How To Make Female Seeds!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85cannabliss

HERB SMOKER
Reaction score
now i dont have a link to the source of this, mainly because.... i dont know where it was, but it makes sense so this is 'what i beleive' the way its done. please correct me if im wrong.

first you take your female clones from the same mother, grown to matuirity, and put them in the flowering room, you let them bud for 2-3 weeks, and then remove 1 of them. with this 1 you have on the same 12/12 schedule, but you turn it hermie (hermaphrodite). do this by interupting its 12 hours of darkness by allowing light get to it 3 or 4 times a night. once you have your hermie, from a female clone, the male pollen will have female genetics.
you then take this pollen from the hermied clone's, male sacs, and pollenate the other clone, which has had a not interupted 12/12 schedule. the seeds that are produced from this process will be (roughly) 85% female.
to get the % up, you then take a female from this batch of seeds, clone it, and then repeat this process. this will give you (again, roughly) 95% female seeds.
then, as you would guess the process is repeated over and over again to produce 100% female seeds. but as you know there is never 100% anything, but its close enough, and if you do this and find the odd male or hermie, then thats just the 1/1000 chance it will happen, that is, if the seeds have been reared correctly.

i decided to post this because people have alot of different views on what they think is how its done. and again, this is how i think its done. hope its right, and hope it helps clear things up for some of you.

85CANNABLISS:bolt:

that sould like a natural way, i read some ways that chemicals are used, but ur's seems like it might work also

I dont believe this is how its done, hermi pollen will produce more hermi's.

i dont think it will, you arent pollenating the same plant. you do it to a non hermie plant from then same mother.

85cannabliss said:
i dont think it will, you arent pollenating the same plant. you do it to a non hermie plant from then same mother.
You're useing hermie pollen. You're breeding toward/for the hermie characteristic. Hermies are not something ametuer seedmakers should be fooling with...IMHO
Grow females from regular old "boy /girl seed..and clone them hundreds of times. But please for the sake of the 'already' polluted gene pool, leave the "female" (femminised) seedmaking to those that have an understanding of genetics.
For decades, knowledgable breeders of high drug quality mj, have worked to breed out the herm' characteristic. Due to it's poor qualities for thc production and the degredation of the quality of the gene pool.
Over the last few yrs, "femminisation" by less scrupolous breeders and ametuer seedmakers has lead to the high percentage of hermies that are being seen lately..."IMHO"

What is the purpose?..the point?...
I have two females that I have used as Mothers/Donors for 3 years now.
You only need one good female plant to grow, virtually for years.
The seedbanks charge an arm and a leg for them. I see their agenda..but IMHO, if you aren't breeding in an attempt to "improve" on the strain, or preserve rare genetics, your head and heart are not in the right spot.

i wont be trying this in the near future HICK, i may never try it, but ive heard of lots of different views on the idea, i thought id share what i have read about the subject.

Latest posts

Back