How many Lights in a 10x12 room for max yield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OGKushman said:
well hopefully i wont have to use my ac, im gonna buy a 8inch inline to maybe cool 2 of them! im gonna run 4 next time when i get co2 and more equipment and better prepared!

NorCalHal said:
Oh ya...$100 per 1000w lite....I have never seen that man. I live in Cali and we pay big for electricity, and my experience is around $30-40MAX per light. Know, this is just for the lights...not the rest of the show.
Using my electric costs in a spread sheet, it would cost me $322.09 to run the four, 1,000 watt lights 24/7, 29 days. After the switch to 12/12, it would be half of course.

NorCalHal said:
well c02 is around $500 for a system right??? thats a lil too much for me right now! ill run that next time for sure after this harvest! as of right now it seems like ill be running 2 lights cuz i dont want to pay pge for more than 2! i have one light already i just need to get another one and also a 8 inch inline! so your saying pull air from outside through the lights and out the attic????? wont pulling air from outside bring in bugs,pests, dirt and stuff???? how would i attatch a carbon filter to it like that???? is there a drawing or pic of a similar setup, pics explain alot to me, i dont uderstand by reading lol sorry i kinda get it though but not all the way! how sohuld i run a intake system in that room since theres no windows or anything????

well my bill jumped about $120 with my light and fan and then when i got my ac it jumped another $150!
me and a buddy compared and his was 100 something and mine was 80 something since i bought a digi! so to run 24/7 veg there about $100 and to flower about $50, i also live in cali and ya the rates are about 8 - 10 cents, it blows i hate cali everything is so expensive now a days!

StoneyBud said:
Using my electric costs in a spread sheet, it would cost me $322.09 to run the four, 1,000 watt lights 24/7, 29 days. After the switch to 12/12, it would be half of course.

ya that sounds about right!

theres some pics of my setup and the girls in my journal check it out guys

It's actually around 1200 for a CO2 system with the CAP controller.

Good post Stoney, I just based mine on 12 hour, as I only run all my lights when I flip to 12/12. I use only half of them to Veg, then spread them out for a max of 4-5 days, then flip.

IF you run aircooled lights, then if you EVER want to run CO2, then you need to seal off your lights intake and exhaust. Theis means pulling air thru the lights from a source outside the gorwroom, not neccisarily from "outside".

I use quantum 600's with open reflectors and an ac unit in the summer. Closed room, no external ventilation. Keeps the co2 through the roof. Those CAP controllers are expensive.

I run 2 6'' can fans, a blower on the floor and two oscillating fans. Plus my air pump and circulating pump.

My power bill is around $600 a month.

I get over a pound per 600. 18" canopy control. Lollypopped plants, no lowers.

I am setting up a few more rooms based on these principals. Being winter time, I will just pull in cold air and put the ac unit in cold storage.

What dictates mostly everyting is how you want to grow...

pots, ebb & flow, Dutch leech trays, Aero, Dwc...whatever.

NorCalHal said:
It's actually around 1200 for a CO2 system with the CAP controller.

Good post Stoney, I just based mine on 12 hour, as I only run all my lights when I flip to 12/12. I use only half of them to Veg, then spread them out for a max of 4-5 days, then flip.

IF you run aircooled lights, then if you EVER want to run CO2, then you need to seal off your lights intake and exhaust. Theis means pulling air thru the lights from a source outside the gorwroom, not neccisarily from "outside".

o ok you meant 12/12 with your costs, ya mines around the same when i flip but i got a digi lumatek supposily it saves 20%

damn that much for c02! i think i might wait a few harvests lol, i plan on running c02 soon but not right now as i dont have the funds and other equipment to do so! im trying to still learn! i doubt i have my setup ventalated right from the sounds of it! thats probally why the ac runs 24/7! i need to go get another inline dont i??? where do i put it?

so wat ur saying is i want my light to be on its own exhaust system (that pulls from somewhere else but the room??) so where could i pull air from then??? im just tryign to get all this right and suck up all this helpful info so i can step my game up with this growing idea! i want too happy with my last harvest and the setup is the same so i believe it needs to be changed as my temps are sky high

The Effen Gee said:
I use quantum 600's with open reflectors and an ac unit in the summer. Closed room, no external ventilation. Keeps the co2 through the roof. Those CAP controllers are expensive.

I run 2 6'' can fans, a blower on the floor and two oscillating fans. Plus my air pump and circulating pump.

My power bill is around $600 a month.

I get over a pound per 600. 18" canopy control. Lollypopped plants, no lowers.

I am setting up a few more rooms based on these principals. Being winter time, I will just pull in cold air and put the ac unit in cold storage.

What dictates mostly everyting is how you want to grow...

pots, ebb & flow, Dutch leech trays, Aero, Dwc...whatever.

well for right now i want to go with soil and pots! what do u mean u have no external ventalation?????
i beleive i dont have the ventalation correct in my room!

damn why is ur bill so much? how many lights u running??

AlbinoDanko12GA said:
Rolling Thunder said:
c02 sounds confusing though ive never looked into it! so how are these peeps pulling 1-2 lbs per 600???isnt that impossible? isnt it a gram per watt or so???? im a newb im just asking!
600 watts/28 grams = 21.4 ounces ;)

CO2 is so simple:p

AlbinoDanko12GA said:
o ok you meant 12/12 with your costs, ya mines around the same when i flip but i got a digi lumatek supposily it saves 20%

so wat ur saying is i want my light to be on its own exhaust system (that pulls from somewhere else but the room??) so where could i pull air from then???
Digital ballasts do not save you a penny. They make the light bulb run more efficient. But, 1,000 watt/hr is 1kwhr. Doest not change the draw into the ballast, just output.

For efficiently ducting air cooled lights...

Here I just made this:

2 light ducted.JPG

wat about if its 90F plus outside???? it dont matter??? still getting rid of the heat off the bulb right??????

and do i need another inline anywhere else for intake or exhaust or watever???

sorry guys im a newb and i dont have everything dialed in like i thought i did! im wanting to learn and listen, my last harvest wasnt that good, i didnt yield wat i probally could of!

AlbinoDanko12GA said:
OGKushman said:
also is there a cheap way to get co2 in the tent for now until i can afford a complete c02 system????
YOU NEED THE RIGHT EQUIPT TO MAKE THE ENVIROMENT PERFECT FOR CO2. WITH OUT CONDITIONS PERFECT THE CO2 IS A WASTE. SURE YOU CAN BUY THE TANK TIMER AND FLOW METER AND JUST THROW IT IN BU T IT WILL DO NO GOOD. I'VE DONE IT SAVE YOUR MONEY DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. O SORRY FOR ALL CAPS JUST NOTICED I HAD CAP LOCK ON

o for sure, when i get money to get c02 i will buy a complete system with a timer and all

Is your grow near a pilot light? Water heater? Oven?

when i get c02 it will be in a detached 10x12 grow room that im building right now! the house is like 15 feet away

Hey there AD12GA ~

Yes, you definitely need to do the CO2 thang, but in regard to lighting, I'm now beginning to think LED is the wave of the future, and if you have'nt already shelled out large for the HPS lamps, I would put on a hold on that until you've done a little research into LED's. They're new and a little pricey, so don't jump on anything too quickly until you've done some due diligence before hand. Go over to Google videos and run a search on LED Grows. I think you'll see something that will impress you.

Check out the LED 300w Serena Broad Band Grow Light[/URL]: "New Solid State Technology. This LED 300w Broad Band Grow light is for serious growers who require comparable results to a 1000w HPS for flowering and fruiting production. The addition of extra (UV) Blue and (IR) Red in this unit produces higher resin production, enhanced flower/fruit formation and finishing in certain species of plants." It seems to me, though, that this LED light is still deficient in the UVB spectrum, despite the extra UV; so you will need proper UVB supplementation during the final phase of flowering.

That is not to say that your bud won't be potent without the extra UVB supplementation, but only not as potent as with the extra UVB. This, imo, is now a proven and well established scientific fact. However, most growers are satisfied with the quality of bud grown without it; but those who have really checked out the the extra UVB, and the difference it makes, rarely if ever go back to growing without it. But it has to be the right type of UVB light and the right amount of UVB. ~ RT

Latest posts

Back