.
I am oversized on fan, 6 inch inline vortex type fan on speed contol due to its size, it can suck in tent at its full 400cfm, so it is slowed down but still pulling adequate air changes per minute. Small stand alone fan for air circulation around plants. Temps average in 70s during light on cycle. 40 to 60 percent humidity. 400W HPS in cool tube on a seperate fan helps keep good temps and allows me to get light down close to plants.
Regardless of sexual maturity, most strains will take al least 2 weeks to start flowering real hard... What size area and how many plants are under the 400 watt light? Is your flowering chamber light-tight? Temps and humidity looks good, check your pH and nute concentrations... Nute lock will cause slow flowering, sounds like you're just getting a case of antsy pants! Be careful, many a potentially wonderful crop has been ruined by impatience! Lol good luck my friend!

babysnakess said:
I have two grand daddy purple plants I received as clones, they are about 42 inches tall, about 4 weeks into 12/12 and no alternating nodes. The clones I pulled off of these plants do have alternating nodes.

Maybe the mothers weren't sexually mature enough to flower yet? Did you allow them to heal from clipping clones before flowering? The plants need light to rejuvenate and switching to 12/12 before they heal completely slows this process... Did you switch your nutrients from veg to flowering nutes? No sign of sex at all?

I opened the door up today when lights came on and you guys are right....all of a sudden they are starting to take off....I think. Happened fast! Maybe you can see in this pic. Cola is around 5-6 inches and just getting going, hope it grows ALOT bigger! I got some cal mag as well. Do you think there are symptoms of a slight mag deficiency in the pic or is the purple just maybe a strain trait? I had this before many times back in the day.
Thanks again!

IMGA0319.JPG

I think it looks fine. I don't even see any purple at all or anything that looks like a problem.
Good looking plant in my opinion.

So what is it, 3 and 1/2 weeks now?

-SSF-

Thanks. Yes its about 3-1/2 to 4 weeks along...I should write this stuff down but never will! She/they just kinda hung out doing not much for quite a while but they are finally responding. Heres a pic of another one, same age but shes a little behind yet. I screwed up and over watered her a little, these ladies are actually quite finicky and they let you know it!
She will perk up in a day or so. Ive raised room temp up to 78-79 degrees,
this should lower my relative humidity to down in the 30% range and hopefully help her get rid of some of that water! Thanks again for looking.

IMGA0331.JPG

havent been here for a bit, one plant got sick, root problems, managed to save it. Second plant doing fine. Buds are really forming now. Heres a pic of the sickly one, Ive nursed it and think it is going to finish up OK although a bit small, its only 16 inches tall but main cola is 9 inches.
Thanks

almost.gif

I've read threads about people cutting clones off, rooting them, potting them and putting them into flower. Meaning the plant has 8-12 weeks of flower until ready to harvest. Producing about an ounce each.

I've also read threads where people VEG a plant for 4-5 months before flowering. Then produce 3lbs per plant.

Personally, I veg'd for two and a half months, Then put the plant into flower(again 8-12 weeks for flowering). My yield is unknown as I'm not quite at 4 weeks yet. BTW my natural plant is 5 feet tall. I LST'd the other one.

Yeah, many years ago used to do indoor grows and at first let plants grow
TALL.....my few friends who saw it thought it ws cool but in reality just below the canopy it was nothing but wisp, a complete waste of time, power, water, nutes, etc, etc. I eventually got over the tall indoor plant craze! Im looking for around 24-30 inches max this go around. My second plant is in that range, its very healthy, many many more buds and much more size to em than the sick plant pictured..... still pretty bushy so no pics yet til more leaves are used up and buds stand out better. I had to perform surgery on sickly plant, cut out bad roots, many light feedings making sure roots didnt get saturated til it got better...its no longer hempy, just half hempy/half soil now as I didnt have anymore perilite also poked drain holes in bottom of bucket. Pistil/hairs are starting to brown out, trichs are starting to become milky, I think I can nurse it thru to finish up.

glderguy said:
havent been here for a bit, one plant got sick, root problems, managed to save it. Second plant doing fine. Buds are really forming now. Heres a pic of the sickly one, Ive nursed it and think it is going to finish up OK although a bit small, its only 16 inches tall but main cola is 9 inches.
Thanks

Looking good :)
by my terrible math that makes her almost 7 weeks in flower?

-SSF-

Thanks.I dont write this stuff down I should though; but yes I think somewhere around 7 weeks. Heres a pic or two of my healthy one.

IMGA0371.JPG

IMGA0364.JPG

looking good olderguy. I like that second pic, it looks like your plant is giving me the finger.

-SSF-

I like that view/angle as well, never thought of it giving the finger but yes you are right! I thought of it more as a circle/archway of buds climbing up to the pinnacle of budness...the main cola...LOL. As seen below, in reality it just looks like a standard old plant pretty much......getting closer everyday! Buds really packing on heft now. Ive never done it before but am thinking about a nutrient free flush the last week before harvest. Thanks.

IMGA0363.JPG

Well, they are finished. Approx 9 weeks, harvested with trich milky white and a few amber. Couple of pics before they were hung to dry.
Thanks

IMGA0376.JPG

IMGA0377.JPG

IMGA0378.JPG

Seems awful green to me, let us know the smoke and harvest report!!! Congrats on the harvest!!!!

Roddy said:
Seems awful green to me, let us know the smoke and harvest report!!! Congrats on the harvest!!!!

Just means a little longer curing.

They look good glderguy

Latest posts

Back