how much is too much?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokinherper

python reguis addict!!!
Reaction score
i know this may be a broad question but how many 1000w lights would you say would be too much? i mean to the point of suspicion where the police might investigate. large 5 bedroom house. ANY insight will be greatly appriciated. thanks in advance!

love and light

running hydro with drip system. many fans and a portable ac unit. ill have allot of cool toys going into the system aswell so consider all of the other power being used.

im wanting to run 4 1000W HPS in flowering room and 4 600W MH in veg room. hoping to run about 45 plants if i feel safe enough.

Even with a medical card 45 plants, if caught, is going to be a big problem, let's do the math.
45 plants producing an average of 4 ozs per plant will yield over 11 lbs of marijuana, do you really need that much?
if you have a SOG you will harvest every couple months, are you going to go through 11 lbs every 8-10 weeks?
Do you have ANY clue of the smell of that many budding plants?, I would be able to smell it from my house.

Maybe you ought to review your needs before hand?

In addition to asking "Do you need that much?" (which is a good question), I would also be asking if you have the time to take care of that many plants? Taking care of this many plants by yourself can be terribly hard and it will be about a full time job.

If you pay your power bill it will not be a problem. It is a common misconception that people get busted because their power bill is high, but that is not true. People get busted because of stupid things they do, like telling other people, leaving growing debris around, not dealing with odors--that kind of thing.

While I think that Sherrwood's estimate of every plant yielding 4 ozs is optimistic, a 45 plant grow is going to yield a lot (if you have the time to take care of them properly). I am in a non-MMJ state and the penalties get way worse over 25 plants so I always keep my plant count below that. That is something you should keep in mind--while you will not get busted for using a lot of power, there are a lot of things that can and will trip you up. I always know that I could be busted at any time for reasons beyond my control and therefore keep by plant count below the "mandatory jail time" count, which is 25 where I live.

So, questions to ask yourself...Do I need that much? Do I have the time to take care of this many plants as they should be cared for? Am I willing to go to prison?

Like THG implied - be very careful growing that many plants. In a non-MJ state, the prosecutor would likely push for a trafficking violation, and a very long prison sentence for you if caught growing 45 plants.

I know it sounds cool to "harvest a pound a month", but the downside is possibly (probably) eventually wearing an orange jumpsuit and having about 500 live-in boyfriends for 10 years.

Latest posts

Back