how long to show signs of floweing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazycraker

Reaction score
ive had my plants on a 12\12 cycle for about 2 months but just keeps growing leaves no buds, using flo lighting am i doing something wrong? in 5 gallon bucket light a few inches away from top leaves. in normal miracle grow soil. shound't i be seeing something by now?

:afroweed:

krazycraker said:
ive had my plants on a 12\12 cycle for about 2 months but just keeps growing leaves no buds, using flo lighting am i doing something wrong? in 5 gallon bucket light a few inches away from top leaves. in normal miracle grow soil. shound't i be seeing something by now?

:afroweed:

Wow 2 weeks is the norm anything after that and you have a problem...I would bet you have massive light leaks and your plants aren't really in a 12/12 as you think. Spend some time investigating that. I can assure you this idea of total black out is real...screw that stars and moon theories I read so much about. if you want good big, thick, fat, healthy buds thentotal darkness is a requirement.

47170461b01ec05aca.jpg

2 months man, you should be finnished and curing that bud by now!
you say your using flouros, how many, watts etc.
you deff have a problem, without a doubt as DLA allready said "two weeks" and you should see sex and pre-flowers.:eek:

thanks for your help, i know its in complete darkness, the lights im not real sure of watts theres 2 i bought them at home depot, does temp affect plants that much its in my basement kinda cool sometimes with this crazy wather lately.

krazycraker said:
thanks for your help, i know its in complete darkness, the lights im not real sure of watts theres 2 i bought them at home depot, does temp affect plants that much its in my basement kinda cool sometimes with this crazy wather lately.

I need to re-express this the lights have nothing to do with this. That's for your lights on time. If your plants are 2 months in a 12/12 light schedule and have shown nothing then they are not in a 12/12. Meaning a light leak. It's the shortened day that cause MJ to flower. If your plant is not getting a true short day(because of light leaks) then your just vegging and vegging under poor conditions.

If you don't have a light meter, borrow one. If your room is large enough for you to get in and darken then do that...I can guarantee you that you have light leaks. And from what I've read here, massive ones.

Please check your dark side.:rolleyes:

thanks again for the help but i can gurantee there are no light leaks my is in an old well with a door, no windows checked that numerous times, but thank you anyway.

only thing i can think of if it`s not "light leak" which would be the most obvious in the circumstances, it must be your lighting.
even with light leaks, i just thought that that increases the chance of them turning "hermie", unless as allready said it`s a massive leak:confused2: :bong2: :fly: :bong: :stoned: <just the way i like it!
BTW, have you been in your "well" during the dark periods to make sure?

thanks again for help, i have stepped into the "well" numerous times to verify darkness pitch black. what type of light would u suggest farly cheap? and also can i save this plant i have

MVC-001F.JPG

MVC-002F.JPG

KC, did you check for infestation of insects?
what lighting do you curently use, i,e wattage, cfl`s or HID fixtures or any other various bulbs? need more info man, don`t want to tell you to buy lights if you don`t need em:cool: . what soil mix, nutes that sort of thing.
going by the looks of them, i would revert back to veg. But check for the little terrorist mites and other critters first of all.
then tell us your humidity, temps and ph etc. The more we know, the better chance we`ll have to diagnose your specific problem.....
:fly: :fly:
Could be over-watering too. and yes, it can be saved as long as the problem gets fixed ASAP

I am only guessing here but, from the pics your girls don't look mature enough to flower. How old are those pictures? What are you using for air circulation? If I was you, I would put them under more light (18/6 or 24/0) until the nodes start alternating. Then go w/the 12/12.
Good luck with them!!

thanks everyone for the help, im going to put them back on 24/0 for awhile right now there in miracle grow potting soil, under 2 40 watt fluros, temp and humidity unsure of can get pretty cool in the room. do i needmore light? and warmer temp?

yeah to both your questions, need to keep temps at around 70-80F. what`s your ph?
how many plants total?
with the lighting you want to get between 3-5000 lumens a sq ft.you need mre light.
good luck man.;)don`t know what is the lowest temp she can take, but "i" wouldn`t let it drop below 65F.

Latest posts

Back