How many clones per plant can you make?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspector420

Rising Star
Reaction score
Hi all im new to the forums and am about to do my first grow. The genetics im going to be starting with (50 seeds) are :

Blueberry
AK48
Northern Light
K-2
Ice

Im just planning ahead trying to figure out about clones.

So , How many clones can you make off a plant? I know this may depend by strain, if you answer please give some examples.

Thx

It all depends on how many points it has.

the first time you clones you will only get 1, but after you cut that one, two mre will grow, then 4,

every time you take the top, 2 more branches will grow out.

I grow short stalky mothers and easly get 3-4 each every week.
I prefer large clones, but some people make small clones, in which you will get more.

So you guys have I asume 1-2 mothers, and It might take a few weeks to get a whole crop together and ready?

If your growing maybe 10 plants then you need 10 clones.. explain :D

you can grow 1 single mother very large and bushy and get 10+ clones.

the more light you have on the mother, the thicker, stronger, and taller your clones will be.

It all depends on your growing area, as to what works best.
in a cabinet, it is easyer to grow 1 large mother. On a table in is easyer to grow mutiple small mothers.

What do you think I should pop all my seeds or like 6 of each, 4? I dont want to screw around for months before I get some results. Its crossed my mind just to get feminized, I was going to pick up 20 of "The Doctor" but I choose this route insted.

So the light on the mother is robust? Or is it just enough for her to stay alive? Just floros on her?

big light a week or 2, before you need your clones,
just Floros to keep her alive during the times you don't need clones.

not sure about, how many seeds to plant,
Its 50/50 chance
I planted fem. seeds once. they were all hermi.

Just thought I'd chime in.
I always followed the 1/3 rule.
Never take more than 1/3 the plant mass at any cuttings session.
Example: if there are 10 branches then only take a max. of 3 cuttings. Then wait 1-2 weeks before the next session to allow the plant to recover. Of course the bigger and bushier the more cuttings can be taken.
IMHO

Yeah Ill have to remeber that 1/3 .... Id like to start with 5 of each strain I have so thats why im planning and learning ahead. So what I gather Ill be safe if I just keep 1 mother for each strain around. For the first crop I might not be able to get five. I hope I have 6 females in each pack lol not likely.

for me i need a map like point out what is this and what is that,and when to..and where to cut &prune,...anyone have that..like stages of the plants life to do what to it now...lol harvest?

I would only plant half your seeds as well, in case something goes wrong.

Latest posts

Back