how many plants in 1 pot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iClown

Stoned Indefinitly.
Reaction score
Is it okay to put 2 or 3 seeds in one 1 gallon pot, I don't want the plant to get too big and I don't know I was just wondering if anyone has anything to say on the topic.

I believe the rule is 1 gallon per foot of plant height. So a one gallon pot will be enough for one 1ft tall plant.

what happens when you have to plants fighting for the space of 1 pot? do 1 kinda over power the other 1 , since they're both weeds do the roots get along lol? ( stoned question haha )

1 plant 1 pot IMO - what if you have 1 male? what if you have 2 females and they need a transplant? - all bad - I think the plants root sytem needs its own space without another plant root system invade...

Root systems are HUGE and very, very complex and need to find their own way - this is after all the main part of the plant and whatever it takes for me to keep my roots happy is what I do - I spend ALOT of time and $ on my soil, as to me this whole part of growing is in the top 5 of importance - again JMHO :)

When I transplanted out of 4" pots, it was all roots :hubba: and this was only at 2 weeks (I think) I was amazed myself at how fast they became root bound :confused:

okay 1 plant per pot I just thought as a side experiment put 2 plants in 1 pot and see how it ended but I see its a bad idea.

I've grown loads of plants more than one to the pot but its not best practice although 2 small plants are the equivalent to one large one(kinda?) and have had 2 in a pot yield more than single plants in the same grow.

I have 2 large original Cheese plants currently in one 11 ltr pot and should have flipped to 12/12 sooner and as a result will have to support them with canes as although I have very profuse branching its rather thin stemmed as a result as they are competing for light but should yield about 4oz and are about 3 foot tall.(topped twice and quite wide as a result)

Some folk I know grow 4 small clones to an 11 ltr pot and trim most of the lower branches to give mainly 4 single cola's and the yields are more than respectable,so multiple plants in 1 pot can finish nice and healthy but you have to get the size correct which I didn't get right this time around!:p

iClown said:
okay 1 plant per pot I just thought as a side experiment put 2 plants in 1 pot and see how it ended but I see its a bad idea.

nothing wrong with self experiments my friend..if you have the time..space and material..do it. TCVG has a BIN O BUDS but they are all clones..but they seem to be doing well..and i have read that someone had grown a few seeds out in one container..But IMO..to many things can go wrong with one plant..then you treat 4 that and damage the others..I like 1 plant per pot only because its easyier 4me to pull the weaker ones..Good luck and thanks for growing:lama:

4u2sm0ke said:
nothing wrong with self experiments my friend..if you have the time..space and material..do it. TCVG has a BIN O BUDS but they are all clones..but they seem to be doing well..and i have read that someone had grown a few seeds out in one container..But IMO..to many things can go wrong with one plant..then you treat 4 that and damage the others..I like 1 plant per pot only because its easyier 4me to pull the weaker ones..Good luck and thanks for growing:lama:

Yes, and of course if you wanna play then play around then, it is all experience, I too just find it easier for me with one pot each...
Whatever you do in this hobby is rewarding :D

:48:

Latest posts

Back