how long should I

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenjerry

Green Jerry
Reaction score
I am starting my ladies at 24/0 lights...how long do I keep it at 24/0...do I keep it like that till I start the flowering stage of my ladies and then go to 12/12...

and also how long does it take to be able to harvest (from start to finish)...I have been reading many number like 60 to 90 days...if that is true is there a way to do it a little faster...thanks:hubba:

As far as how long to keep the 24 hours, there are a range of answers. Keep in mind that your plant may grow two to three times the height at which it enters flowering; so if vertical space is a consideration, consider height a factor. Many, Ed Rosenthal for example, suggest that anything beyond 17" pushes you past the point of diminishing returns as light may fail to reach the bottom of the plant.

In terms of rushing things, I would advise against it. Anything that you do to rush things may cause irreversible plant stress (nutrient burn, heat burn, & etc.). I counsel patience for best results.

Best,

GD

Some people keep the lights on 24 hours a day for vegging. However, those that do normally do that with fluorescent lights. I tried that once with my metal halide and it seemed to stress the plants out.

Once a man who seemed to be very knowledgeable about growing and plant physiology told me that certain critical metabolic processes can only take place at night. He therefore discouraged me from doing 24/0. However, on the other hand, there are many people with lots of experience and they do 24/0 with good results. Personally, I do 18/6 for vegging.

The 60 to 90 days you mentioned is probably the amount of time need to flower, but does not include the time needed for vegging. Be patient and enjoy the hobby, don't try to rush it. Haste makes waste, and what's the point in that?

Latest posts

Back