How many plants, yellow leaf, t5 vs mh?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IB_Funky

Reaction score
Ive got a 2x10 closet set up and was wondering how many plants i can fit in there, along with what size buckets? The leaf on the bottom of my one plant started turning yellow, have not put in any nutrients, and theyve been growing for 3 weeks now, Could that be the problem? I planted them in scotts soil thinking that this was going to be an exprienment, but they turned out to be growing quickly, and have become pretty large. My question is, can I go ahead and purchase the fox farm 3 pack, and use it with the scotts soil? I have also been doin a little research with the t5 bulbs, and have read that they can be instead of the mh for the veg. stage. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

so you have a plant but no grow room? im not even going to get into that. you need to do some reading not look for someone to do your homework for ya. id get rid of the soil & use something worthy w/ f.f. liquids. thats all the advice you squeeze outta me.

no no, ive got a few of them growing in my closet, with one t5, but am moving them out of my house to a friends

alrighty then. sorry about the mix up. so its 3wks old & 1 leaf on couple plants is yellow, right? i wouldnt worry about it if its located @ bottom of plant. id wait til some tell tale signs pop up for nutes. especially if theyre in time release. personally id let soil dry out then repot into a quality soil/perlite mix & give heavy plain water wait 2 wks then hit w/ reduced amount of nutes. t5's are great for veg provided use of correct spectrum. quantum makes one called bad boy & puts out more lumens than a 1000w(so they say).

hey doc you got a url for that t5, the badboy? I'd like to check it out and possably buy one for my veg room and move my 400w mh/hps into the flower room with my 600w hps. Sorry not trying to high jack your thread there bud!

LF here ya go growlightexpress.com/fluorescent-grow-lights-5/quantum-t5-badboy-12-lamp-923.html

Thank you sir, ive got a 2x10 room completly covered with Reflectix from lowes. The plants are in 3gal buckets, too small? or should I go with 5 gal? Also, ive been feeding them with water I believe once a week (everytime the soil looks a little dry on top). Theyve been responding good so far, but a few of the upper leaves are starting to turn a lighter green?

Thanks alot mann

if you are in soil go with the biggest bucket you can fit in there....under floros, plants will grow their best if the lights are kept about 1 inch away.as for # of plants in a 2x10....i'd say 5...and i would use no less than 8 T5's (4x4) with a small fan to keep em' happy.

docfishwrinkle said:
quantum makes one called bad boy & puts out more lumens than a 1000w.

Boy, they are proud of that thing aren't they--$400 just for the fixture, you still have to buy the bulbs..

When we do the math--these lights are really not that impressive. It actually says the 2 of these put out "more usable lumens" (I don't really like statements like that without anything to back it up--anyone can make any kind of claim) than a 1000W HPS. So, we have 2 12 tube fixtures that are going to use 24 54W lamps each emitting 5000 lumens. This is 1296 watts emitting 120,000 lumens. I also really doubt that this many T5s will emit less heat than a 1000W HPS (where heat can be dealt with fairly easily with an air cooled hood).

I really like T5s, but I hate it when manufacturers make unsubstantiated claims about their products. They should really stop with the B$ sales hype.

This is 1296 watts emitting 120,000 lumens.
A 1000 watt HPS is around 135000 - 145000.. and uses less electricity/power.
"1300" watts of flourescents is definatly going to produce a very similar amount of heat...if not "more" due to inefficiency... ;)

HG, and Hick....I saw that to last night, I think I'm better of with my 400 mh/hps, thanks for the info though doc!

yeah i wasnt really promoting them & does sound to good to be true. i always need cold hard facts when purchasing a product. THG & hick thx for putting that out there. i ran across the ad in maximum yield.

Latest posts

Back