How many Lights in a 10x12 room for max yield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya i might use it then since i have a lot of it! i probaly have 70 or 80 feet of it!

im running the main wire with the 3 wires undeground from the main off the house to the room 100 feet away and putting a box on the inside with 2 20 amp switches for 240 and then 4 20 amp switches for 120! ill have like 8 outlets in the room or so! should that be good??

What size wire are you running (this is really important)? You are running quite a bit of amperage and with a 100' run, you are going to lose some...

wow 100 ft run is gonna cost ya some cash.if you run a 100 amp sub panel your lookin at 2 gauge wire. take a look at these calculators they may help you. replace the xx with tt
hxxp://www.electrician.com/vd_calculator.html
hxxp://www.alternate-energy.net/voltlosscalc03.html
hope this helps

they dropped the calc on the first link sorry but the 2nd one works make sure you have the correct ft. the less you go as far as ft wise the larger gauge you can do which will save you some cash. are you attempting this yourself or an electrician

also how many amp service you have at your home. you may also need to up your service if you dont have 200 amp service. always check your local codes as mine may and probally differ from your area

Those adjust-a-wings are much more durable than fixed hoods, plus you have a much more efficient light footprint.

Once I bought them I will never use anything else.
With the heat shields you can get the lights insanely close to your plants, not something you can do with a thousand watter....

dr pyro said:
they dropped the calc on the first link sorry but the 2nd one works make sure you have the correct ft. the less you go as far as ft wise the larger gauge you can do which will save you some cash. are you attempting this yourself or an electrician

well on the 2nd link i typed in 100 feet and 60 amps and it said 6 awg!!!! my buddy is helping me that im working for right now, hes a contractor, he knows how to wire it up and all but doesnt know the standards and wat awg wire i need and how much voltage is actualy dropped with running a 100 or so foot main wire!

i dont know wat amp service i have at my house! i think the main breaker is 100 amps but not sure! i also have a lil breaker for 240 inside the garage for like power tools and stuff! too bad it was to hot or else i would of grown in the garage where there was already power!

im going with the extrasun hoods! or maybe i will go with sunlight hoods since there made in america unlike extrasun! the dude at the shop is hooking it up! 3 dual 600 watt lumateks, 6 hoods and cords, 6 hortilux bulbs for under $2000

ya my numbers where for a 100 amp sub panel with the 2 gauge the calc figures what you need for wire considering the footage.you will probally be alright if you run the 60 amp subif you go hire you will need to change your service to 100 amp but check your local codes as mine differ from yours

ok i just got back from the other pad and the panel is 200 amps over there so thats good right??? the 8 inch 110 foot long trench is finaly bug and ready for conduit and wire to be dropped in! where do i get this 2 gauge wire at??i checked home depot and lowes and they dont carry anything that thick!

also picked up 2 lumatek 400's for vegging in the 3 x 6

AlbinoDanko12GA said:
ok i just got back from the other pad and the panel is 200 amps over there so thats good right??? the 8 inch 110 foot long trench is finaly bug and ready for conduit and wire to be dropped in! where do i get this 2 gauge wire at??i checked home depot and lowes and they dont carry anything that thick!

also picked up 2 lumatek 400's for vegging in the 3 x 6

You need to pick up the supplies from a local electrical distributor.

If you haven't laid the conduit yet you could save a lot by using UF cable or underground feeder, made for direct burial.

Growdude said:
You need to pick up the supplies from a local electrical distributor.

If you haven't laid the conduit yet you could save a lot by using UF cable or underground feeder, made for direct burial.

Also all you need is 4 awg hxxp://www.paigewire.com/pumpWireCalc.htm

The calculator in the second link is wrong as it will tell you only 16 awg is ok for 60 amps if your run is 5 feet and thats not true.

electrical supply house have your buddy get it he may be able to get a discount. 4 is more than enough for 60 amp 100 ft run. ya 200 amp service perfect you should have no problems.never used the clac for something so small like 5 ft but its good to know that that thing is out of whack for small numbers. thanks growdude for the correction and new link

ya i havent bought the conduit or anything yet! im doing some research first! isnt the underground wire expensive though??? i have 4 dogs so i think i better put it in conduit just in case they try and dig it up lol

so 4 awg would be enough, is there somewhere on the net i can buy this thick gauge wire, ive googled it but cant find any stores to sell it!

AlbinoDanko12GA said:
ya i havent bought the conduit or anything yet! im doing some research first! isnt the underground wire expensive though??? i have 4 dogs so i think i better put it in conduit just in case they try and dig it up lol

so 4 awg would be enough, is there somewhere on the net i can buy this thick gauge wire, ive googled it but cant find any stores to sell it!

Its going to be expensive no matter how you do it, here is a link to a place to get wire online, prob cheaper localy but not by much. hxxp://www.mcmaster.com/#single-conductor-wire/=3nmp19 - $151.00 per 100 ft.

Better get pricing on conduit and fittings, the pannel and the breakers as well as the wire.

so i need a single wire cable???? dont i need the 3 wire cable to go from the main 200 amp house panel box to the new panel box?? or is it just one power wire needed to go to the new room

you dont have a supply house in your area.

AlbinoDanko12GA said:
so i need a single wire cable???? dont i need the 3 wire cable to go from the main 200 amp house panel box to the new panel box?? or is it just one power wire needed to go to the new room

If your running conduit you would run 3 single conductors from your panel to your sub-panel.
You can run 3 conductor cable in conduit but its more expensive.

sorry i dont know anything about electrical wire, so home depot and lowes do not have it right??? i beleive i checked and there wasnt no 4 awg!! so i need to go to a electrical store, i bet theres one around here somewhere! ill be checking today!

so i need a 4 awg 3 wire??????(3 wires in one cable), in conduit buried 8 inches)!!?? i checked that link u gave me but theres like 10 different types of wire!!!!!!

AlbinoDanko12GA said:
so i need a 4 awg 3 wire??????(3 wires in one cable), in conduit buried 8 inches)!!?? i checked that link u gave me but theres like 10 different types of wire!!!!!!

As I stated , I would use single condutor wire, 3 # 4 and 1 # 8 for the ground.
if you ask for 4 awg 3 wire its going to be expensive and not needed unless you go with UF cable for direct burial.

Here is a new link to THHN wire hxxp://www.mcmaster.com/#single-conductor-wire/=3o71jq

And for a 220 volt sub panel your going to need 2 hots, 1 neutral and one ground.

Better get some help with the project its not something you should do without knowing how to do it.

ok i got it now, thats wat i thought, the wire with 4 wires! i didnt know u needed 2 hots for 240 though, thanks! i have a buddy of mine that knows how to wire up a room, the thing is i have to have everything here, so im trying to go out and get everything myself and try to get an idea of wats going on!
he said he wants to wire it up for 4 220 outlets and 4 110 outlets.

went to the shop today and the guy said early next week ill have my equipment! i got 3 new dual dimmable 600 watters, 6 sun system hoods, and 6 solar max bulbs

Latest posts

Back