How many Lights in a 10x12 room for max yield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AlbinoDanko12GA

wat size and how many lights would u guys go with for a 10 x 12 room??? im trying to get max yield in this room!!!!! i just want some ideas from all you fellow growers
thanks

AlbinoDanko12GA said:
wat size and how many lights would u guys go with for a 10 x 12 room??? im trying to get max yield in this room!!!!! i just want some ideas from all you fellow growers
thanks

4, 1000 watt HPS will give you just over 5000 lumen's per sq/ft

And with 24/7 usage of four 1000 watt lights, your power bill will increase by 2,784 Kw used per/month.

This will translate into about 300-400 dollars a month increase in your electric costs.

Is your electric company going to ignore this jump in usage?

ya thats wat i figured, pretty much i want 3 or 4 lights! probally 3 1000's so it will cheaper, there about $100 ea to run 24/7 right?? plus my ac is another $100 per month cuz it runs on 12 amps! im a legal prop 215 pateint so i believe they cant do anything about the jump! im not sure though but ill be legal!

IMO.....which means squat ! In my reading the new 600hps are throwin right at 1000 lumens at 600 watts useage. Thats why i bought 2 of them.
For you i would think 3 0r 4 would be the ticket !

Yeah that ! Sorry i need 2 posts so i can play in the arcade ! Peace out dawg ! Take care !

(3) 1,000 watts hps or (4) 600 watt hps
i personally run (2) 600 watt lights and find it sometimes hard to deal with the heat issue but if you can get some good inline fans and some hoods to run your duct to,you should be fine.legal or not,good luck with your grow.i persoanally can get more then enough bud outta two 600 watt hps but if you wanted to grow a bunch,and then have a bunch extra to last you.-peace

so how much do u get off 2 600's????

ya ive read around and see alot of people using 600's thats why i started this thread! so how do u think 4 600's would compare to 4 1000's???

im gonna be getting 2 8inch eclipse fans (around 750cfm) ea.

AlbinoDanko12GA said:
so how much do u get off 2 600's????

ya ive read around and see alot of people using 600's thats why i started this thread! so how do u think 4 600's would compare to 4 1000's???

im gonna be getting 2 8inch eclipse fans (around 750cfm) ea.

4 600 watt lights = ~ 360,000 lumens

4 1000 watt HPS lights = ~ 560,000 lumens

You want 5000 lumens per sq/ft for max yield, 10x12 = 120 sq/ft or 600,000 lumens needed. ( I was off on my first post )

Maybe you should down size your room.

no the room is a decent size, shoot i wanted it to be 10x20 instead of a 10x12 imho! im just trying to get ideas! i think im gonna go with 2 1000's on a light track! just so i can save some money on pge! 4 1000's would be atleast $400 alone! anyone have a light track they want to express about????? ive seen some for $250 but thats only for one light mover! so ill need to buy 2 light movers for both my lights! im trying to go cheap since my room cost me so much, i need to harvest one time before i blow it up with 4 or 6 lights!!!

A few things: First off, the best European and Aussie growers average a 1.5 lb to 2.0 lb yield per square metre, using 600w HPS bulbs; and that`s using HPS from veg to flower, and no MH`s. Some will supplement with UVB in the latter stage of flowering. That is the real bench mark, in my opinion. As someone else observed, the 600w HPS bulb is the most efficient bulb, bar none. That means you get more bang for the buck, in terms of your electricity.

The second thing is, the most limiting growth factor in most good or well-run indoor gardens is not the light, but the C02 which drives photosynthesis. You cannot maximize the full yield potential of a 600w HPS bulb without C02 supplementation. If that is true of the 600w bulb, it is even more so true of the 1000w bulb.

The average C02 level in a well ventilated grow room is about 350-400 ppm. Between 30 to 60 watts per square foot, increase C02 to 1000 ppm and you will maximize yields; that is, only if all the other limiting factors have been properly addressed. Between 60 to 100 watts per square foot, it will require boosting supplementation to 1500-2000 ppm to maximize photosynthesis and yeilds.

If you do not intend to introduce C02 supplementation, then the 600w bulb per square metre light system is more than sufficient. C02 supplementation, though, is essential if you room is closed off, and not equipped with a good ventilation system, for renewing the air and C02 levels. If the C02 level drops below 200 ppm, then photosynthesis virutally stops and your yield will suck huge! Also, with higher C02 levels, your babies can take more heat without getting all stressed out over it, which also obstructs maximum yields.

StoneyBud said:
And with 24/7 usage of four 1000 watt lights, your power bill will increase by 2,784 Kw used per/month.

This will translate into about 300-400 dollars a month increase in your electric costs.

Is your electric company going to ignore this jump in usage?

Good point Stoney...when i first started up ..i was contacted by my power company..now this was after 3 months of running shed full out...Now i simply told them that I ahd just got custudy of my children..my home is not energy officient and they like to stay warm..and for some reason i cant get them to turn a dam light off or the tele...the operator on other end said" Say no more...we just wanted to be sure you are aware of this increase.". and they went on about a budgt plan to help break the payments up..only have one big bill a year..that will help..But i say pay the bill and you will be okay..hope this helps..take care and be safe

purplephazes said:
Yeah that ! Sorry i need 2 posts so i can play in the arcade ! Peace out dawg ! Take care !

:rofl: purple..you run outta quarters huh?:p

DONT FORGET.

For every watt you add to the room converts to heat; therefore, it has to be cooled by ~3.5 btu of cooling energy. So. A 4,000 watt system of lights would have to be cooled by roughly 1.2 ton's or ~14,000 BTU a/c system (theoretically). Plus fans, air pump, sum. pump etc...

COST OF LIGHT IS NOT IT!
can I get an amen>?

Rolling Thunder said:
A few things: First off, the best European and Aussie growers average a 1.5 lb to 2.0 lb yield per square metre, using 600w HPS bulbs; and that`s using HPS from veg to flower, and no MH`s. Some will supplement with UVB in the latter stage of flowering. That is the real bench mark, in my opinion. As someone else observed, the 600w HPS bulb is the most efficient bulb, bar none. That means you get more bang for the buck, in terms of your electricity.

The second thing is, the most limiting growth factor in most good or well-run indoor gardens is not the light, but the C02 which drives photosynthesis. You cannot maximize the full yield potential of a 600w HPS bulb without C02 supplementation. If that is true of the 600w bulb, it is even more so true of the 1000w bulb.

The average C02 level in a well ventilated grow room is about 350-400 ppm. Between 30 to 60 watts per square foot, increase C02 to 1000 ppm and you will maximize yields; that is, only if all the other limiting factors have been properly addressed. Between 60 to 100 watts per square foot, it will require boosting supplementation to 1500-2000 ppm to maximize photosynthesis and yeilds.

If you do not intend to introduce C02 supplementation, then the 600w bulb per square metre light system is more than sufficient. C02 supplementation, though, is essential if you room is closed off, and not equipped with a good ventilation system, for renewing the air and C02 levels. If the C02 level drops below 200 ppm, then photosynthesis virutally stops and your yield will suck huge! Also, with higher C02 levels, your babies can take more heat without getting all stressed out over it, which also obstructs maximum yields.

Dude...who is this guy?

Is is spot on! Great post and, imo, is absolutly correct...'cept I believe 1000's aircooled produces an overall better result. Love my thoueys!
But a 600 vs 1000w is really a preference, nad I am not tryin' to start that debate! Just funnin.

But again, great post Rolling.

You wanna roll max in that room huh Albino?

Well...I am gonna throw you an idea...but it will cost loot to set up.

4- 1000watt 8" aircooled lites each over a 4'x4' area. I am not sure what media/method you are usuing.
Ensure that your lights are beiing cooled with an 8" can fan or equivilant and air is being pulled from OUTSIDE the grow room,thru the lites, then being exhausted outside the grow area.

8"Exhaust fan hooked to a carbon filter, hung form ceiling if u want to get down.

CO2 enrichment system with a C.A.P. Contrller(Fuzzy Logic preferred) to control dispersment of CO2, and operation of your exhaust fan. This could also control an intake fan, but ensure that your intake has a dampner on it so that it will close when air is not being pushed/pulled into the grow room. Complete sealing of the Grow space is key to maximizing CO2 Enrichment.

Cirulatory fans and blah,blah,blah. You get the picture.

Man I'm stoned.

Set that CO2 level to 1500ppm, and rock and roll.

Oh ya...$100 per 1000w lite....I have never seen that man. I live in Cali and we pay big for electricity, and my experience is around $30-40MAX per light. Know, this is just for the lights...not the rest of the show.

Rolling Thunder said:
um i plan on using co2 but to tell the truth probally not this grow! i will by controllers, co2, more fans and all that after harvest! i dont have much money now that i built the room! c02 sounds confusing though ive never looked into it! so how are these peeps pulling 1-2 lbs per 600???isnt that impossible? isnt it a gram per watt or so???? im a newb im just asking! that would be so nice though! where do i sign up and how do we do this??? for ventalation my plans are to have 2 1000's with one 8 inch eclipse inline and use my 12,000 btu ac if needed i want to try and not use it though, thats why im gonna by this new inline! how shouldi have it all hooked up ventalation wise?

4u2sm0ke said:
well im legal and will pay it every month! they shouldnt mind, its more money for them just as long as u pay it right? i just jope its not too much

Latest posts

Back